All about ST/STE games

Moderators: simonsunnyboy, Mug UK, Doctor Bob Gordon, ICS, Moderator Team

ClassicGamer88
Atariator
Atariator

Erik You Tube video Long play

Postby ClassicGamer88 » Mon Aug 26, 2013 3:01 pm

Hi Everyone (Hows everyone today?)

I've still been doing some long plays this time I chose to do Erik a platform type game which is quite addictive I thought. There's an issue with the sound in the video but I should have that fixed soon hopefully. It's probably best to have the sound on a low level.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zK-sjHZ7 ... NENqYylj5g

AtariZoll
Fuji Shaped Bastard
Fuji Shaped Bastard

Re: Erik You Tube video Long play

Postby AtariZoll » Tue Aug 27, 2013 6:07 am

It is hard to get good sound quality when recording from emulator - and you did it from Saint, obviously. Much better would be capturing from real Atari (with TV card) .
Famous Schrodinger's cat hypothetical experiment says that cat is dead or alive until we open box and see condition of poor animal, which deserved better logic. Cat is always in some certain state - regardless from is observer able or not to see what the state is.

StickHead
Atari Super Hero
Atari Super Hero

Postby StickHead » Tue Aug 27, 2013 6:13 pm

AtariZoll wrote:It is hard to get good sound quality when recording from emulator - and you did it from Saint, obviously. Much better would be capturing from real Atari (with TV card) .

Is there a TV card you could personally recommend? Doing a search for 'analogue video capture card' is bewildering, to say the least! All of my videos on my channel are recorded via Steem, but I would love to use one of my real STs instead.
The Joy of STicks - YouTube - Blog - Twitter - Facebook
New Developments and old inspirations in Atari ST gaming.

AtariZoll
Fuji Shaped Bastard
Fuji Shaped Bastard

Postby AtariZoll » Wed Aug 28, 2013 8:41 am

I really don't know what is currently on market. Still use my old Pinnacle PCTV, which is very good. It is useless for instance in Windows 7 (no driver, with intention).
And SW for capturing is at least so much important as good card.
Maybe today is best to get some USB capture card. Some known brand is recommended - you will get better HW and much better SW.
Famous Schrodinger's cat hypothetical experiment says that cat is dead or alive until we open box and see condition of poor animal, which deserved better logic. Cat is always in some certain state - regardless from is observer able or not to see what the state is.

Social Media

Return to “Games - General”