Xenomorph by Atari Legend

All about ST/STE games

Moderators: simonsunnyboy, Mug UK, Doctor Bob Gordon, ICS, Moderator Team

AtariZoll
Fuji Shaped Bastard
Fuji Shaped Bastard

Re: Xenomorph by Atari Legend

Postby AtariZoll » Tue Sep 23, 2014 7:50 am

This is game which was unknown for me in my early Atari years. I like it's graphic and atmosphere. And it works actually faster than DM, thanx to asm code.
Not so good part is disk related - too much disk swaps, and not enough disk change test :D
In any case, remake would be very nice :angel:
I'm not against GMO, I'm against that children play with fire.

sannaakita
Atarian
Atarian

Postby sannaakita » Wed Sep 24, 2014 7:49 am

Cheers for the feedback :)
The disk swaps were truly awful - and sorry also for the green blob bugs.

When I finish my current projects I'll have to prototype a reworked version ... :)

Stefan jL
Atari God
Atari God

Postby Stefan jL » Sat Oct 04, 2014 3:01 pm

I bought another Xenomorph on ebay... AtariZoll can you tell wich version this is? working/xenomorph_other_disks.7z (SCP)

It seems to been copied to re-used disks, this means "disk B" is doublesided and i presume it has data from previous copy on it? I am not sure the disk are 100% working but i can play it at beginning on my ST and converting to STX worked and playd in Steem.
I removed the label and it has been a Hit Squad game and also a Shapes and Colours (twice.. once for Amiga ond once for Atari ST)... or maybe they first used the disk to practice printing on it :mrgreen:

The Program disk used to be Captain Blood... i never seen that CB label before though:

Mug UK
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Mug UK » Sat Oct 04, 2014 3:08 pm

The past life of disks :-)

Sent by my Note III
My main site: http://www.mug-uk.co.uk - slowly digging up the bits from my past (and re-working a few): Atari ST, Sega 8-bit (game hacks) and NDS (Music ripping guide).

I develop a free Word (for Windows) add-in that's available for Word 2007 upwards. It's a fix-it toolbox that will allow power Word users to fix document errors. You can find it at: http://www.mikestoolbox.co.uk

Methanoid
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Postby Methanoid » Tue Oct 18, 2016 2:20 pm

Anyone able to repack PPera's files to a FDD (820k)? He has the 1.4 Xenomorph with no disk checks etc but it needs a HDD. If re-packed it might be played from FDD on an ST with Gotek drive!?!?

AtariZoll
Fuji Shaped Bastard
Fuji Shaped Bastard

Postby AtariZoll » Tue Oct 18, 2016 2:50 pm

I made floppy version years ago:
http://atari.8bitchip.info/ASTGA/X/xenomorf.php
I feel sooooo nefarious :mrgreen:

calimero
Atari God
Atari God

Postby calimero » Tue Oct 18, 2016 5:20 pm

^
:D :D :D

btw what happened with Terry Greer possible remake?

I also miss this game back in 90s...
using Atari since 1986.http://wet.atari.orghttp://milan.kovac.cc/atari/software/ ・ Atari Falcon030/CT63/SV ・ Atari STe ・ Atari Mega4/MegaFile30/SM124 ・ Amiga 1200/PPC ・ Amiga 500 ・ C64 ・ ZX Spectrum ・ RPi ・ MagiC! ・ MiNT 1.18 ・ OS X

AtariZoll
Fuji Shaped Bastard
Fuji Shaped Bastard

Postby AtariZoll » Wed Oct 19, 2016 12:46 pm

Stefan jL wrote:I bought another Xenomorph on ebay... AtariZoll can you tell wich version this is? working/xenomorph_other_disks.7z (SCP)
It seems to been copied to re-used disks, this means "disk B" is doublesided and i presume it has data from previous copy on it? I am not sure the disk are 100% working but i can play it at beginning on my ST and converting to STX worked and playd in Steem.
I removed the label and it has been a Hit Squad game and also a Shapes and Colours (twice.. once for Amiga ond once for Atari ST)... or maybe they first used the disk to practice printing on it :mrgreen:
The Program disk used to be Captain Blood... i never seen that CB label before though:
---

I missed this post then. Checked it now. It is Version 1.4 and is OK. Compared with mine files and matches.
Indeed reused disks. There is some French txt. on Side B of program disk for instance.

Social Media

Return to “Games - General”