worst console you ever played

No topic. Everything you want to speak about. Please just stay courteous.

Moderators: Mug UK, Silver Surfer, Moderator Team

MrPixel
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

worst console you ever played

Postby MrPixel » Sat Feb 10, 2018 6:43 pm

worst game
worst graphics and sound
system it was on (apple pippen does not count as a "console")

Foxie
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Re: worst console you ever played

Postby Foxie » Tue Feb 20, 2018 7:40 pm

Growing up, I had one of those cheap Pong clones. Graphics don't get much worse than that, but it was at least playable.

In terms of specs, the Nintendo NES was pretty awful. Released the same year as the 520ST and A1000 (in the West), yet just compare those specs. I've never heard any amazing music from the NES. At least there were some very talented composers really pushing the YM chip to the max - despite the YM chip being about comparable to the NES.

I always laugh when I see Americans talking online about how the NES "revolutionized" gaming world-wide. I only knew one person with a NES growing up, and that was pretty late - well into the 16 bit era. The Spectrum, Atari ST and Commodore Amiga were where the gaming action was really at.

And seriously? Playing games with a controller that resembles a pocket calculator? Where's the joystick?

MrPixel
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Re: worst console you ever played

Postby MrPixel » Fri Feb 23, 2018 8:40 pm

UK i presume? i can understand your skepticism. listen to Mega man 1 through 6, Star wars, Contra even. as far as good games, you can't beat super mario brothers 2 and 3. even the best offerings for computer's can't match contra for NES

Social Media

Return to “Chat forum [ENG]”