Thunder Storm IDE/Fastram Interface for Atari TT

Latest news in the Atari world

Moderators: Mug UK, Silver Surfer, Moderator Team

alienkidmj12
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Re: Thunder Storm IDE/Fastram Interface for Atari TT

Postby alienkidmj12 » Tue Aug 07, 2018 12:16 pm

Who sells/makes these? I bought lightening from ingo 1 month ago and still waiting for it hmm

tuxie
Atari nerd
Atari nerd

Postby tuxie » Tue Aug 07, 2018 4:06 pm

@alienkidmj12 , who i already wrote to you using Facebook Messanger, i send out the card and i will send you the trackingnumber but at the moment i am not at home because as i said i moved to other city (300km away) and at the moment i am in my old home todo something there. When i am back then i will send you the trackingnumber.

leech
Atari God
Atari God

Postby leech » Tue Aug 07, 2018 4:46 pm

tuxie wrote:@alienkidmj12 , who i already wrote to you using Facebook Messanger, i send out the card and i will send you the trackingnumber but at the moment i am not at home because as i said i moved to other city (300km away) and at the moment i am in my old home todo something there. When i am back then i will send you the trackingnumber.

Not sure where alienkidmj12 lives, but I got mine in less than a week it seems! Still wondering if I should order a second Lightning for my Mega STe I probably will, but money is a bit tight at the moment.

It works great in the TT030!
Atari 8Bits: 800xl, 600xl, XEGS, 800, 130xe, 130xe (VBXE, U1MB, Stereo POKEY)
Atari STs: 1040STf (broken shifter), 1040STe, Mega STe, TT030, Falcon (CT60e, SuperVidel)

susher
Atari freak
Atari freak

Postby susher » Wed Aug 08, 2018 9:12 pm

I would be interested in the Lightning but as far as I can tell it doesn't fit with the Atari FastRAM board in place. Oh well. It's a pity I missed out on the Storm as I've just acquired a couple of 32MB EDO sticks from a friend.

leech
Atari God
Atari God

Postby leech » Wed Aug 08, 2018 10:27 pm

susher wrote:I would be interested in the Lightning but as far as I can tell it doesn't fit with the Atari FastRAM board in place. Oh well. It's a pity I missed out on the Storm as I've just acquired a couple of 32MB EDO sticks from a friend.

I just took my Atari FastRAM card out of the box and looked, that thing is hige compared to the Storm.

I would recommend ordering both the Storm and Lightning. Pretty sure they are still making the Thunder/Storm, right?
Atari 8Bits: 800xl, 600xl, XEGS, 800, 130xe, 130xe (VBXE, U1MB, Stereo POKEY)
Atari STs: 1040STf (broken shifter), 1040STe, Mega STe, TT030, Falcon (CT60e, SuperVidel)

susher
Atari freak
Atari freak

Postby susher » Fri Aug 10, 2018 5:00 pm

leech wrote:
susher wrote:I would be interested in the Lightning but as far as I can tell it doesn't fit with the Atari FastRAM board in place. Oh well. It's a pity I missed out on the Storm as I've just acquired a couple of 32MB EDO sticks from a friend.

I just took my Atari FastRAM card out of the box and looked, that thing is hige compared to the Storm.

I would recommend ordering both the Storm and Lightning. Pretty sure they are still making the Thunder/Storm, right?

No, they had the last batch last year so as to concentrate upon the Lightning.

czietz
Hardware Guru
Hardware Guru

Postby czietz » Fri Aug 10, 2018 5:13 pm

susher wrote:No, they had the last batch last year so as to concentrate upon the Lightning.

This is not true. If enough people order via thunderstorm (at) tuxie (dot) de, new Storm and Thunder will be made -- as soon as Matthias has time.

czietz
Hardware Guru
Hardware Guru

Postby czietz » Wed Aug 22, 2018 6:51 pm

I just learned from Matthias that he's now busy producing a new batch of Storm fast-RAM cards. Your chance to order one?

susher
Atari freak
Atari freak

Postby susher » Wed Aug 22, 2018 9:52 pm

czietz wrote:I just learned from Matthias that he's now busy producing a new batch of Storm fast-RAM cards. Your chance to order one?

I sent him an e-mail last week.

Social Media

Return to “News & Announcements”