Xenomorph by Atari Legend

All about ST/STE games

Moderators: simonsunnyboy, Mug UK, Doctor Bob Gordon, ICS, Moderator Team

AtariZoll
Fuji Shaped Bastard
Fuji Shaped Bastard

Re: Xenomorph by Atari Legend

Postby AtariZoll » Tue Sep 23, 2014 7:50 am

This is game which was unknown for me in my early Atari years. I like it's graphic and atmosphere. And it works actually faster than DM, thanx to asm code.
Not so good part is disk related - too much disk swaps, and not enough disk change test :D
In any case, remake would be very nice :angel:
Famous Schrodinger's cat hypothetical experiment says that cat is dead or alive until we open box and see condition of poor animal, which deserved better logic. Cat is always in some certain state - regardless from is observer able or not to see what the state is.

sannaakita
Atarian
Atarian

Postby sannaakita » Wed Sep 24, 2014 7:49 am

Cheers for the feedback :)
The disk swaps were truly awful - and sorry also for the green blob bugs.

When I finish my current projects I'll have to prototype a reworked version ... :)

Stefan jL
Atari God
Atari God

Postby Stefan jL » Sat Oct 04, 2014 3:01 pm

I bought another Xenomorph on ebay... AtariZoll can you tell wich version this is? working/xenomorph_other_disks.7z (SCP)

It seems to been copied to re-used disks, this means "disk B" is doublesided and i presume it has data from previous copy on it? I am not sure the disk are 100% working but i can play it at beginning on my ST and converting to STX worked and playd in Steem.
I removed the label and it has been a Hit Squad game and also a Shapes and Colours (twice.. once for Amiga ond once for Atari ST)... or maybe they first used the disk to practice printing on it :mrgreen:

The Program disk used to be Captain Blood... i never seen that CB label before though:

Mug UK
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Mug UK » Sat Oct 04, 2014 3:08 pm

The past life of disks :-)

Sent by my Note III
My main site: http://www.mug-uk.co.uk - slowly digging up the bits from my past (and re-working a few): Atari ST, Sega 8-bit (game hacks) and NDS (Music ripping guide).

I develop a free Word (for Windows) add-in that's available for Word 2007 upwards. It's a fix-it toolbox that will allow power Word users to fix document errors. You can find it at: http://www.mikestoolbox.co.uk

Methanoid
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Postby Methanoid » Tue Oct 18, 2016 2:20 pm

Anyone able to repack PPera's files to a FDD (820k)? He has the 1.4 Xenomorph with no disk checks etc but it needs a HDD. If re-packed it might be played from FDD on an ST with Gotek drive!?!?

AtariZoll
Fuji Shaped Bastard
Fuji Shaped Bastard

Postby AtariZoll » Tue Oct 18, 2016 2:50 pm

I made floppy version years ago:
http://atari.8bitchip.info/ASTGA/X/xenomorf.php
I feel sooooo nefarious :mrgreen:
Famous Schrodinger's cat hypothetical experiment says that cat is dead or alive until we open box and see condition of poor animal, which deserved better logic. Cat is always in some certain state - regardless from is observer able or not to see what the state is.

calimero
Fuji Shaped Bastard
Fuji Shaped Bastard

Postby calimero » Tue Oct 18, 2016 5:20 pm

^
:D :D :D

btw what happened with Terry Greer possible remake?

I also miss this game back in 90s...
using Atari since 1986.http://wet.atari.orghttp://milan.kovac.cc/atari/software/ ・ Atari Falcon030/CT63/SV ・ Atari STe ・ Atari Mega4/MegaFile30/SM124 ・ Amiga 1200/PPC ・ Amiga 500 ・ C64 ・ ZX Spectrum ・ RPi ・ MagiC! ・ MiNT 1.18 ・ OS X

AtariZoll
Fuji Shaped Bastard
Fuji Shaped Bastard

Postby AtariZoll » Wed Oct 19, 2016 12:46 pm

Stefan jL wrote:I bought another Xenomorph on ebay... AtariZoll can you tell wich version this is? working/xenomorph_other_disks.7z (SCP)
It seems to been copied to re-used disks, this means "disk B" is doublesided and i presume it has data from previous copy on it? I am not sure the disk are 100% working but i can play it at beginning on my ST and converting to STX worked and playd in Steem.
I removed the label and it has been a Hit Squad game and also a Shapes and Colours (twice.. once for Amiga ond once for Atari ST)... or maybe they first used the disk to practice printing on it :mrgreen:
The Program disk used to be Captain Blood... i never seen that CB label before though:
---

I missed this post then. Checked it now. It is Version 1.4 and is OK. Compared with mine files and matches.
Indeed reused disks. There is some French txt. on Side B of program disk for instance.

Social Media

Return to “Games - General”