All about ST/STE games

Moderators: simonsunnyboy, Mug UK, Doctor Bob Gordon, ICS, Moderator Team

AtariZoll
Fuji Shaped Bastard
Fuji Shaped Bastard

Swiftar - fixed, trainer opt.

Postby AtariZoll » Tue Nov 07, 2017 8:08 pm

Swiftar by Accustar

Pretty much unknown game, probably with reason. Atari game databases show only demo version of game. I got image of full game at Atari Forum, thanx to Brume.
And problems just continued - I say it because there was problem with Automation release of demo version - they were not aware that it is just demo (or just decided to not mention it). Then it works not. Why ? Because they forgot to test it after packing main exec. of game. It just works not because expects address registers a0-a4 to be 0 at start. Rare case, but that's why tests are needed.
Demo works with higher TOS versions too - complete and good one is on ST Vision 398.

Full version is available on Revolution crew release. And it seems that it is older version than demo, because works only with TOS 1.00 . Joystick reading code is poor. But there are other problems - like some bad code at reading of file sprite.pc1 - don't know is it in original too, or gone corrupted at cracker. I fixed it because was obvious what must go there. Fixed joystick read for all TOS versions. And of course added trainer.

Played first 2 levels little. Hopefully there will be no more errors. But will be sure when (someone) finishes game - it has final goal, as I see.

Requirements: Atari ST(E). 512KB RAM. Floppy drive or emulator. Hard disk version comes tomorrow. It is done, just need testing yet.

SWIFTARF.ZIP
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Negative feedback has usually positive effect.

crashman
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Re: Swiftar - fixed, trainer opt.

Postby crashman » Tue Nov 07, 2017 9:15 pm

Thanks!!!
260ST, 520ST, 520ST+, 520STFM, 1040STE, 4160STE, STACY 2, MEGA ST2, MEGA ST4, MEGA STE, TT030, FALCON030, FALCON030 with Centurbo 2rB, Firebee
SH204, Megafile 30, Megafile 60, Megafile 44
SM124, SM125, SM146, SC1224, SC1435
Satandisk, Ultrasatan, HxC SD, Hxc SD Slim, NetUSBee, CosmosEX, Gotek HxC, MicroCosmos
2600VCS, LYNX, LYNX II, JAGUAR

Showaddywaddy
Atari Super Hero
Atari Super Hero

Postby Showaddywaddy » Tue Nov 07, 2017 11:45 pm

So you’re not aware of v2 of swiftar released 10 years ago ?

AtariZoll
Fuji Shaped Bastard
Fuji Shaped Bastard

Postby AtariZoll » Wed Nov 08, 2017 8:07 am

Showaddywaddy wrote:So you’re not aware of v2 of swiftar released 10 years ago ?

I did search here in forum and googled around. Only found announcement that it will be corrected (more than 10 years ago) . So excuse me for not finding something not visible. And I think that instead some critic tone you should post link to it ...

AtariZoll
Fuji Shaped Bastard
Fuji Shaped Bastard

Postby AtariZoll » Wed Nov 08, 2017 11:38 am

Hard disk v. , YouTube video: http://atari.8bitchip.info/SCRSH/swiftar.html

Estrayk
Obsessive compulsive Atari behavior
Obsessive compulsive Atari behavior

Postby Estrayk » Wed Nov 08, 2017 5:48 pm

Thank you Peter!
・Falcon 030+FPU 14mb CosmosEX・Atari MegaSTE 4Mb CosmosEX・Atari STe 4Mb GotekHxC+Satan・Amiga A600 Vampire V2・Amiga A1200 030/50・MIST・

AtariZoll
Fuji Shaped Bastard
Fuji Shaped Bastard

Postby AtariZoll » Tue Nov 14, 2017 6:14 pm

Because game is very hard I did some changes/improvements :
Hard disk v. : http://atari.8bitchip.info/SCRSH/swiftar.html
Floppy v. : http://atari.8bitchip.info/ASTGA/S/swiftar.php
There are DLs for org. and impr. versions. It's probably better to not play both in close intervals - need to get used on different ship speed.

Game is very hard even on easy setting. Partially because ship movement is slow. So I made it 2x faster. With it is easier to evade enemy fire and other things. May be little harder on Wave 6, but is possible to pass well.

There is level skip key - s (S) . Press it, and it will jump to level (wave) end. If there is some enemy or missile on screen you need to hit it to proceed. Be aware that it is only for easy access to later Waves and see, practice them, you can not finish game this way.

You need to collect all 10 crystals to finish game. If not, will be warped to levels where did not collect it. Stays for normal play, without level skips.

I fixed some bugs, but there is one still present: when finish game, starting play again works, but screen on Wave 1 is messed up. Really no point to bother with fixing it, just reset Atari if want to play again.

Social Media

Return to “Games - General”