Book project "The Crackers" - Let's make this happen

Latest news in the Atari world

Moderators: Mug UK, Silver Surfer, Moderator Team

theimann
Retro freak
Retro freak

Book project "The Crackers" - Let's make this happen

Postby theimann » Tue Mar 17, 2020 11:57 am

TL;DR: I'm doubling every donation to MICROZEIT publishing up to a sum of 500 Euros to make "The Crackers" happen.

Hi,

If you're following Marco's updates regarding his new Atari book project "The Crackers" you might have learned that he needs financial support to make this happen. I've enjoyed his first three books very much, and I'd be thrilled to see a fourth book on the ST cracking scene. This topic is close to my heart since I spent hours (as a 10-year old) watching cracktros and imagining that one day I might be able to learn this magic myself. This is what brought me to tech.

Unfortunately small-scale publishing is not a very rewarding engagement as far as the financial aspect goes. Still I really, really want to hold this book in my hands, and I hope to see even more stuff being published about the Atari ST and its scene.

I've made a donation that I hope will make a difference, and I'm offering to double every donation that YOU make, up to a total of 500 Euros. If you reference "tomster" in your donation I will get in touch with Marco to check on the amount that has been donated, and double it (up to 500 Euros in total). Please consider helping if you can afford it, even a small amount will do (and will have double impact!).

If you're not subscribed to Marco's newsletter you can do so here: https://www.microzeit.com/contact/subscribe/

Cheers
tomster

nada-san
Obsessive compulsive Atari behavior

Re: Book project "The Crackers" - Let's make this happen

Postby nada-san » Tue Mar 17, 2020 1:37 pm

Hey guys,

here is the link to my Newsletter where you can make the donation. Only 5 Euros would make the deal :!:
https://mailchi.mp/162374e43cff/the-crackers-deal-4766950

Thanks you so much!
Marco / Microzeit
https://www.microzeit.com/
The Atari ST and the Creative People

AtariFan
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Postby AtariFan » Tue Mar 17, 2020 9:15 pm

If you reference "tomster" in your donation I will get in touch with Marco to check on the amount that has been donated, and double it (up to 500 Euros in total).

I donated 25 Euro today and just read your thread, so couldn't mention the reference :( .

theimann
Retro freak
Retro freak

Postby theimann » Wed Mar 18, 2020 5:51 am

AtariFan wrote:I donated 25 Euro today and just read your thread, so couldn't mention the reference :( .

No worries, I got you.

Zippy
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Postby Zippy » Wed Mar 18, 2020 10:22 am

Is there any possibility for a small re-print of volume 1 of Breakin' the Borders just to match the numbers you have remaining of volume 2 and 3, so you could sell only the complete sets?

I'd buy a few complete trilogy sets to give away to friends, to support the new book. Might even be worth doing another fast indiegogo for complete sets of the original series, to fund the re-print of volume 1, to ultimately fund the new book. Of course if you only have a few volume 2/3 remaining it wouldn't be worth it, but if you have a lot maybe it could be.

nada-san

Postby nada-san » Wed Mar 18, 2020 10:37 am

Zippy wrote:Is there any possibility for a small re-print of volume 1 of Breakin' the Borders just to match the numbers you have remaining of volume 2 and 3, so you could sell only the complete sets?

I'd buy a few complete trilogy sets to give away to friends, to support the new book. Might even be worth doing another fast indiegogo for complete sets of the original series, to fund the re-print of volume 1, to ultimately fund the new book. Of course if you only have a few volume 2/3 remaining it wouldn't be worth it, but if you have a lot maybe it could be.

Well, this sounds all too tempting, and I surely have a decent stock! But it would need a reprint of at least 500 books which will be quite expensive and only possible with another crowdfunding. The printers are not printing under 500. But the result would be that I could only sell 200 trilogys, because I have 200 times vol. 2 left. 400 times vol. 3 btw.

It’s not what I would do. If I would do a reprint I want to rework the book. It really needs to. The translation on some parts have to be bettered and I even want to add more pages. These ideas are lying on the table since a long time. Volume 1 should be an extended edition afterwards. :!:

Don’t worry, The Crackers book will start at Indiegogo very soon and I will update you here! :coffe:

Altstar
Retro freak
Retro freak

Postby Altstar » Wed Mar 18, 2020 11:15 am

I donated 25 Euro today and I'll buy the book once it's out!

alienkidmj12
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Postby alienkidmj12 » Wed Mar 18, 2020 1:55 pm

this sounds so cool. i hope to see this book also. I will definately be donating end of month for this.

JeanMars
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Postby JeanMars » Wed Mar 18, 2020 5:47 pm

Hey,

I'd like to participate, as I don't have a palpal account, I asked my bank to allow a german IBAN for transferring money. This may take a couple of days+another couple of days to register the IBAN.
Is there another way (credit card would be my best choice)?

Cheers,
Jean

nada-san

Postby nada-san » Wed Mar 18, 2020 6:03 pm

JeanMars wrote:Hey,

I'd like to participate, as I don't have a palpal account, I asked my bank to allow a german IBAN for transferring money. This may take a couple of days+another couple of days to register the IBAN.
Is there another way (credit card would be my best choice)?

Cheers,
Jean

Doesn’t seem to be possible with my credit card. :shrug:
But you normally need to use the BIC-number if you want to pay to foreign countrys. At least what I know...

Best,
Marco / Microzeit

JeanMars
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Postby JeanMars » Wed Mar 18, 2020 6:14 pm

Hi Marco,

my bank (LCL) doesn't allow me to use a BIC for a money transfer, only IBAN.
Should work BTW, just need more patience :-)

Atari74user
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Postby Atari74user » Wed Mar 18, 2020 10:28 pm

Done, with thanks! Your anthology to date has been enjoyable and respectfully priced for hard back editions.

Noted the reference tomster!

:cheers:
Atari Falcon 14mb, 68882, Dual 8gb CF, Steinberg FDI & Analog 8
Atari Jaguar, Rotary controller, Skunkboard & Cat Box
Atari 520STFM 4mb, TOS 2.06 switcher, OverScan, GigaFile, PARCP-USB, Unicorn-USB, System Solutions MiniS HD, SyQuest drives, ICD Link II, PhatBoy MIDI Controller, Philip Rees 5M MIDI merge box, SoundPool MO4, Steinberg MIDEX, SMP II, Emagic Log 3, C-Lab Unitor 2, Combiner & Export expanders

nada-san

Postby nada-san » Fri Mar 20, 2020 4:05 pm

Great! Great! Just waiting on some pending transfers. But it’s looking good already. Starting to prepare the project... :contract:

Stay healthy
:cheers:

Zippy
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Postby Zippy » Sat Mar 21, 2020 1:51 pm

I'll order a few volume 2/3 bundles and put them away in hope for a volume 1 re-print one day. :)

Or if anyone has a volume 1 for sale please let me know.

Social Media

Return to “News & Announcements”