Are you using real ST or emulator?

No topic. Everything you want to speak about. Please just stay courteous.

Moderators: Mug UK, Silver Surfer, Moderator Team

Stefan jL
Atari God
Atari God

Are you using real ST or emulator?

Postby Stefan jL » Sat May 17, 2003 9:00 am

What do you guys use for playing Atari ST games/demos? real hardware or emulators?

I am using both actually, like when i want to try out something fast i use an emulator and when there is something i will use many times then i transfer it to ataridisk for use on real hardware.
I don't have an STE so all that stuff i have to use on emulators.

bpadinha
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Emu

Postby bpadinha » Sat May 17, 2003 11:48 am

I haven't been able to buy a working ST again yet, so I'm currently on 'emu'-only.

Bruno

Silver Surfer
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Postby Silver Surfer » Sat May 17, 2003 5:25 pm

I use emulators. :oops: Too bad though, there is nothing like the real thing. But hey, I have 2 Jaguars atleast. :D

[ProToS]

Postby [ProToS] » Sun May 18, 2003 3:24 am

use both, emu and real hardware
SeeU
[ProToS]/Facebook

Ayreon
Obsessive compulsive Atari behavior

Postby Ayreon » Sun May 18, 2003 11:18 pm

Using the real hardware. Emulators are great, i tried them a few times, but it's never like the real thing. Not to mention the compitability problems.

Picking up St's is very simple. Not long ago i picked up a Mega ST 4 + 512ST + 2 sm124 (ok useless for games and demo's) + printer (useless too really) for a bunch of flowers. A week later i found a Falcon030 desktopper with coprocessor and eagle 32 accelerator + mega ST 4 + 2 megafiles + somesort of midi rack case with only a falcon mainboard but with co-processor + a couple of monitors for 50 euro. And that cos the (new) owner was stupid enough to connect a SM124 to the keyboard connector and thought the thing didn't work :twisted: I still have to convert the connector in such way a mega st keyboard works on it though, since the formal owner created some non working converter for it.

Silver Surfer
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Postby Silver Surfer » Mon May 19, 2003 9:05 pm

Ayeron, you lucky lucky man! The only atari I have seen in a shop the last couple of years was a Stacy going for 2-300 euros or something. Not quite the bargin. :(

I am checking the papers and auction sites for modestly prices Falcons, no luck yet but I'm hanging in there. Some day....

ST Graveyard
Obsessed with homicide
Obsessed with homicide

Postby ST Graveyard » Mon May 19, 2003 9:17 pm

Depends on what you see in "modestly" priced ... The lowest I saw them go was at about 150 bucks ... on Ebay ... But these babys are hard to find ... sadly :cry:

Maarten
Atari Legend IS back!

Silver Surfer
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Postby Silver Surfer » Mon May 19, 2003 9:22 pm

Yeah, It seems like auction sites are not the way to do it. Still 150... that might just be a price I would be willing to pay.

Ayreon

Postby Ayreon » Mon May 19, 2003 10:57 pm

Maarten, you should keep an eye on http://www.marktplaats.nl . They got a seperate ATARI section for people who sell and buy ATARI. ST's are offered almost daily. STE is a bit harder to find. Falcon's pop up now and then as well. Ofcourse it is a Dutch site, but the Falcons i picked up came from the very south of Dutch Limburg and that wouldn't be too far away from you i think.

Stacy and ST book are extremely rare and some people are willing to pay high prices for them. I think you're already lucky if you find one for sale.

ST Graveyard
Obsessed with homicide
Obsessed with homicide

Postby ST Graveyard » Tue May 20, 2003 7:43 am

Indeed Ayreon, that isn't far from my home (I live in Limburg myself) ... I got my Jaguar from Marktplaats.nl ... Maybe I should check it more often ... Thanks for the tip!!

Cheers,
Maarten
Atari Legend IS back!

Trooper
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Postby Trooper » Tue May 20, 2003 4:58 pm

Damn, so much good stuff up for sale there.......just a couple of problems, I live in sweden, and I don't speak dutch... :cry:

Since I do speak some german I have no big problems understanding what's sold but I can't figure out if people are willing to ship it for me if I DO buy something and how much it costs to ship stuff from the Netherlands to Sweden.

Thanks for the tip anyway.

Cheers!

/Troop

Ayreon

Postby Ayreon » Wed May 21, 2003 1:28 pm

Marktplaats.nl usually works as follwed.
You can bid on the product, but almost nobody does that. Just contact the advertiser directly by email with what you offer for what he/she has for sale. (Mostly they're just people who want to get rid of their old stuff. Sometimes it's somebody who's doing it only for the money. ) When agreed on that you arrange how to get the stuff. So far i only went to pick up the things. Sending by mail is not common (apart for smaller things like a lynx) and i think not many people are willing to go through the paying hassles (i.e. creditcard, international money order, paypal etc.) So i think it will be a tough cookie to find someone who is willing to send things to foreign countries. On the other hand, it might be worth to try. Almost every dutchy knows english so that shouldn't be a big problem.

Social Media

Return to “Chat forum [ENG]”