X-Out (Raving Mad Edition)

All about ST/STE games

Moderators: simonsunnyboy, Mug UK, Doctor Bob Gordon, ICS, Moderator Team

EstTeeEfEm
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

X-Out (Raving Mad Edition)

Postby EstTeeEfEm » Sun Mar 13, 2016 8:19 pm

I own a copy of X-Out that is one disk double sided.
Its in a plastic case not too dis-similar in size to a CD case. It says on the cover that it is exclusive to "Raving Mad" and the only information I can find is that Raving Mad was some pack on the Amiga that contained about 5 games ?

I know its not the Amiga inserts i have because the Atari ST/E Double sided requirement is printed on the actual label as opposed to being a sticker added later.
If it wasnt for the fact that Atari-Mania forum has STILL not activated my email i could image the disk or at the very least get some shots of the inserts.
Just wanted to know
a) how rare such an item is
b)What the hell is "Raving "mad" ? :P (Apart from me)

aktiv8
Atari God
Atari God

Re: X-Out (Raving Mad Edition)

Postby aktiv8 » Sun Mar 13, 2016 9:14 pm

Not entirely sure if it's part of a series of themed ST complications, as there is a "Raving Mad" compilation reported that contained Rodland, Robocod and Mega Twins.

Going by the fact those are cutesy/cartoon-style platformers, maybe there was a "Raving Mad" compilation for shoot-em-ups too?
>>> Trust me, I'm a Research Chemist.... <<<

Stefan jL
Atari God
Atari God

Postby Stefan jL » Sun Mar 13, 2016 10:43 pm

Raving Mad compilation exist for the ST also and comes with a free budget game (Kixx)... here is an auction for the Amiga version wich in that case has Tusker:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Amiga-Game-Raving-Mad-Rodland-RoboCod-Mega-Twins-by-U-S-Gold-/121923506206

kodak80
Atari Super Hero
Atari Super Hero

Postby kodak80 » Sun Mar 13, 2016 10:44 pm

The Raving Mad compilation also has an extra game. On the front of the box is states "includes free Kixx game". There is no reference on the box as to what the free game is though. Does your x-Out have any reference to "Kixx" on the disk?

Raving Mad (Compilation) - Box front(small).jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Atari Falcon 030 | Atari 1040 STE | Atari 1040 STFM | Atari 1040 STF | Kryoflux & Supercard Pro Flux boards | MiniCosmosEx
Admin of Atari ST Review Magazine Archive: http://www.ataristreview.com

EstTeeEfEm
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Postby EstTeeEfEm » Mon Mar 14, 2016 6:25 am

Oh yes, its the usual blue screen with red on top Kixx style box... havent seen an ST version though of the raving mad pack only the Amiga one...
I do wonder if X-Out was THE free game or whether it was whatever they had spare in the warehouse lol..

So, i guess that it could be considered quite rare then!

kodak80
Atari Super Hero
Atari Super Hero

Postby kodak80 » Mon Mar 14, 2016 9:17 am

The only copies of Raving Mad for Atari that I have seen do not contain the free game. As to how rare it is, I would not know.
Atari Falcon 030 | Atari 1040 STE | Atari 1040 STFM | Atari 1040 STF | Kryoflux & Supercard Pro Flux boards | MiniCosmosEx
Admin of Atari ST Review Magazine Archive: http://www.ataristreview.com

Social Media

Return to “Games - General”