The game is on (can we make MiNT/TOS this pretty?)

Hardware, coding, music, graphic and various applications

Moderators: Mug UK, moondog/.tSCc., [ProToS], lp, Moderator Team

jfl
Atari Super Hero
Atari Super Hero

Re: The game is on (can we make MiNT/TOS this pretty?)

Postby jfl » Sun Oct 01, 2017 7:03 am

OL wrote:No I was thinking to a famous guy at FCSA that wrote so many message if you see what I want to said!

If I may intervene here: Olivier is speaking of an (ex) Atari programmer who is obviously mentally disturbed and who has been flooding the Atari French Usenet group with nonsense for years. That lunatic seems to have a personal hatred of Olivier.

And a quick comment on the nature of MyAES' closeness: Olivier gave me access a few years ago to the CVS without me asking for it simply because I reported a few bugs. I've seen more closed projects :wink:
Jean-François
GEMDict – GEMClip

leech
Atari Super Hero
Atari Super Hero

Postby leech » Sun Oct 01, 2017 7:48 am

jfl wrote:
FatRakoon wrote:I am unsure that we will have the ability to make the Atari look like the Amiga Desktops.

Good grief. Who would want to do that?

One thing that is wonderous about Atari ST Desktops vs Amiga is how directories work. The fact that each folder opens a new window on the Amiga is both useful and annoying at the same time.
Atari 8Bits: 800xl, 600xl, XEGS, 800, 130xe, 130xe (fully upgraded (soon!))
Atari STs: 1040STf (broken shifter), 1040STe, Mega STe, TT030, Falcon (CT60e, SuperVidel)

wongck
Ultimate Atarian
Ultimate Atarian

Postby wongck » Sun Oct 01, 2017 9:55 am

leech wrote:
jfl wrote:
FatRakoon wrote:I am unsure that we will have the ability to make the Atari look like the Amiga Desktops.

One thing that is wonderous about Atari ST Desktops vs Amiga is how directories work. The fact that each folder opens a new window on the Amiga is both useful and annoying at the same time.

Great news for those who wants to...
they can start by taping down the ALT key and double click on folders to get a new window LOL :lol:
Sorry only tos 2,06 and above applies.
My Stuff: FB/Falcon CT63+CTPCI_ATI_RTL8139 14+512MB 30GB HDD CF HxC_SD/ TT030 68882 4+32MB 520MB Nova/ 520STFM 4MB Tos206 SCSI
Shared SCSI Bus:ScsiLink ethernet, 9GB HDD,SD-reader @ http://phsw.atari.org
My Atari stuff for sale - click here for list

FatRakoon
Atari Super Hero
Atari Super Hero

Postby FatRakoon » Sun Oct 01, 2017 2:07 pm

jfl wrote:

Well, no, Im not saying that I would want to do it.

I also did say that I like it minimal.

I use Linux as my main O/S on a PC, and while I do love KDE, I also like BlackBox too. I like my Atari Desktop as it is. Couple of Icons around the border, and lots of real estate in the middle of the screen, broken only by the Jinnee logo.

I will however admit, that while I have collected many many icons over the years, I have NEVER been happy with the Icons I have.
MSTE @ 16Mhz : 4MB+8MB : Magic & Jinnee
TT030 @ 32Mhz : 10+16MB : Magic & Jinnee
Falcon060 @ 95Mhz : 16+512MB : MiNT & Jinnee
More PCs than PC World has... Probably

leech
Atari Super Hero
Atari Super Hero

Postby leech » Sun Oct 01, 2017 3:33 pm

That is one thing the Amiga has never been surpassed in, Icons. The way they were handled from even the earliest days of workbench, was extremely customizable with no single size standard. Though again, this is a good and bad thing.
Atari 8Bits: 800xl, 600xl, XEGS, 800, 130xe, 130xe (fully upgraded (soon!))
Atari STs: 1040STf (broken shifter), 1040STe, Mega STe, TT030, Falcon (CT60e, SuperVidel)

Social Media

Return to “Professionals”