New visitor? Your first three posts need to be approved

Latest news in the Atari world

Moderators: Mug UK, Silver Surfer, Moderator Team

TheNameOfTheGame
Atari Super Hero
Atari Super Hero

Re: New visitor? Your first three posts need to be approved

Postby TheNameOfTheGame » Tue Feb 19, 2013 1:48 am

Yes, the wiki is amazing for new users. Highly recommended. Welcome back to Atari friend! :cheers:

vinniethedweeb
Atarian
Atarian

Postby vinniethedweeb » Tue Feb 19, 2013 8:21 pm

Thank you for the welcome. I will explore Wiki and the forum here and attempt to get a heads-up on what’s happened since I last used my machine before asking too many unnecessary questions. Expect I will still fail to some degree...

vinniethedweeb
Atarian
Atarian

Postby vinniethedweeb » Sun Feb 24, 2013 5:01 pm

Forgive me for the triviality of this post. I do have a question or two for the various forums but now just wanted to get my 3 post approval cleared. On a general point I have started to search out various bits of kit to see what works. So far so good, games are all loading, just missing a phono cable for my SAM video digitiser, will continue with the search..

Zapeth
Atarian
Atarian

Postby Zapeth » Thu May 02, 2013 8:48 pm

Hi all, I've never spent much time with the Atari consoles/pc's (they were before my time) but I guess better late than never right? ;)
I guess I will spend most of my time on the wiki for now anyway, lol

M1d1man098
Atarian
Atarian

Postby M1d1man098 » Sun Jun 02, 2013 8:27 am

Hi everyone

I've just joined, and can't believe the wealth of information here - posted a reply on the IDE TO 2.06 Thread...realised that i needed to get my 3 posts out the way and so thought i'd post an intro. I have grown up from the Atari STFM -> Mega ste and used the Specta GCR (Hopefully people would still remember the genius that was Dave Small - and the wonderful backup he provided...the mind wanders!!!) I also was heavily into Notator, with a great home studio which kept me busy. The support from C-Lab was excellent with regular columns in SOS to assist.

One with that i have noticed is that things like crashes/freezes etc were minimal, and its amazing that this old equipment fires up and just gets on with it - you can't say the same for most laptops 4-5 years old!!

Anyway, a great site and i am really wanting to explore all the upgrades which are doing the rounds - an old hobby re-ignited!

....just hope i can conceal the extra spending from the wife :roll:

Dave
Atari Mega ste 4MB 20MB Drive, Ultrasatan, HxC Floppy. Notator SL

M1d1man098
Atarian
Atarian

Postby M1d1man098 » Sun Jun 02, 2013 8:32 am

Hi, I found the following excellent site for past issues of Atari focused magazines:

http://www.atarimania.com/list-atari-magazines.html

i know this resource will not have gone unnoticed, but thought it would be good for newbies (like me) to bookmark - and more importantly completes my 3 posts :mrgreen:

regards

Dave
Atari Mega ste 4MB 20MB Drive, Ultrasatan, HxC Floppy. Notator SL

Zerotech
Atarian
Atarian

Postby Zerotech » Thu Jul 25, 2013 3:46 pm

Hi from Melbourne, Australia. I also have an Atari 1040 STE arriving in my door soon which I bought recently off ebay and I would like to show it to you either from pictures, youtube or both. I hope we have a few australians in this board too who are keen on Atari computers.

nichtsnutz
Atarian
Atarian

Postby nichtsnutz » Wed Oct 16, 2013 7:32 pm

Hi all,

normally I read, and sometimes I write on the german atari-home forum and I am reading this forum
only.I have registered here because I would like to see the pictures of the nice hardware things that
have been build here and because of the nice technical discussions about hardware and emus.
In my spare time I like tinkering a little bit, most of the time only small things on a breadboard to learn
some electronics.It is just a hobby.
I own the STs until the MegaSTE and I some times try to understand how the hardware works and write
small asm programs in pure-c.But nothing special.

I would like to thank the people who run this forum.

Greetings,
Vassilis

TheNameOfTheGame
Atari Super Hero
Atari Super Hero

Postby TheNameOfTheGame » Sat Oct 19, 2013 2:45 am

nichtsnutz wrote:Hi all,

normally I read, and sometimes I write on the german atari-home forum and I am reading this forum
only.I have registered here because I would like to see the pictures of the nice hardware things that
have been build here and because of the nice technical discussions about hardware and emus.
In my spare time I like tinkering a little bit, most of the time only small things on a breadboard to learn
some electronics.It is just a hobby.
I own the STs until the MegaSTE and I some times try to understand how the hardware works and write
small asm programs in pure-c.But nothing special.

I would like to thank the people who run this forum.

Greetings,
Vassilis

Nice to meet you Vassilis! Welcome to the forum. Hope you have a nice experience here :D

DarkLord
Fuji Shaped Bastard
Fuji Shaped Bastard

Postby DarkLord » Sat Oct 19, 2013 5:00 am

Zerotech wrote: I hope we have a few australians in this board too who are keen on Atari computers.

Welcome aboard and look up any message threads that involve Ralcool (Sean). He's from
the Land Down Under as well. :)
Welcome To DarkForce! http://www.darkforce.org "The Fuji Lives.!"
Atari SW/HW based BBS - Telnet:darkforce-bbs.dyndns.org 520

DarkLord
Fuji Shaped Bastard
Fuji Shaped Bastard

Postby DarkLord » Sat Oct 19, 2013 5:01 am

TheNameOfTheGame wrote:Nice to meet you Vassilis! Welcome to the forum. Hope you have a nice experience here :D

Ditto, always nice to see new peple here! :)
Welcome To DarkForce! http://www.darkforce.org "The Fuji Lives.!"
Atari SW/HW based BBS - Telnet:darkforce-bbs.dyndns.org 520

joefish
Atari freak
Atari freak

Postby joefish » Thu Dec 05, 2013 4:31 pm

First post, although it seems awfully quiet for a forum.

Can I suggest your anti-spam systems are seriously counting against you? You can't simply rule out every btinternet and rocketmail address for fear of spammers using one-off accounts - some of us have to rely on these addresses. I've been trying to sign up to this forum for months now, trying different email addresses and it just kicks me out every time - it's not doing you any favours.

Anyway, if a mod is going to read this, please can you change my account email address to railtron (a deliberate mis-spelling of my surname) at the aforementioned rocketmail full-stop com, as currently I'm using my work email address and want that to vanish asap. And then maybe delete this part of the post too...

Thanks.

laurieboshell
Atarian
Atarian

Postby laurieboshell » Tue Jan 07, 2014 9:35 pm

Ah..just worked out why my posts don't appear.
Moderator: BTW: the FAQ page gives a 404 error.
I've seen other groups taken over completely by spam and so the 3 posting rule is probably a good idea.

MeowZedong
Retro freak
Retro freak

Postby MeowZedong » Thu Jan 23, 2014 9:37 am

Just a quick posting to reach the three-posts-limit a little more quickly. :)

I still have a *very old* Atari ST with an external floppy drive in my closet. My father was an early adopter, bought it in 1985 - and almost thirty years later the machine remains fully functional. Take that, modern computers!

StevetS
Atarian
Atarian

Postby StevetS » Sat Mar 29, 2014 6:51 pm

Hi there,

Recently moved house and as my old computer's were out of storage I thought I'd fire up my ST(520FM with 1Mb upgrade) and it brought back great memories so thought I'd join the Atari forum.

My ST still works well (though the 1Mb upgrade seems to have packed up) and I've had great fun playing original Speedball, Virus, Xenon 2 and Cadaver.

Hi to everyone here.

zaphod
Atarian
Atarian

Postby zaphod » Sun May 18, 2014 6:22 am

Came across this forum when searching for data on some possibly vapor-ware ST software (Sample-Mon). Didn't even know you all existed, but now I do.

Regarding your spam problem, that is one of my areas of expertise... that being fighting it, not making it.

I have written a website protection script (GNU/GPL V.2), that has been developed over the last 5 years to protect websites against spam and hacks. It is called ZB Block (Google for it). I happen to run my own phpBB site, and without my script, I would go insane in the constant battle against spambots. Now, some forewarning may be needed before you try it out here... OVH, a big French network is blocked (12th worst autonomous system in the world), along with some Telecom Italia, and other various somewhat nefarious ISPs... this can be bypassed and I would be happy to help you with writing those bypasses if you want to give it a whirl. I'd love to give back to my beloved community of fellow Minerites (And ST crowd too). The link to my site is in my profile, and the software resides there.

No security system is perfect, but I'll keep trying as long as I can.

AE7EC / Zaphod
----------
I'll take a US Doubler over a Happy any day.
----------

lostdragon
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Postby lostdragon » Fri Sep 26, 2014 3:40 pm

:D

'ello.

Just joined to thank good folks on here for kind comments and thoughts on ST Gamer Vol.1, give'em slight heads up on few bits n bobs i've submitted for Vol.2.

The 3-post approval makes great sense to me.

I'll try and post more on here, but busy, busy busy with interviews for various sites etc, helping out other forums, work and life in general but just wanted to say hello etc.

FanTC
Atarian
Atarian

Postby FanTC » Thu May 07, 2015 9:35 pm

Hello, I'm new here.
Just found my old STE on the attic.
I like to start using it again for my MIDI gear. Especially for editing my DX7 and DX7IIFD.

STarship
Atarian
Atarian

Postby STarship » Sun Jul 17, 2016 10:53 am

Hi all, i'm also new on this board and this is my first post. :-)

I'm an atarian since the early 90's. I've started with an 1040 STE. My atari collection is a little bigger today, see my signature.

Currently i'm trying to upgrade one of my TT's to modern storage hardware (i.e. SD or CF), a network connection (Hydra), maybe USB for optical mouse and storage, and a newer OS like MiNT.

Kind regards

Sven
520STM, SF354, SM124/SC1224
1040STE, 4MB, SF314, SH205, SC1435
Mega ST4 +68881, Megafile30, SM144
MegaSTE, TOS 2.06, 4MB, DD-FDD, 105MB HDD, SM146
TT030, TOS 3.06, 4 MB ST / 20MB TT (MightyMic 32B), HD-FDD, 270MB HDD, ext. CD-Rom
TT030, TOS 3.05, 4 MB ST / 4MB TT (MightyMic 32B), DD-FDD, 540MB HDD, PTC 1426
SLM804 mit Interface (not working)
Portfolio HPC-004

cavemanweb
Atarian
Atarian

Postby cavemanweb » Mon Oct 31, 2016 12:03 pm

Hi All from Madrid, Spain.

dimfil
Atarian
Atarian

Postby dimfil » Sat Feb 11, 2017 7:56 am

Hi all!
I'm quite new to the Atari scene. Loving to discover lots of the secrets around our beloved 80's home computers, my journey now includes an Atari 1040 STE. I enjoy it quite much at the moment and atari-forum has been of great help for this!
See you around. Greetings from Greece!

silverfox0786
Retro freak
Retro freak

Postby silverfox0786 » Thu Mar 30, 2017 3:30 pm

Hi Guys, I'm New to this Forum and New to Atari ST series, I couldn't find a Intro section so ill put it here. In my youth i was a Amiga User, but never was in that rivalry thing, just couldn't afford both

I have many Atari 8 bit systems and love them and do many mods board for them.

I recently purchased and still awaiting delivery of an Atari 1040 STF and an Atari 1040 STE with STM114 Monitor, i thinking of buying a Marpet as well and want to learn as much about these machines as i can

hopefully i can learn some good stuff, i already have realized that the name exxoss means a wealth of knowledge to be learnt from him and i stumbled on his shop so will prob make some purchases

One day in a Dream i shall also own a Falcon, shame i couldn't find any info on Atari Accelerators like what the Amiga has.

Thanks for having me after about 3 days fighting with your excellent anti spam system which as a Real Human Wooden Boy i couldn't pass till now ;)

empereurlord
Atarian
Atarian

Postby empereurlord » Mon Apr 03, 2017 1:51 am

Hello everyone,
New here, my 1st computer was a 520STe years later i ended up buying a Milan which i never really used (Os in german, no real IT knowledge, etc) but that was my first step into music. Found a used falcon 030 a couple years later and did quite some musical work with it until it started to act weird ... finally switched to Pc (no fun) and ended up with mac.
I recently have the incredible joy to find out both my falcon and milan could boot without issue ... so i'd like to learn more, especially about atari clones, to make my machines shine, and recover old files i thought were long lost.
Finally I released something : https://www.facebook.com/Sldghram1er/

siyllad
Atarian
Atarian

Postby siyllad » Sat Apr 29, 2017 9:06 pm

Hi to all staff and members here.

I am awaiting delivery of my first Atari an STe.
I do not know much about the Atari family, I always had/have Amiga's but I am really looking forward to getting used to the STe with the help of this board and members.

Social Media

Return to “News & Announcements”