BeGEMeD, a Bejeweled / Diamond mine clone for the Atari.

Latest news in the Atari world

Moderators: Mug UK, Silver Surfer, Moderator Team

Cyprian
Atari God
Atari God

Re: BeGEMeD, a Bejeweled / Diamond mine clone for the Atari.

Postby Cyprian » Fri Dec 25, 2015 8:35 pm

BoNuS thanks for that game. I used to play it on my mobile phone, and now I can play it on my STe.
BTW. would be cool to have plain ST version.
Jaugar / TT030 / Mega STe / 800 XL / 1040 STe / Falcon030 / 65 XE / 520 STm / SM124 / SC1435
SDrive / PAK68/3 / CosmosEx / SatanDisk / UltraSatan / USB Floppy Drive Emulator / Eiffel / SIO2PC / Crazy Dots / PAM Net
Hatari / Aranym / Steem / Saint
http://260ste.appspot.com/

Stefan jL
Atari God
Atari God

Postby Stefan jL » Fri Dec 25, 2015 8:42 pm

Great game... i love it :)
Great music and graphics also.

Made a video recorded from my STE (gameplay starts 01:24 in the video):

BeGEMeD

krupkaj
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Postby krupkaj » Sat Dec 26, 2015 11:18 pm

Great little game. Thanks. I used to play such a game a lot on phone ;)
I have to report a small bug. Happened to me twice. I took the last triple and got enough points to advance the level. The game first told me "Level complete" then redraw the playfield and after that I got "No more moves" and the game ended. Please could you fix that?

darwinmac
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Postby darwinmac » Sun Dec 27, 2015 3:53 pm

It is a very nice game. I have not played a Bejeweled clone in a while. The sound and graphics are very nice on the STe version. I played it through Hatari and I look forward to seeing it on my friend's Mega STe. When I played it from the hard drive, I did notice that when the game ended and I ended up back at the desktop, the desktop colors were not changed back to the original desktop colors.

However, that is a minor problem. Very well done!

Bob C

BoNuS
Atari Super Hero
Atari Super Hero

Postby BoNuS » Tue Dec 29, 2015 2:12 pm

krupkaj wrote:Great little game. Thanks. I used to play such a game a lot on phone ;)
I have to report a small bug. Happened to me twice. I took the last triple and got enough points to advance the level. The game first told me "Level complete" then redraw the playfield and after that I got "No more moves" and the game ended. Please could you fix that?

Okay, will look into that, I thought I had fixed that on :( Thanks for reporting it !

A bit later: I found it, gameover flag was set after a no more moves check (which was found), but that shouldn't happen with a level up.
So recalculate the field, unflag and go on :) A bad shortcut on my side in the program :oops:
So that was is fixed, I'll wait if there a more bugs found. If not within 2 weeks I'll make a download version of the .PRG only.

I'll also fix the wrong colors back to desktop ASAP

Thanks again !
http://bonus.home.xs4all.nl/
2 x Falcon 030 - a mint Atari TT - Mega STE - 2x STE - 1x Mega 2 - 2x STFM - 1 x STF - 3x SC1224 - 2x SM124 - 1x SM125 2x Portofolio+interface
- 3x 1435 monitor - 1 x Ult.Ripper cardridge - Mega 1,2,and 4 ( just to much Atari stuff)

Marcer
Atarilegend
Atarilegend

Postby Marcer » Tue Dec 29, 2015 8:00 pm

Hey! This game has been awaited for me!

Nice gfx and nice music. As like a waiting inpatient.
Im bit of expecting :)

Here is some tips.

Use dma sample a side and not by tracker rout and use better sound quality it's ok if the game grows a bit in file size. And these coins shrink to show level complete situation?

Liked it alot!!
- Atari ST/FM/E - Mega sTe - Portfolio - Falcon 030 FX 3 in 1 -- Atari 7800/Lynx/Jaguar -
- FTP... Ask for info
- Atari Legend (Games all-a-round)
- Paradize (Chip Music)
- Elite (Atari Softs)
- The Legion (Demos)
- Alive Maggie Team
_/|\_YM-RockerZ_/|\_

BoNuS
Atari Super Hero
Atari Super Hero

Postby BoNuS » Thu Dec 31, 2015 2:45 pm

Marcer wrote:Hey! This game has been awaited for me!

Nice gfx and nice music. As like a waiting inpatient.
Im bit of expecting :)

Here is some tips.

Use dma sample a side and not by tracker rout and use better sound quality it's ok if the game grows a bit in file size. And these coins shrink to show level complete situation?

Liked it alot!!

These are seperate samples, these are the orginals from the Bejeweled version, but had to be downsampled because of size. Also they had to be pushed in volume because otherwise the music is to loud. So music was already lowered in volume and the samples increased. Unfortunally quality has suffered from that, the Falcon version sounds better.

The coins meter doesn't work yet indeed :( The idea is that the closer you get to the next level the bigger the pile of coins. But that routine kept bugging me so I put it on hold for the next release / fix / bugrun/ end release...
2 x Falcon 030 - a mint Atari TT - Mega STE - 2x STE - 1x Mega 2 - 2x STFM - 1 x STF - 3x SC1224 - 2x SM124 - 1x SM125 2x Portofolio+interface
- 3x 1435 monitor - 1 x Ult.Ripper cardridge - Mega 1,2,and 4 ( just to much Atari stuff)

BoNuS
Atari Super Hero
Atari Super Hero

Postby BoNuS » Thu Sep 22, 2016 6:36 pm

New beta demo released :)

http://www.atarimania.com/game-atari-st ... 30784.html

Changes in the BETA Release 0.8

First of all numbering the version, never did that before ;)
Bug fixes, optimize code, extra GFX
Working coin-progress meter (finally it works).
Added sound effects.
Added upwards difficulty through the levels, start with 5 gems but goes upwards to 7 gems.
The score to reach the next level is increased each level a bit.
Added combo score ( so if you make more than 3 gems in a row you get higher score).
Added cascade combo score ( if you make a match and the next goes automatic ).

Previous official beta release was at STNICCC 2015 (which had a nasty bug apperently)

Hints / tips / bugs and everything else always welcome.

Question 1 asked by so many people : Will there be a physical release (disk and box) ?
Yes, I will try to make it so. Disk, box (don't know what yet), manual, wrapper thingy.
Price: Unknown (I'll try low, only to cover the costs !)
Release date: Unknown (not this year !)

Question 2 asked by ST owners : Will there be an ST version ?

Well it started as a Falcon project, than STE / TT and I'm looking into the ST this week.
There will be som e small setbacks in sound (no music and samples at the same time).
Apart from that I already had a working version (until de HD of my Mega ST crashed without backup)
So I have to start again on that track, but as long as users don't mind the fact that its either music or samples
this could become a reality ;)

dma
Atari Super Hero
Atari Super Hero

Postby dma » Sat Sep 24, 2016 5:56 am

As you can imagine, i am more than happy to see some progress on this. :thumbs:

Eero Tamminen
Atari God
Atari God

Postby Eero Tamminen » Sat Sep 24, 2016 6:10 pm

BoNuS wrote:Added upwards difficulty through the levels, start with 5 gems but goes upwards to 7 gems.
Hints / tips / bugs and everything else always welcome.

Looks and sounds great!

I've played the game twice, both times I got over 20000 points (after nearly hour of quick game play). I think it could be a bit more difficult, like the other Beweled/Coloris versions I've played, this kind of game is better as shorter. :-)

When the game ends, it should (still) show how much points I got.

Second time (under EmuTOS), game crashed when the game ended and I got the "press key" screen".

BoNuS wrote:Question 2 asked by ST owners : Will there be an ST version ?

Well it started as a Falcon project, than STE / TT and I'm looking into the ST this week.
There will be som e small setbacks in sound (no music and samples at the same time).
Apart from that I already had a working version (until de HD of my Mega ST crashed without backup)
So I have to start again on that track, but as long as users don't mind the fact that its either music or samples
this could become a reality ;)

I think it's fine. On ST you could have music on title screen / loading and sound effects during game play...

jury
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Postby jury » Sun Sep 25, 2016 7:55 am

Thanks for this game mate! Played it for a while yesterday on Steem and also like it.

BoNuS
Atari Super Hero
Atari Super Hero

Postby BoNuS » Sun Sep 25, 2016 4:59 pm

Looks and sounds great!

Thanks, always nice to hear !

I've played the game twice, both times I got over 20000 points (after nearly hour of quick game play). I think it could be a bit more difficult, like the other Beweled/Coloris versions I've played, this kind of game is better as shorter. :-)

There is always that tricky balance between addiction, difficulty and ofcourse amatuer and pro player. Since you already seem to know a few titles I guess you're more kinda pro player so it might indeed esp. in the beinning be a but to easy. I could included a level like amateur (start with 5 gems), novice (6 gems) and Pro (7 gems) but to be honest I think as it is now its the best... (esp. becuse its the first of its kind on the Atari 68xxx serie). Maybe version 2 perhaps :)

When the game ends, it should (still) show how much points I got.

Yess, could do that. But in the final there will be a nice highscore list and screen but indeed you can
hardly see it before it goes away...

Second time (under EmuTOS), game crashed when the game ended and I got the "press key" screen".

Never tried it with EmuTos, will have a look whats wrong ! Thanks.

I think it's fine. On ST you could have music on title screen / loading and sound effects during game play...

The only other alternative :) I will take that one in mind too, it is indeed a shame to drop either one of them. :mrgreen:

Thanks for trying the game !

Mr.JT
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Postby Mr.JT » Thu Sep 29, 2016 5:38 pm

This is great! I never got round to playing the mobile versions of these so good excuse to play now, and well timed with a visit to the parents house-dug the falcon out of the basement to try it!

I clearly need more practice as I was done by level 12... I ran it in plain falcon mode (only falcon patch 2 and thing running) with 14Mb of the HD. Works fine until game is over - it one bombs back to the desktop after briefly returning to the title screen...

Keep up the good work!

JT
---------------------------------
14Mb 32MHz 4GB HD Falcon 030 with 19" LCD
STBook NOTEBOOK (!)
Atari Portfolio
2 x 4Mb STe
1 x STFM
Lynx
Jaguar and JagCD plus interesting prototype carts!

Bring on the retro!

Social Media

Return to “News & Announcements”