Recent "Cabinet Re-Shuffle" here....

No topic. Everything you want to speak about. Please just stay courteous.

Moderators: Mug UK, Silver Surfer, Moderator Team

RetroGamerUK
RetroLamerUK
RetroLamerUK

Recent "Cabinet Re-Shuffle" here....

Postby RetroGamerUK » Sat Nov 18, 2006 12:25 am

Just wondered if anyone would like to enlighten the less informed of us here (me) as to the reasoning behind the recent moderator shuffling, which I have just noticed.
I am genuinely (not joking for once) glad to see that Mug has been given more power here as he is probably the single most dedicated user here that I know of (enjoy the uncharacteristic niceness Mike it wont last), so if anyone deserves to have total power and tell people off, lock topics when things get a bit hairy etc then its him!.
And as an extra bonus it seems that most of the inactive "figurehead" moderators have been removed - not before time in my opinion.
However, the thing that intrigues me the most, and no doubt others is this:
Why are Cyrano Jones and Showaddywaddy still moderators?
Have they not jumped ship?
Have their positions have been left open as a gesture of goodwill in the hope that they will return?
Have they already returned but have insisted that I can't see their topics?
Do I want them to return?
Who knows...

bodkinz

Postby bodkinz » Sat Nov 18, 2006 6:57 pm

Personally (and this is only my personal feelings) I'd like to see Cyrano Jones and Showaddywaddy back on this forum and leaving it open for them to return is a good idea... The moderator shuffle again in my humble opinion looking back was needed due to people become a lot less active (very true RetroGamerUK)...

hope I havn't spoken out of turn.. I can't speak for the admins or other moderators...

mugUK.. congrats on your larger role on the forum :)

:cheers:
someone post something, i'm bored :)

unseenmenace
Atari God
Atari God

Postby unseenmenace » Sat Nov 18, 2006 7:18 pm

bodkinz wrote:mugUK.. congrats on your larger role on the forum :)

Was that a dig :lol:
UNSEEN MENACE
Several STFM's, 4MB STE, 2MB TT with 1.2GB Hard Drive and 14MB Falcon with 540MB Hard Drive,
Lynx 2 and Jaguar with JagCD
Member of GamebaseST and AtariLegend team
Check out my website at http://unseenmenace.110mb.com

RetroGamerUK
RetroLamerUK
RetroLamerUK

Postby RetroGamerUK » Sat Nov 18, 2006 7:24 pm

bodkinz wrote:Personally (and this is only my personal feelings) I'd like to see Cyrano Jones and Showaddywaddy back on this forum and leaving it open for them to return is a good idea...

Thats pretty much what I was wondering, I was also wondering if indeed they are already back but not talking...

unseenmenace wrote:

Was that a dig :lol:

Careful, he is a general moderator now 8O and unless that role comes with a complementary sense of humour then I doubt he will be impressed :|

bodkinz

Postby bodkinz » Sat Nov 18, 2006 8:15 pm

I had the feeling no one wanted to post anything here in reply... i found it hard to know what to say to be honest :) (was very quiet for quite some hours till i decided to jump in)

buy hey :)

Lautreamont
Obsessive compulsive Atari behavior
Obsessive compulsive Atari behavior

Postby Lautreamont » Sat Nov 18, 2006 9:37 pm

I don't believe D-Bug are the kind of people to leave twice and come back, especially on a sovietic forum which erased their posts.

cb
Fuji Shaped Bastard
Fuji Shaped Bastard

Postby cb » Sat Nov 18, 2006 10:14 pm

we all bow before you Muggy! 8)
AL-FGC
Heghlu'meH QaQ jajvam!

SiR.BenSon
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Postby SiR.BenSon » Sat Nov 18, 2006 10:24 pm

cb wrote:

we all bow before you Muggy! 8)

*hails*
4 Meg STe, 520 STFM, 1040 STFM x2, SM124
Master System II
Mega Drive x2
Dreamcast x2

Mug UK
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Mug UK » Sat Nov 18, 2006 10:55 pm

Gee shucks .. thanks awfully :)

I'll do my best to not wade in all guns blazing .. not even when Retrogamer takes a thread soooo far off topic that it's on another forum :)
My main site: http://www.mug-uk.co.uk - slowly digging up the bits from my past (and re-working a few): Atari ST, Sega 8-bit (game hacks) and NDS (Music ripping guide).

I develop a free Word (for Windows) add-in that's available for Word 2007 upwards. It's a fix-it toolbox that will allow power Word users to fix document errors. You can find it at: http://www.mikestoolbox.co.uk

RetroGamerUK
RetroLamerUK
RetroLamerUK

Postby RetroGamerUK » Sat Nov 18, 2006 11:41 pm

I rest my case ;)
If my biggest crime in this forum is going off topic then I can sleep tonight ;) ,good luck keeping the forum tidy Mike, the second anyone else goes off topic I will send you a PM ;)

And as for D-Bug, lacking any official replies here I will assume that their (CJ and shw/grazey) moderator positions have been left open to them as a good-will gesture.

Lautreamont wrote:I don't believe D-Bug are the kind of people to leave twice and come back, especially on a sovietic forum which erased their posts.

Well I never realised that they had left before, unless you refer to them being in the background for a while - as shw mentioned in his closing post.
The main problem I have with posts being erased is when it happens before I get to read them :(

bodkinz wrote:I had the feeling no one wanted to post anything here in reply... i found it hard to know what to say to be honest :) (was very quiet for quite some hours till i decided to jump in)

buy hey :)

Perhaps that has been the problem here, when people are reluctant to say what is on their mind for fear of "rocking the boat" or offending someone, I am not especially brave or anything, I just think - whats the worst that could happen?? someone may have a go back, which they are entitled to, I could get told off by the mods, some important sceners could leave in a huff.... not really frightening prospects....
I am not trying to start anything here, or troll / flame etc, I was really just testing the water with this post and it seems that this place has mellowed out somewhat as of late, and I know that Mike will always keep a cool head when things get ugly, and perhaps he will stay his hand a bit longer from the big red flashing "lock / delete topic" buttons...
Last edited by RetroGamerUK on Sun Nov 19, 2006 12:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

bodkinz

Postby bodkinz » Sun Nov 19, 2006 12:04 am

yup.. free speech is good.. if we had to pay.. i'm sure the government would try to tax it :lol:

bj
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Postby bj » Sun Nov 19, 2006 1:40 am

I'm all for free speech. Personally I don't like to see topics or posts being erased. don't like to see people being excluded either not even if they're being deliberately provocative ( er retrogamer) it all makes for a lively scene. Every now & again we need the Fool to help us shift perspective. As for muggys' Larger Roll surely it's not a matter of size (otherwise we'd all be out on our ears) it's more a matter of the orifice he has to do & his capacity to perform the service required.
Mug seems generally not to get pulled into the drama of conflicting posts so I guess he's a good person to moderate. Unless this is a simply one more step in his steady progression towards Atari Guru. It's a plot you see he's gonna be deified and the forum will be renamed "Mugs atari" - the website will open to the sight of his benign rotundness smilingly benignly and inviting us all to "share" in his endless benificient moderation. With every post his benign smile will gradually broaden until it envelops the whole site. Whenever you log on there will be an image of his Fujiness, when you post a message his image will smile beningly at you, should you transgress & post off topic or controvesially then the image of his benigness will look slightly hurt in response but no judgement will be implied.

Eventually posts & postees that transgress simply won't appear on the site. Those disturbing vibes will be filtred out so that we can all worship undisturbed. ....

Where were we .. ah yes ... moderation. :)
Last edited by bj on Sun Nov 19, 2006 11:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
regards
BJ

RetroGamerUK
RetroLamerUK
RetroLamerUK

Postby RetroGamerUK » Sun Nov 19, 2006 1:45 am

He's always been my Buddha... in more ways than one ;)

Social Media

Return to “Chat forum [ENG]”