All about ST/STE games

Moderators: simonsunnyboy, Mug UK, Doctor Bob Gordon, ICS, Moderator Team

Marcer
Atarilegend
Atarilegend

Re: Never Ported respectively released for ST

Postby Marcer » Sat Oct 15, 2016 9:31 pm

Hi

One strange issue is silmarils. They Went bankrupt a bank took all rights and stuff. How is it possible to get in touch With the person With the stuff. Since im a ishar fan. And was very exhaus of ishar 4 for jaguar. How to trace it?
- Atari ST/FM/E - Mega sTe - Portfolio - Falcon 030 FX 3 in 1 -- Atari 7800/Lynx/Jaguar -
- FTP... Ask for info
- Atari Legend (Games all-a-round)
- Paradize (Chip Music)
- Elite (Atari Softs)
- The Legion (Demos)
- Alive Maggie Team
_/|\_YM-RockerZ_/|\_

lostdragon
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Postby lostdragon » Sun Oct 16, 2016 12:05 am

Marcer wrote:Hi

One strange issue is silmarils. They Went bankrupt a bank took all rights and stuff. How is it possible to get in touch With the person With the stuff. Since im a ishar fan. And was very exhaus of ishar 4 for jaguar. How to trace it?

Cyrill from Simarlis confirmed Jaguar Isham III was complete I believe, but a straight port from Falcon, no enhancements made...

Ishar 4 I thought never got any further than inital concept art..but I've never looked into it in depth as never played any of the series myself..

I would of loved to of seen Simarlis Atari Lynx version of Metal Mutant though.

If the banks took everything, all code etc, it's doubtful coders, artists who worked on games would be able to help, it sadly might be lost forever, so much has gone this way :'(

lostdragon
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Postby lostdragon » Wed Nov 23, 2016 8:53 pm

Paul Shirley, did at least PLAN an Atari ST version of Spindizzy (Electric Dreams) but these were sadly shelved (we did at least get
Spindizzy Worlds on ST)....

Paul was also said to be a big fan of Atari's I, Robot Coin-op...

lostdragon
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Postby lostdragon » Thu Jan 19, 2017 5:12 pm

Ok, this is an ST Format quote, so salt shakers on standby:

They had a quote, said to be from Millenium's Ian Saunter, saying James Pond III:Operation Starfish had been converted to the St. it only took a few months, but as the scrolling wasn't upto scratch, they decided not to release it.

As for Litil Divil, yep, since found interview with 1 of original team, ST version would of clocked in at around 16 disks, ST long dead by time it would of been finished so canned.

lostdragon
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Postby lostdragon » Sun Mar 12, 2017 12:25 am

Regarding Steve Bak/ST Fright Night:

He was interviewed in ST Format magazine, talked openly of Microdeal wanting the AMIGA version 1st and to be as good as possible, so he was doing the game with 32 colour backgrounds, large sprites...100 by 64 pixels, animated at 25 Hz.

He said he didn't fancy an ST conversion, as that would mean a total re-write and he didn't fancy the challange, but hoped Tim Purves in the USA might be willing to convert it to the ST.

Steve did say the ST version was started back in the Summer of 1987.

Social Media

Return to “Games - General”