Latest news in the Atari world

Moderators: Mug UK, Silver Surfer, Moderator Team

mikro
Hardware Guru
Hardware Guru

UltraSatan -- our dream came true!

Postby mikro » Tue Jan 06, 2009 6:30 pm

Hi people,

so here we are again. Jookie did his best to give you another cool piece of hardware for our beloved Atari beasts and as always, I'm that crazy guy who is up to organize some (big quotes here) business around it ;-)

You can take a look at Jookie's website (http://joo.kie.sk/ultrasatan) for specs, in short:

- ACSI to SD/SDHC/MMC interface solution
- much faster than original SatanDisk (nearly in the limit of ACSI itself!)
- upgradable firmware!
- 2 slots (yeah, behaving like two hard disks!)
- 100% functional cooperation with other ACSI(-to-SCSI) devices: Atari hard disks, Link 9x, ... everything can work all together!
- hot swap functionality! No more reset / power off when changing card! Just like diskette swapping!
- battery backed up realtime clock
- behaves like standard hard disk device
- and the best one: if you don't want to pay, you can build it by yourself -- sources, blueprints etc -- everything is free!

Well, you know the deal. Go to the website (http://mikro.umpc.sk/us_order until I register ultrasatan.atari.org), register, fill out your preliminary interest and wait for payment phase. In case of any problems or questions ask me or Jookie (but we prefer the first option since Jookie don't like to be bothered with all this order 'crap' :)

And the last note -- people, please, behave like normal human beings in our space/time continuum ;-) When we say preorder phase is for two months and payments phase is for another two months, we really mean it. Notice these dates in your mobile phone, calendar, wall, desktop, anywhere but please, don't ask me in October if you still can order our cool hardware... in this way I'd like to ask you for favor -- tell about this HW all your Atari friends, ask them stupid questions like "did you hear about US project?" and so on.

You can't imagine how many guys are mailing me MONTHS after manufacturing about our HW projects. It's very unlikely we will made another batch, so take your only chance. I think we have proven we're not some imaginary money rippers, our HW is real and working, people are happy, be happy as well ;-)

OK, that's it, keep fingers crossed!

Mug UK
Administrator
Administrator

Re: UltraSatan -- our dream came true!

Postby Mug UK » Tue Jan 06, 2009 7:08 pm

Pre-ordered 1 unit with 1 x cable type A. Roll on June 2009 :)
My main site: http://www.mug-uk.co.uk - slowly digging up the bits from my past (and re-working a few): Atari ST, Sega 8-bit (game hacks) and NDS (Music ripping guide).

I develop a free Word (for Windows) add-in that's available for Word 2007 upwards. It's a fix-it toolbox that will allow power Word users to fix document errors. You can find it at: http://www.mikestoolbox.co.uk

rocket-dog
Atari Super Hero
Atari Super Hero

Postby rocket-dog » Tue Jan 06, 2009 7:10 pm

Apple let me down, no new Mac Mini. But the Atari community hasn't has let me down. :mrgreen:

Well done people!

PaulB
Fuji Shaped Bastard
Fuji Shaped Bastard

Postby PaulB » Tue Jan 06, 2009 7:16 pm

Have registered!

Can't wait for one of these :angel:

rocket-dog
Atari Super Hero
Atari Super Hero

Postby rocket-dog » Tue Jan 06, 2009 7:24 pm

When I first became interested in Atari's again I didn't think I would ever get a mass storage device. But thanks to Ali selling me a super SCSI drive, Joska selling me a LINK, and now ULTRAsatan I have got (going to have) two super systems.

Desty
Atari God
Atari God

Postby Desty » Tue Jan 06, 2009 7:29 pm

Yes! :cheers: :cheers: :thumbs:
tá'n poc ar buile!

simonsunnyboy

Postby simonsunnyboy » Tue Jan 06, 2009 7:42 pm

Preorder placed :)
Simon Sunnyboy/Paradize - http://paradize.atari.org/

Stay cool, stay Atari!

1x2600jr, 1x1040STFm, 1x1040STE 4MB+TOS2.06+SatanDisk, 1xF030 14MB+FPU+NetUS-Bee

Rygar
Atariator
Atariator

Postby Rygar » Tue Jan 06, 2009 8:10 pm

Pheeeww!!!!! Got one!!

Kudos to Mikro and, most of all, Jookie!!! :cheers: :cheers:

Guitarman
Retro freak
Retro freak

Postby Guitarman » Tue Jan 06, 2009 8:20 pm

Got my pre-order in!!!
Guitarman
3 Saved Collections
Atari 400 to XEGS
520ST to Falcon
Portfolio
2600 to Jaguar

Needed: STacy, Atari IBM Compatibles

Jake/Depression
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Postby Jake/Depression » Tue Jan 06, 2009 8:23 pm

Wow!

Two Ultrasatans (+cables) pre-ordered.

Nikolas
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Postby Nikolas » Tue Jan 06, 2009 8:29 pm

Im having truble selecting payment...
Best thing for me is to wait post man to bring ultra satan to my home. I pay him the price for ultra satan, he give me box-device. And post transfer money to Micro, my name on payment..

So i select cash?

Does this work ok Micro?
If you guys expirience hardware problems.
1. Always remove chips if possible before soldering.
2. Resolder your hardware, check cables too.
3. If problem continue THEN must be faulty software.

I got 2 Atari ST
Main is stfm, with blitter, with 4 meg of ram, with 16mhz cpu + s-video and audio input to videobox, vdi out
P.S.
My english may not be correct

mikro
Hardware Guru
Hardware Guru

Postby mikro » Tue Jan 06, 2009 8:51 pm

Hi Nikolas,

Nikolas/Ego wrote:Im having truble selecting payment...
Best thing for me is to wait post man to bring ultra satan to my home. I pay him the price for ultra satan, he give me box-device. And post transfer money to Micro, my name on payment..

So i select cash?

Does this work ok Micro?

ehm, no, this is not how it does work :) Your approach would work if you live in Slovakia and I could send it to you in this way. But since you're from Slovenia, you, as the others, have to pay in advance using paypal, credit card, bank transfer etc and then you'll receive your device..

.. or you can pick up it personally, you're welcome in Bratislava! ;-)

rocket-dog
Atari Super Hero
Atari Super Hero

Postby rocket-dog » Tue Jan 06, 2009 8:55 pm

Eek! I selected cash because that is how I paid you last time.

Desty
Atari God
Atari God

Postby Desty » Tue Jan 06, 2009 9:04 pm

I noticed there was no option to pay with diamonds or cocaine....? So picked bank transfer instead. I'm sure these minor confusions will be sorted out when it comes to ordering time :)
tá'n poc ar buile!

Nikolas
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Postby Nikolas » Tue Jan 06, 2009 9:09 pm

mikro wrote:Hi Nikolas,

Nikolas/Ego wrote:Im having truble selecting payment...

So i select cash?

Does this work ok Micro?

ehm, no, this is not how it does work :) Your approach would work if you live in Slovakia and I could send it to you in this way. But since you're from Slovenia, you, as the others, have to pay in advance using paypal, credit card, bank transfer etc and then you'll receive your device..

Trip to Bratislava cost me more then device :) since i rlly dont have time coz my work is wery tight..

Can there will be user guide help for Payment methods, like infos for each type of playment, how it works..Im 30y old, abit "older/slower" so i ask for help :)
Probably there are many others who need help too, so in my opinion is better for users and you too.

Edit: Edit
If you guys expirience hardware problems.
1. Always remove chips if possible before soldering.
2. Resolder your hardware, check cables too.
3. If problem continue THEN must be faulty software.

I got 2 Atari ST
Main is stfm, with blitter, with 4 meg of ram, with 16mhz cpu + s-video and audio input to videobox, vdi out
P.S.
My english may not be correct

thorsten_guenther
Obsessive compulsive Atari behavior

Postby thorsten_guenther » Tue Jan 06, 2009 10:04 pm

Nikolas/Ego wrote:
mikro wrote:ehm, no, this is not how it does work :) Your approach would work if you live in Slovakia and I could send it to you in this way. But since you're from Slovenia, you, as the others, have to pay in advance using paypal, credit card, bank transfer etc and then you'll receive your device..

Trip to Bratislava cost me more then device :) since i rlly dont have time coz my work is wery tight..

Can there will be user guide help for Payment methods, like infos for each type of playment, how it works..Im 30y old, abit "older/slower" so i ask for help :)
Probably there are many others who need help too, so in my opinion is better for users and you too.

OK, then. Since Slovakia is a Eurozone country since January 1st (welcome, and, how do the backsides of your coins look like, BTW?), bank transfer from every other Eurozone country (such as Slovenia, Austria, Germany, France, etc.pp.) must not cost more than the same service within each country - usually this is the cheapest means of payment for both sending and receiving money (here in germany, it's free). You just need mikro's IBAN (International Bank Account Number) and BIC (Bank Identifier Code), and for some reasons, some banks - like mine - also want the postal address of the recipient.

Moneybookers is similar, yet costs the recipient up to 0.50 Euro (if I remember correctly) plus it's rather slow unless you upload funds with your credit card (which is costly).

PayPal is expensive for the recipient, and I dislike their policy very much. E.g. if the seller ships without tracking and the shipment is lost, he/she has to refund the payment, regardless of whether the buyer wanted the cheapest shipping method. They also "block" payments you have received several weeks before due to various reasons, even if the buyer did not even contact you to inform you of a problem.

Thus I chose bank transfer.

HTH,

Thorsten

MiggyMog
Atari Super Hero
Atari Super Hero

Postby MiggyMog » Tue Jan 06, 2009 11:09 pm

I have placed an order, I just hope the stinky GBP does not plummit too much further (As if) between now and when payments are taken.
('< o o o o |''| STM,2xSTFM,2xSTE+HD,C-Lab Falcon MK2+HD,Satandisk,Ultrasatandisk,Ethernat.

Awol

Postby Awol » Wed Jan 07, 2009 1:47 am

I've placed my pre-order! :D

MiggyMog wrote:I have placed an order, I just hope the stinky GBP does not plummit too much further (As if) between now and when payments are taken.

Hey! Stop whining! I'm paying in $USD! :x
1040STE: 4MB RAM, TOS 2.06
Formerly Grey_and_Purple.

STcomp
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Postby STcomp » Wed Jan 07, 2009 3:24 am

I'm on the list! This is going to be the dopest, freshest thing of all time for my Ste. I'll have the most pimped out STe in Santa Rosa! (and probably the only STe in Santa Rosa)

remowilliams
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Postby remowilliams » Wed Jan 07, 2009 3:56 am

Been waiting for this announcement! Jookie and MiKRO - you guys rule!! :D

Awol

Postby Awol » Wed Jan 07, 2009 4:16 am

What is the best free or cheap Atari ST hard disk driver that will work with UltraSatan?

HDDRIVER is $60! I don't want to pay that much for software, especially since I will be spending enough money already on UltraSatan itself instead!
1040STE: 4MB RAM, TOS 2.06
Formerly Grey_and_Purple.

Jookie
Hardware Guru
Hardware Guru

Postby Jookie » Wed Jan 07, 2009 6:52 am

Grey_and_Purple wrote:What is the best free or cheap Atari ST hard disk driver that will work with UltraSatan?

I will check the ICD drivers (SCSITOOLS) in the next few days, and if someone has a hint with what other driver he wants to use, I can try than (and fix that if needed). But I don't if the other drivers can handle the media change during the run (but if they can handle CD-ROMs, then they probably can).

Jookie

thorsten_guenther

Postby thorsten_guenther » Wed Jan 07, 2009 7:20 am

Jookie wrote:
Grey_and_Purple wrote:What is the best free or cheap Atari ST hard disk driver that will work with UltraSatan?

I will check the ICD drivers (SCSITOOLS) in the next few days, and if someone has a hint with what other driver he wants to use, I can try than (and fix that if needed). But I don't if the other drivers can handle the media change during the run (but if they can handle CD-ROMs, then they probably can).

Errrmm. CD-ROMs are a totally different cup of tea on the ST, you'll need MetaDOS, .BOS drivers etc. to make the ST work with them.

The UltraSatan is connected and handled as a removable hard drive like the Atari Megafile 44 by the ST. You may also want to try whether AHDI 6.061 (I keep an archive containing it and some other tools for hd use http://www.dilgar.de/ahdi6061.zip or CBHD 5.02 (to be found at nic.funet.fi, among other archives) cope with it, for these are free drivers.

Thorsten

Rygar
Atariator
Atariator

Postby Rygar » Wed Jan 07, 2009 10:56 am

MiggyMog wrote:I just hope the stinky GBP does not plummit too much further (As if) between now and when payments are taken.

I need to buy a few Acorns from UK so I hope that the GBP DOES plummit for 1-2 months, since i pay with euros. :mrgreen:

Shredder11
Fuji Shaped Bastard
Fuji Shaped Bastard

Postby Shredder11 » Wed Jan 07, 2009 3:17 pm

At the risk of sounding dumb, does this new UltraSatan require that you already have a ACSI to SCSI interface such as a Link II etc? If this is so, it will mean I cannot have a UltraSatan... 8O :cry:

Social Media

Return to “News & Announcements”