Vectronix! Cracktro´s on other Systems?!

No topic. Everything you want to speak about. Please just stay courteous.

Moderators: Mug UK, Silver Surfer, Moderator Team

moondog/.tSCc.

Vectronix! Cracktro´s on other Systems?!

Postby moondog/.tSCc. » Sun Jan 07, 2007 12:33 pm

Meuh together!

I just wonder if there are more Cracktros by Vectronix on other systems around. I just got hold of this one, about 8 years back and as it seems, it is a little rarity as I didn´t found it on other sources before. It was done for Magic PC and runs on Win98 and XP, as I remember there wasn´t a special powered system needed for it (P233MMX+ATI RageIIc+64 MB were enough).

Would be cool if you could share the ones you maybe got hold off, too.

Greetings, Eric
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Undercover Magascene - observing the Atari scene since 1993

NiceGuyUK
Atari Super Hero
Atari Super Hero

Postby NiceGuyUK » Sun Jan 07, 2007 6:33 pm

Yeah, I got sent that one years back by Xerud, who had written the nice little intro.
Also known as Big Boss Man of Demografica

moondog/.tSCc.

Postby moondog/.tSCc. » Sun Jan 07, 2007 6:52 pm

Hello, the intro was coded by Slippy and he´s from Germany, I hardly doubt Xerud and Slippy are the same persons...

Greetings, Eric

calimero
Fuji Shaped Bastard
Fuji Shaped Bastard

Postby calimero » Sun Jan 07, 2007 9:22 pm

lotek already said @http://www.pouet.net/prod.php?which=19027

"THIS IS NOT THE REAL VECTRONIX!"

what happend with Phoenix, metalxxx (I forgot his nick) and other people that I know only from .nfo files :) :)

NiceGuyUK
Atari Super Hero
Atari Super Hero

Postby NiceGuyUK » Sun Jan 07, 2007 10:14 pm

moondog/.tSCc. wrote:Hello, the intro was coded by Slippy and he´s from Germany, I hardly doubt Xerud and Slippy are the same persons...

Greetings, Eric

Hmm..must be my faulty memory. Definitely had *something* to do with Xerud though. He's a forum visitor, we'll ask him :wink:
Also known as Big Boss Man of Demografica

moondog/.tSCc.

Postby moondog/.tSCc. » Mon Jan 08, 2007 7:28 am

@Calimero

Well, the actual intro and crack was by the -real- Vectronix as all mentioned/involved members are from Vectronix Atari (Metallinos, Slippy, Phoenix, Dumpfbacke), to be precise Lotek is speaking about the todays demo group Vectronix, that was formed by Slippy on PC. Except Slippy no former Vectronix member is involved there. In fact since Phoenix disappeared Slippy was the last one, popping up here and then, using the label for his own stuff then, even though he wasn´t that much involved in the last works of Vectronix on Atari anymore.

@NiceGuyUK

Well, Slippy is still a bit active in the demo scene, even though on PC nowadays. He was a member of a wellknown german ST demo group before/besides Vectronix, so I know that he can´t be the same as Xerud as this guy seems to be from Scotland, no?

Greetings, Eric

calimero
Fuji Shaped Bastard
Fuji Shaped Bastard

Postby calimero » Mon Jan 08, 2007 8:19 am

thanx moondog, nowthings are more clear :)
so Phoenix disappeared? he was cool guy, we downloaded lot of programs from Vectronix BBS (atarians from Serbia :) ) so my friends used to chat with Phoenix...

Mug UK
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Mug UK » Mon Jan 08, 2007 9:30 am

Nice intro ...... whoever did it :)
My main site: http://www.mug-uk.co.uk - slowly digging up the bits from my past (and re-working a few): Atari ST, Sega 8-bit (game hacks) and NDS (Music ripping guide).

I develop a free Word (for Windows) add-in that's available for Word 2007 upwards. It's a fix-it toolbox that will allow power Word users to fix document errors. You can find it at: http://www.mikestoolbox.co.uk

phx^vex
Atarian
Atarian

Postby phx^vex » Thu Sep 13, 2007 2:55 am

sorry for bumping this old thread, but anyway... i could just never resist answering mail even though i should not... or i couldn't sleep, or whatever... reasons are many and excuses are lame... :) oops, that was a word not used in a long long time.

calimero wrote:thanx moondog, nowthings are more clear :)
so Phoenix disappeared? he was cool guy, we downloaded lot of programs from Vectronix BBS (atarians from Serbia :) ) so my friends used to chat with Phoenix...

not only was he a cool guy and dissappeared in the shadows (like all cool guys usually do) but there's always the thingie about the firebird rising from the ashes! hey ho, let's go!

crazy serbians, bribing the phone company to call hot'n'sexy swedish bbs'es, ahh those were the days. i do remember very well, although names seems to slip my mind way too easily as age is getting to me. my girlfriend at the time thought i spent more time chatting with people from around the world than with her, and i guess she was right. what was i supposed to do? lucky me there were more girls out there. so, faramir where are you these days? i've missed you! (oops!)

i guess i'll have to install this Hatari thingie when i wake up tomorrow. this could be fun. long time no rick dangerous!

cheers,
phoenix :)

Greenious
Hardware Guru
Hardware Guru

Postby Greenious » Thu Sep 13, 2007 8:37 pm

Hehe, Phoenix!

Only took 12 days for me to bring you to atari-forum and make your first post!

:)
Updated my guides as of june 28th, 2016. Check'em out and feedback!
viewtopic.php?t=5040

slippy
Atarian
Atarian

Postby slippy » Fri Oct 05, 2007 6:23 am

@phoenix: Heeeey dude - nice to see you here again ... quite a long time no hear ;)

@the rest: dudes that intro has been done back in 1998 by me ... the one SLiPPY / VeX ... and that demogroup accident ... apologies for this ^^

I still have contact to some of the other "real" members ... so perhaps one day there might be a surprisingly revival ... who knows ... in fact ... not me :)

Anyway - funny to read about this "mystic" intro as I already nearly forgot I ever did it :)

Nowadays I do some libs for demo/intro coders here and there (check OSMEngine and my tiny Future Composer lib) ...

Cheers and have fun!

SLiPPY/VeCTRONiX! 2007
(Vebrechen im Fadenkreuz)
still here and there ... buggin' around ...

Social Media

Return to “Chat forum [ENG]”