News, updates, like or dislike

Moderators: Mug UK, Silver Surfer, Moderator Team

dhedberg
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

PM and groups.

Postby dhedberg » Wed Jan 22, 2014 9:01 pm

Hi,

When composing a PM you can select groups(?). I can choose from GBST Team, Hatari Development Team, and PM Only. By default none of them are selected. What is this? What happens if I select no group? What if I do?

I can't figure out the purpose of it. I thought a PM was a private message, and nothing else?
Daniel, New Beat - http://newbeat.atari.org - ACE Tracker v2.0 is out - get it from our web site!

Dal
Administrator
Administrator

Re: PM and groups.

Postby Dal » Thu Jan 23, 2014 8:46 am

They are distribution groups. If you send a pm to one of those, you are sending a pm to any user who has been associated with that group.

Groups are managed by board admins.
FireBee, Falcon -Soundpool case: CT63@95Mhz + 14MB/512MB + 16GB SSD + FPU + Phantom 25/50 + SuperVidel + SoundPool FDI + FA8 + ADAT + Eiffel, TT030: 4MB/16MB + Crazy Dots, Mega"SST" 12, STbook, STacy 2, MegaSTE, STE: Desktopper case, IDE interface, UltraSatan (8GB + 512Mb) + HXC floppy emulator. Plus some STE's/STFM's

dhedberg
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Postby dhedberg » Thu Jan 23, 2014 6:43 pm

Alright, so is there any difference between sending a PM with no selected group, and sending a PM with the "PM Only" group selected?
Daniel, New Beat - http://newbeat.atari.org - ACE Tracker v2.0 is out - get it from our web site!

Dal
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Dal » Thu Jan 23, 2014 7:02 pm

hmmm well this isn't something I set up, but Ive just looked at the Admin screen and I can see that the PM Only group has no members associated to it. So I guess in answer to your question, clicking the 'pm only' group has the same effect as not clicking it - no additional users will receive your PM. If you select one of the other groups then you message will be received by any member of the group you selected plus whoever you put in the normal 'To' box in the top left.

Personally, I've never used the groups, I just enter the member/members I wish to message in the box at the top left.
FireBee, Falcon -Soundpool case: CT63@95Mhz + 14MB/512MB + 16GB SSD + FPU + Phantom 25/50 + SuperVidel + SoundPool FDI + FA8 + ADAT + Eiffel, TT030: 4MB/16MB + Crazy Dots, Mega"SST" 12, STbook, STacy 2, MegaSTE, STE: Desktopper case, IDE interface, UltraSatan (8GB + 512Mb) + HXC floppy emulator. Plus some STE's/STFM's

dhedberg
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Postby dhedberg » Thu Jan 23, 2014 7:33 pm

OK. Thanks for the clarifications! :)

Social Media

Return to “Website Discussions”