E-mail address not accepted

News, updates, like or dislike

Moderators: Mug UK, Silver Surfer, Moderator Team

Foxie
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

E-mail address not accepted

Postby Foxie » Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:46 pm

I suppose it's about time I fixed this! I can't put either of my real e-mail addresses into my account settings, because the forum script screams "Spammers domain!". It's absurd. Neither of my e-mail accounts are that unusual, and one of them is with Yahoo. Can't get much more mainstream than that!

I can't fathom what kind of e-mail address it's looking for. Nobody uses ISP provided e-mail any more, so what's it expecting people to use? Their own domains, I wonder? I wouldn't know where to begin these days with setting up a mail server of my own.

spiny
Disk Imager Supreme
Disk Imager Supreme

Re: E-mail address not accepted

Postby spiny » Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:18 pm

we get a -ton- of spam here, so the major free webmails are blocked. let me know your email address and i'll manually update your account :)

as for getting your own, it's easy, just register a domain and use the registras options to forward all mail to a gmail/yahoo/whatever address. That way you have an email address for life. if yahoo ever stop providing email, you can repoint your domain to somewhere else, and you don't need to tell anyone your new address.

I've had my spiny.org domain for about 20 years now I think, been through loads of email providers, but never had to change my email address :)

Social Media

Return to “Website Discussions”