Missing TOS ROMs?

News, updates, like or dislike

Moderators: Mug UK, Silver Surfer, Moderator Team

DarkLord
Fuji Shaped Bastard
Fuji Shaped Bastard

Re: Missing TOS ROMs?

Postby DarkLord » Fri Feb 19, 2016 4:57 am

I did not know the ST Book had STe specs. Just thought it was a smaller, lighter STacy.

Learn something new everyday. :)
Welcome To DarkForce! http://www.darkforce.org "The Fuji Lives.!"
Atari SW/HW based BBS - Telnet:darkforce-bbs.dyndns.org 520

SteveBagley
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Postby SteveBagley » Fri Feb 19, 2016 8:54 am

DarkLord wrote:I did not know the ST Book had STe specs. Just thought it was a smaller, lighter STacy.

It's a hybrid. It has the STe Combo MCU chip -- so has the STe blitter,MMU and GLUE -- but as it only has SHADOW for video output it only has the equivalent functionality of the STs video chip (so no hard scroll horizontally, although the linewid and vertical scroll should work) and no DMA audio. The STe joystick ports are there, but used to handle some of the power management if my reading of the schematic is correct.

Steve

avtandil
Obsessive compulsive Atari behavior

Postby avtandil » Fri Feb 19, 2016 2:38 pm

SteveBagley wrote:It probably also needs to be an STe machines --the ST Book was an STE (without the GST Shifter chip -- which means it can't do fine h-scroll or DMA audio).

Steve

With forced STe mode it gives me 4 bombs :-)

Could you please try again on your PC and if successfully, please advise all settings which give you success attempt.

SteveBagley
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Postby SteveBagley » Sat Feb 20, 2016 1:16 am

avtandil wrote:
SteveBagley wrote:It probably also needs to be an STe machines --the ST Book was an STE (without the GST Shifter chip -- which means it can't do fine h-scroll or DMA audio).

Steve

Could you please try again on your PC and if successfully, please advise all settings which give you success attempt.

That's almost certainly because you don't have a valid IDE HD image present -- TOS 2.08 does that on real hardware iirc. It sounds like you got it working and you just need to prepare a valid HDD image :)

Steve

avtandil

Postby avtandil » Sat Feb 20, 2016 10:09 am

SteveBagley wrote:
avtandil wrote:

Steve

That's almost certainly because you don't have a valid IDE HD image present -- TOS 2.08 does that on real hardware iirc. It sounds like you got it working and you just need to prepare a valid HDD image :)

Steve

Could you please send me one image like this, which wil be suitable for Hatari ?

Social Media

Return to “Website Discussions”