New zView available!

Latest news in the Atari world

Moderators: Mug UK, Silver Surfer, Moderator Team

mikro
Atari God
Atari God

Re: New zView available!

Postby mikro » Mon Jun 29, 2015 8:44 pm

Lonny, what about CF builds? AHCC should handle this job pretty well, then I can fully replace my bloated codecs in the next zView release.

lp
Fuji Shaped Bastard
Fuji Shaped Bastard

Postby lp » Tue Jun 30, 2015 1:12 am

mikro wrote:Lonny, what about CF builds? AHCC should handle this job pretty well, then I can fully replace my bloated codecs in the next zView release.

I tried AHCC on one of my rather simple codecs and it throws an error message I can't figure out, related to fmove if I recall. My attempt at PNG wasn't stable, it was based on some assembler listing, certain PNG files seem to give it problems. I removed my PNG codec from the download site. I can't build the JPG, TIFF, and PNG codecs, as they rely on libraries that are not available for PureC. I guess some of them must remain bloated.

Is there a way to build them with AHCC so they work on all systems? I guess I need help, just wasn't getting anywhere with it.

mikro
Atari God
Atari God

Postby mikro » Tue Jun 30, 2015 6:17 am

lp wrote:Is there a way to build them with AHCC so they work on all systems? I guess I need help, just wasn't getting anywhere with it.

If I recall correctly, there's a compiler switch which is supposed to activate code which runs on both 020 *and* CF, using only the common instruction set. I'm not huge fan of that, however -- it provides suboptimal results on both platforms. Plus you can't use FPU instructions.

Anyway, Henk is always helpful, he should be reachable via ACP/AF forum or at his email address on the mint list.

Btw, I've forgotten, do you compile your codecs for 030 or 000?

lp
Fuji Shaped Bastard
Fuji Shaped Bastard

Postby lp » Tue Jun 30, 2015 9:50 am

mikro wrote:If I recall correctly, there's a compiler switch which is supposed to activate code which runs on both 020 *and* CF, using only the common instruction set. I'm not huge fan of that, however -- it provides suboptimal results on both platforms. Plus you can't use FPU instructions.

Ah, that's probably not the best way then.

Anyway, Henk is always helpful, he should be reachable via ACP/AF forum or at his email address on the mint list.

Btw, I've forgotten, do you compile your codecs for 030 or 000?

Currently, they are all built for 68000 even though I'm using an 040 myself. I was going to rebuild them all for 020+ at a later time.

lp
Fuji Shaped Bastard
Fuji Shaped Bastard

Postby lp » Tue Jun 30, 2015 11:58 am

QuatumPaint codec (qpaint.ldg) available. Again, cheers to Nyh for releasing his code into the public domain. I didn't have a low resolution 128 color sample file, but it should load them ok.

lp
Fuji Shaped Bastard
Fuji Shaped Bastard

Postby lp » Fri Jul 03, 2015 2:17 am

Targa codec (tga.ldg) updated. Now loads 32-bit TC files correctly, instead of all black. There's also a new Spectrum 512 Extended codec (specx.ldg), don't thank me, thank Nyh. ;)

lp
Fuji Shaped Bastard
Fuji Shaped Bastard

Postby lp » Sat Jul 04, 2015 6:22 am

FYI, that tga codec still has some issues. I've noticed if you load a 32-bit image zView reports 0 colors in the window info line. Also some images load garbled. The messed up images are related to the rle decompression I think. It seems zorro assumed an rle run would never wrap to the next line. Version 1 spec said that was acceptable, version 2 spec says the opposite. :?

lp
Fuji Shaped Bastard
Fuji Shaped Bastard

Postby lp » Sat Jul 04, 2015 1:40 pm

Uploaded a brand new TGA codec. This one solves all the previously mentioned issues. It also loads all the gray-scale and color-mapped images the original codec rejected. If you find a tga file it doesn't load, please send it to me. :wink:

lp
Fuji Shaped Bastard
Fuji Shaped Bastard

Postby lp » Sat Jul 11, 2015 11:38 pm

The bitbucket site is just not handy, it gets tedious exporting the files so I moved them back to where they were:
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/hk65mapqd3fm ... KqQTa?dl=0

There's a small tool called codecinf.prg which can be used to generate a log of all the installed codecs and versions. Several have been updated and bugs fixed, better palette handling, speed improvements, made a few of them even smaller, etc. plus a couple of new ones. A huge thanks to Joakim Högberg for all of his testing. :cheers:

wongck
Ultimate Atarian
Ultimate Atarian

Postby wongck » Sun Jul 12, 2015 12:40 am

Thanks Lonny. :D
My Stuff: FB/Falcon CT63+CTPCI ATI R7500 14+512MB 30GB HDD CF HxC_SD EtherNEC/ TT030 68882 4+32MB 520MB Nova/ 520STFM 4MB Tos206 SCSI
Shared SCSI Bus:ScsiLink ethernet, 9GB HDD,SD-reader @ http://phsw.atari.org
My Atari stuff for sale - click here for list

GokMasE
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Postby GokMasE » Sun Jul 12, 2015 4:08 pm

lp wrote:A huge thanks to Joakim Högberg for all of his testing. :cheers:

:cheers:

Any time! Thanks for your brilliant work! :-D

Regards,

/Joakim

lp
Fuji Shaped Bastard
Fuji Shaped Bastard

Postby lp » Sun Jul 19, 2015 10:36 pm

I need to thank CiH for sending me another GIF that exposed a bug in the gif codec. Certain animated gifs with interlaced frames didn't decode all frames properly. :cheers:

Also found a bug myself by accident. Animated gifs where the first frame is transparent displayed random garbage for the background. I updated the codec and both issues are resolved.

lp
Fuji Shaped Bastard
Fuji Shaped Bastard

Postby lp » Sun Aug 02, 2015 9:57 am

Can someone tell me if this image looks correct? Although Canvas runs on hatari, the special HBL mode with the extra colors flickers so badly I'm not sure if my codec results are 100% right. Unless there's some settings in hatari that help? Also the gfx wiki fails to explain the format of the HBL files, so I interpreted it myself. ;)

The image on the left was imported per the wiki specifications. The image on the right was imported with the extra HBL file in the same dir.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

lp
Fuji Shaped Bastard
Fuji Shaped Bastard

Postby lp » Mon Aug 31, 2015 2:20 am

The codecs should now work on the FireBee. I have not had time to rebuild all of them, but the ones at the URL have all been rebuilt.
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/hk65mapqd3fm ... KqQTa?dl=0

Check back later, will bee adding more as I rebuild.

lp
Fuji Shaped Bastard
Fuji Shaped Bastard

Postby lp » Fri Nov 18, 2016 7:20 pm

The GIF codec has yet another subtle issue. Grab the first GIF file of the hand and give it a go in zview. The delay is at the wrong frame.
http://blog.mrmeyer.com/2015/four-anima ... e-problem/

Social Media

Return to “News & Announcements”