*** R-TYPE DELUXE ***

Latest news in the Atari world

Moderators: Mug UK, Silver Surfer, Moderator Team

bod/STAX
Atari Super Hero
Atari Super Hero

*** R-TYPE DELUXE ***

Postby bod/STAX » Sun Feb 07, 2016 1:22 pm

I've just been asked if I'm going to release the source code to R-Type Deluxe and while the thought had never entered my head it has got me thinking. What if I was to image up all the disks and release the code within the next few weeks? Why? Well as it's almost finished why not make this an entire scene project where we can make the absolute ultimate ST version? As we have some great coders you can see things from a different point of view and make better, faster code than I have. I'll obviously help out with the code as it stands and all I ask is that you send me personal updates (source and .prg) so I can see how things are going and when were all happy with the final result release it and BANG! show those Amiga people just what and ST can really do. Think of it as a modern day Wings of Death. Post your thoughts here over the next few days.
So let it be written, So let it be done. I'm sent here by the chosen one.

FedePede04
Atari God
Atari God

Re: *** R-TYPE DELUXE ***

Postby FedePede04 » Sun Feb 07, 2016 2:00 pm

i think that it is a super ide, and i also think that it is very generous of you,
sharing all your hard work with the community.

i will probably not join in optimize the program, since that i'm an good enough.
but again great idea :)
Atari will rule the world, long after man has disappeared

sometime my English is a little weird, Google translate is my best friend :)

EvilFranky
Atari Super Hero
Atari Super Hero

Postby EvilFranky » Sun Feb 07, 2016 2:23 pm

Great idea bod.

Frank B
Atari God
Atari God

Postby Frank B » Sun Feb 07, 2016 2:45 pm

Nice. :)

AtariZoll
Fuji Shaped Bastard
Fuji Shaped Bastard

Postby AtariZoll » Sun Feb 07, 2016 3:36 pm

Hmm - ST version with fine scroll - is that what you mean bod/STAX ? It is possible for sure with little more RAM, but needs most likely rework of graphic - tiles in first place.
In any case, this is nice idea to publish sources - who knows who will get inspired to spend lot of time on it.
Famous Schrodinger's cat hypothetical experiment says that cat is dead or alive until we open box and see condition of poor animal, which deserved better logic. Cat is always in some certain state - regardless from is observer able or not to see what the state is.

Social Media

Return to “News & Announcements”