Please help finding new name for FreeMiNT on github

Latest news in the Atari world

Moderators: Mug UK, Silver Surfer, Moderator Team

mikro
Atari God
Atari God

Please help finding new name for FreeMiNT on github

Postby mikro » Mon Jan 16, 2017 10:55 pm

FreeMiNT (and affiliated projects -- mintlib, gemlib etc) is moving to github! Please help finding an appropriate name you'd feel comfortable using when accessing github. Everything is explained here: https://goo.gl/forms/AiYDuNvJdozl8kqu2

No need to be a FreeMiNT developer or contributor, being a FreeMiNT user is enough.

mikro
Atari God
Atari God

Re: Please help finding new name for FreeMiNT on github

Postby mikro » Tue Jan 17, 2017 11:55 am

OK gentlemen, it's time for grand finale! I must thank all of you who participated, now we have source of good names for at least three new mint-related projects. ;-)

The clear winner with over 35% votes is ... FreeMiNT-OS. Followed by SpareMiNT, FreeMiNT-Project and FreeMiNT-m68k. Other suggestions contain "MiNT-OS" (pretty good one I must say), "Not using github at all.", "if it's not available, don't move!!!" & "Do not move if the proper name is taken!!!" (yep, two strong opinions like that ;)), "beeMiNT" (also a nice one, was that you Philippe? ;)) and "Fm68k".

So what do we do? We place our repositories in github.com/freemint because I convinced the original owner to give it up for us. ;) In return, I promised him to clearly state our eternal thanks on the forthcoming website, attributed to "Johann-Tobias Schäg". So here it is, I'm making a public promise to keep my word.

In the following days I'll move & setup everything. I might even release my highly experimental git binary for both m68k & coldfire.

jvas
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Re: Please help finding new name for FreeMiNT on github

Postby jvas » Wed Jan 18, 2017 12:49 pm

"beeMiNT" was me :)

Social Media

Return to “News & Announcements”