i've done some work recently to simplify building the MagicMacX sources as published by Andreas Kromke, including needed changes to actually create a working kernel both for MagicMacX.OS (the one that is used by AtariX) and a "normal" Atari ST version (magic.ram). Major changes include:
- Restructuring of most directories, to keep pathnames short
(Pure-C does not like too long pathnames very much)
- Converting source files to CR/LF line endings, where that was not already
the case (again, mainly for Pure-C)
- Converting UTF-8 input to ASCII. German umlauts in comments
are converted to ae, ue etc, while characters in messages were
converted to their hexadecimal equivalents. This was needed to be
able to compile the sources just after checking out, without having
to convert them every time.
- Disassembling of mxvdiknl.o into source file. In the meantime, the
original source was uploaded to the upstream archive, but the version
there is slightly different than the object, and does not work with the
- Sources for some CPX control modules were added
- Some constants were moved to separate files, and included where needed.
This was mainly done because some EQUs that were exported could not be
linked to elsewhere.
- Sources for PDLG.SLB were added.
- Sources to build WDIALOG.PRG were added.
- Sources for CHGRES.PRG were added.
- Sources for the CD filesystem library were added, so spinmagc.xfs can now be completely build.
- binary files that can be rebuild were removed.
- Some bug fixes. Notably a few fixes to the FAT32 code, which caused problems when the same image was also used by MiNT. Take a look at the commit history.
- Automated builds are now generated using travis, and deployed to https://bintray.com/th-otto/magicmac-fi ... sion#files
The sources are available at https://github.com/th-otto/MagicMac.