Would a dedicated Atari Sequencer forum benefit A-F?

News, updates, like or dislike

Moderators: Mug UK, Silver Surfer, Moderator Team

kola
Obsessive compulsive Atari behavior

Would a dedicated Atari Sequencer forum benefit A-F?

Postby kola » Sat Aug 29, 2015 9:34 am

Hey guys, 8)

Any chance we could have a specific Atari music forum. Im not talking about chip tunes I'm talking about sequencers like the legendary Cubase, Notator etc etc.

The importance of these sequencers cannot be over stated. If you switch on the latest 2014 version of Ableton Live it used the exact same Cubase Atari style sequencing decades later!!

Many people to this day stroll onto this very forum to see what all the fuss is about or how it all started and their predominantly bedroom musicians as opposed retro gamers and such.

Also there are many many threads on here re Cubase and other sequencers but people never know where to post and it makes it very hard to read through them. People seems to post in either App, Professional, General and other categories. How Id love to find them all in the same sub forum. Would make giving receiving advice much easier.

I personally feel a sub forum dedicated to music sequencers would be a nice attrition to the already excellent Atari-Forum.

What do others think? I have attached a poll for a bit of market research. :megaphone:

:angel:
Last edited by kola on Sat Aug 29, 2015 10:39 am, edited 2 times in total.
Highly experimental music for space robots! All made on an ST with not a damned PC in site - yeeeey

Dal
Administrator
Administrator

Re: VOTE / POLL - Would a dedicated Atari Sequencer forum benefit A-F?

Postby Dal » Sat Aug 29, 2015 10:11 am

There is already the excellent forum at Atari Music Network that covers all aspects of digital music from chip tunes through to the various Atari sequencers:
http://www.atarimusic.net/forum/

That said, I think it makes sense to create a Sequencers forum under the Music section - it is an overwhelming oversight now you mention it. It won't be as granular as the forum on AMN, but at least it's somewhere to tip all the sequencer based threads into.

I don't think a poll is necessary, this is probably something we should have done a long time ago.
FireBee, Falcon -Soundpool case: CT63@95Mhz + 14MB/512MB + 16GB SSD + FPU + Phantom 25/50 + SuperVidel + SoundPool FDI + FA8 + ADAT + Eiffel, TT030: 4MB/16MB + Crazy Dots, Mega"SST" 12, STbook, STacy 2, MegaSTE, STE: Desktopper case, IDE interface, UltraSatan (8GB + 512Mb) + HXC floppy emulator. Plus some STE's/STFM's

kola

Re: VOTE / POLL - Would a dedicated Atari Sequencer forum benefit A-F?

Postby kola » Sat Aug 29, 2015 10:38 am

Hello Dal.

The poll was more for market research. Sometimes I think something is a decent idea and the rest of the world not. I believe in democracy so like to get others views as oppose just assume I'm correct from the offset. But if your happy to implement the sub forum then the poll is meaningless.

Thanks for listening. Refreshing! (Not on here, just in life in general)

PS - Tried to delete Poll. Like the terminator its unstoppable ha. Can you do it with your super powers :)
Highly experimental music for space robots! All made on an ST with not a damned PC in site - yeeeey

Dal
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Would a dedicated Atari Sequencer forum benefit A-F?

Postby Dal » Sat Aug 29, 2015 10:55 am

Poll... Gone!
FireBee, Falcon -Soundpool case: CT63@95Mhz + 14MB/512MB + 16GB SSD + FPU + Phantom 25/50 + SuperVidel + SoundPool FDI + FA8 + ADAT + Eiffel, TT030: 4MB/16MB + Crazy Dots, Mega"SST" 12, STbook, STacy 2, MegaSTE, STE: Desktopper case, IDE interface, UltraSatan (8GB + 512Mb) + HXC floppy emulator. Plus some STE's/STFM's

Dal
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Dal » Sat Aug 29, 2015 11:37 am

New forum created:
viewforum.php?f=111

I started moving Cubase-related topics (I'll move on to other searches after). However I have to halt this work for the time being as I've come across a minor bug in phpbb which makes the process of trawling through search results even more laborious than it should be (The "jump to page" function isn't working). The fix for this bug is due in the next release of phpbb, so I'll hold off moving any more posts until that release is implemented.

In the meantime, there is somewhere for new MIDI related posts to go.

kola

Postby kola » Sat Aug 29, 2015 12:33 pm

Yes, seen and noted and I even got the first post on there ha :)

Thanks mate. I believe this will make the forum even better as many of us (myself included) hit the Atari from a music making perspective.

:thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

Social Media

Return to “Website Discussions”