News, updates, like or dislike

Moderators: Mug UK, Silver Surfer, Moderator Team

Cyprian
Atari God
Atari God

active_topics / newposts / feed issue

Postby Cyprian » Sun Aug 31, 2014 6:58 pm

Hi All,
below you can find a screenshot with two pages, search.php?search_id=active_topics on the left and search.php?search_id=newposts on the right side open at the same time.

On the active_topics page there is no some topics from newposts, e.g. "LZ4 decoder (assembler)" or "Invalid addressing modes, assembler problems .."
Is it ok?
Similar difference is between feed.php and feed.php?mode=topics_active

Another one remark is that "Smartfeed" link from the top and right side of AF points to non-existent page smartfeed_url.php

Jaugar / TT030 / Mega STe / 800 XL / 1040 STe / Falcon030 / 65 XE / 520 STm / SM124 / SC1435
SDrive / PAK68/3 / CosmosEx / SatanDisk / UltraSatan / USB Floppy Drive Emulator / Eiffel / SIO2PC / Crazy Dots / PAM Net
Hatari / Aranym / Steem / Saint
http://260ste.appspot.com/

Dal
Administrator
Administrator

Re: active_topics / newposts / feed issue

Postby Dal » Sun Aug 31, 2014 7:34 pm

Never really understood what constitutes an 'active' topic myself so I never use this for looking at posts. I rely on unread posts which shows me all the topics where there are posts I have not read. I also sometimes use the recent posts list on the front page.

Outside of this if I'm looking for anything specific, I find google more functional than phpbb's search facility - note you can force google to search for content on a specific site by starting your search with "site:www.some-site.whatever"

For example:

Code: Select all

site:www.atari-forum.com Falcon NeoGeo emulator

The smart feed mod needs re-applying. It broke a couple of phpbb patches ago... But nobody seems to have missed it. Sorry! :oops:
FireBee, Falcon -Soundpool case: CT63@95Mhz + 14MB/512MB + 16GB SSD + FPU + Phantom 25/50 + SuperVidel + SoundPool FDI + FA8 + ADAT + Eiffel, TT030: 4MB/16MB + Crazy Dots, Mega"SST" 12, STbook, STacy 2, MegaSTE, STE: Desktopper case, IDE interface, UltraSatan (8GB + 512Mb) + HXC floppy emulator. Plus some STE's/STFM's

Cyprian
Atari God
Atari God

Postby Cyprian » Tue Sep 02, 2014 1:22 pm

Dal wrote:Never really understood what constitutes an 'active' topic myself so I never use this for looking at posts. I rely on unread posts which shows me all the topics where there are posts I have not read. I also sometimes use the recent posts list on the front page.

I use an 'active' topic when I have no access to my laptop. E.g. I'm away from home, when I'm travel.
Jaugar / TT030 / Mega STe / 800 XL / 1040 STe / Falcon030 / 65 XE / 520 STm / SM124 / SC1435
SDrive / PAK68/3 / CosmosEx / SatanDisk / UltraSatan / USB Floppy Drive Emulator / Eiffel / SIO2PC / Crazy Dots / PAM Net
Hatari / Aranym / Steem / Saint
http://260ste.appspot.com/

wietze
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Postby wietze » Wed Sep 10, 2014 6:15 am

Could we get the feature of active topics back? It seems it was lost during the fault investigation.

Dal
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Dal » Fri Feb 06, 2015 5:01 pm

I now know why some posts aren't appearing in the Active topics search. It's to do with the configuration of some forums in the Admin console. As we are still in the process of working on the new release of the forum, I will add this as a task to perform during the migration.
FireBee, Falcon -Soundpool case: CT63@95Mhz + 14MB/512MB + 16GB SSD + FPU + Phantom 25/50 + SuperVidel + SoundPool FDI + FA8 + ADAT + Eiffel, TT030: 4MB/16MB + Crazy Dots, Mega"SST" 12, STbook, STacy 2, MegaSTE, STE: Desktopper case, IDE interface, UltraSatan (8GB + 512Mb) + HXC floppy emulator. Plus some STE's/STFM's

christos
Fuji Shaped Bastard
Fuji Shaped Bastard

Postby christos » Fri Feb 06, 2015 5:20 pm

While we are at it, can you enable active topics for non logged in users? When I am on a shared computer I don't always want to login to see what's new.
Felix qui potuit rerum cognoscere causas.
My Atari blog

STOT Email address: stot(NoSPAM)atari(DOT)org

Dal
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Dal » Fri Feb 06, 2015 5:29 pm

christos wrote:While we are at it, can you enable active topics for non logged in users? When I am on a shared computer I don't always want to login to see what's new.

This is the funny thing, I never actually disabled it, it stopped working after a phpBB release which lead me to assume it was a change made by the phpBB developers possibly to prevent bot leaching or something (I'll be honest, it never found its way to the top of my To-Do list).

The good news is that I just tried it on the test forum and Active topics can be used by non-logged in users again.

AnthonyJ
Atari nerd
Atari nerd

Postby AnthonyJ » Mon Mar 02, 2015 8:45 am

Dal wrote:I now know why some posts aren't appearing in the Active topics search. It's to do with the configuration of some forums in the Admin console. As we are still in the process of working on the new release of the forum, I will add this as a task to perform during the migration.

FYI, it seems like at least the Coding/680x0 forum is still configured not to show in Active Topics - neither the Bad Mood or Quake 2 threads ever show up under "active".

Dal
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Dal » Mon Mar 02, 2015 9:39 am

That's because I've been a bad admin and not fixed it yet.

Social Media

Return to “Website Discussions”