Couple TT hardware questions (UltraSatan, TOM, and NetUSBee)

Hardware, coding, music, graphic and various applications

Moderators: Mug UK, moondog/.tSCc., [ProToS], lp, Moderator Team

LuigiThirty
Atari maniac
Atari maniac

Couple TT hardware questions (UltraSatan, TOM, and NetUSBee)

Postby LuigiThirty » Thu Feb 28, 2019 1:45 am

My TT arrived and I'm very happy. I have an UltraSatan hooked up to the ACSI port for now. I've also got a NetUSBee cartridge and a TOM+ USB mouse adapter.

If I have the TOM+ plugged in when I power up the TT, the keyboard no longer works. It gets power (the TOM lights up) but neither the keyboard or mouse do anything until I power cycle the computer.

Additionally, when I boot up the TT, the AUTO utility that reads the UltraSatan's clock and sets the TT's RTC accordingly says it can't find the UltraSatan. The UltraSatan's working fine though - I'm booting from it right now. My NetUSBee cartridge also doesn't work on my TT. It claims to have no MAC address.

All of these work properly on my 1040STF. It seems like this could be a power supply problem I'm not sure how I can test that it's working properly.

Frank B
Atari God
Atari God

Re: Couple TT hardware questions (UltraSatan, TOM, and NetUSBee)

Postby Frank B » Thu Feb 28, 2019 6:16 am

I see the same issue with the clock loader and set on the TT. The same utrasatan works fine on other machines. The clock utilities don't
seem to work on the TT.

stormy
Atari Super Hero
Atari Super Hero

Postby stormy » Thu Feb 28, 2019 8:26 am

I've seen another post where people have had trouble with netusbee and the TT. I think it is down to motherboard revisions though. Also why set the clock from the ultrasatan anyway, the TT has its own clock.
Falcon CT60e 060 - 256mb ram - Phantom bus and DSP accelerated // Atari TT - Thunder and Storm IDE 64mb ram - Lightning VME - USB LAN - ATI Mach64 2mb

tuxie
Atari freak
Atari freak

Postby tuxie » Thu Feb 28, 2019 12:05 pm

Take Thunder, Storm and Lightning and all this will solve your problems ^^

LuigiThirty
Atari maniac
Atari maniac

Postby LuigiThirty » Thu Feb 28, 2019 6:30 pm

mzry wrote:I've seen another post where people have had trouble with netusbee and the TT. I think it is down to motherboard revisions though. Also why set the clock from the ultrasatan anyway, the TT has its own clock.

Not if there’s no battery. I need to find a replacement for it.

stormy
Atari Super Hero
Atari Super Hero

Postby stormy » Thu Feb 28, 2019 8:30 pm

You can still get them brand new from electronics sellers like farnell
Falcon CT60e 060 - 256mb ram - Phantom bus and DSP accelerated // Atari TT - Thunder and Storm IDE 64mb ram - Lightning VME - USB LAN - ATI Mach64 2mb

Fletch
Atari maniac
Atari maniac

Postby Fletch » Thu Feb 28, 2019 9:03 pm

My TT sometimes works with my NetUsbee, sometimes not. I find that if I plug another cartridge into the port, reboot with that. Remove that cart and reinstall the NetUsbee that it often will then work.

My cartridge port is finicky in general though. I used to be able to use my Spectre GCR with my TT, but now it crashes whenever that cart is installed.

LuigiThirty
Atari maniac
Atari maniac

Postby LuigiThirty » Fri Mar 01, 2019 4:41 am

Hijacking my own thread, but I’m trying to get MiNT running on the TT. I’m having some trouble with it. I extracted the latest MiNT beta to my boot drive (a 512MB BGM partition) and put mint030.prg in my AUTO folder along with NVDI 5. It gets as far as starting XaAES (I have no desktop set up in the conf in the interest of getting at least a shell booting) and then it crashes with a memory violation. I disabled memory protection and I get an illegal instruction instead. Is 16MB not enough memory for a clean install?

I’m supposed to use NVDI 5 with MiNT, right?

susher
Atari maniac
Atari maniac

Postby susher » Sun Mar 03, 2019 6:16 pm

I've a Jerry unit and I think that it draws too much power so the keyboard processor doesn't boot. If you plug it in after powering up the machine everything's fine.

susher
Atari maniac
Atari maniac

Postby susher » Sun Mar 03, 2019 6:17 pm

Fletch wrote:My TT sometimes works with my NetUsbee, sometimes not. I find that if I plug another cartridge into the port, reboot with that. Remove that cart and reinstall the NetUsbee that it often will then work.

My cartridge port is finicky in general though. I used to be able to use my Spectre GCR with my TT, but now it crashes whenever that cart is installed.

I've never had any luck with my Spectre GCR on my TT, even when both were new, similarly the NetUSBee doesn't work.

susher
Atari maniac
Atari maniac

Postby susher » Sun Mar 03, 2019 6:19 pm

LuigiThirty wrote:
mzry wrote:I've seen another post where people have had trouble with netusbee and the TT. I think it is down to motherboard revisions though. Also why set the clock from the ultrasatan anyway, the TT has its own clock.

Not if there’s no battery. I need to find a replacement for it.

I just put together a 4x AAA battery holder, soldering the original battery pack lead to it and velco'd it onto the rear bulkhead where the original battery pack went. Works a charm and is cheap.

Social Media

Return to “Professionals”