XaAES doesnt start

Hardware, coding, music, graphic and various applications

Moderators: Mug UK, moondog/.tSCc., [ProToS], lp, Moderator Team

jury
Obsessive compulsive Atari behavior

XaAES doesnt start

Postby jury » Thu Jan 26, 2017 12:20 pm

EasyMiNT 1.9 installation with Thing replaced by Teradesk 4.06 worked for some time pretty good, but lately when I tried to start it, XaAES stops loading at message "mounting network volumes" forever ( one time I left this for couple of hours and when came back it was still displying this message )
XA_BOOT.LOG shows whats on attached screen xaaes_log.jpg
When tried to start XALOADER.PRG from TOS I get whats on xaloader.jpg
Why XaAES doesnt load?

Auto folder: mint060.prg, sv_xbios.prg, nvdi(5.03).prg, wdialog.prg ( no need to point me that its not needed in MiNT, I know, but its needed in TOS and I have never had any problems with it in MiNT, so I load it always istead of changing its extention)
ACC: cops
CPX: ct60conf
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Cyprian
Atari God
Atari God

Re: XaAES doesnt start

Postby Cyprian » Thu Jan 26, 2017 12:37 pm

kiedy palimy?
Jaugar / TT030 / Mega STe / 800 XL / 1040 STe / Falcon030 / 65 XE / 520 STm / SM124 / SC1435
SDrive / PAK68/3 / CosmosEx / SatanDisk / UltraSatan / USB Floppy Drive Emulator / Eiffel / SIO2PC / Crazy Dots / PAM Net
Hatari / Aranym / Steem / Saint
http://260ste.appspot.com/

joska
Fuji Shaped Bastard
Fuji Shaped Bastard

Postby joska » Thu Jan 26, 2017 12:50 pm

jury wrote:wdialog.prg ( no need to point me that its not needed in MiNT, I know, but its needed in TOS and I have never had any problems with it in MiNT, so I load it always istead of changing its extention)

Then I will not point out that it might be a good idea to start with disabling wdialog. I won't even point out that the developers themselves clearly states that wdialog is made for plain TOS, nor that wdialog adds functionality to the AES by hooking into the AES trap.

Also, could you please post the actual error message you get when booting? The standard EasyMiNT boot scripts will mount any network volumes before XaAES is even loaded, so if it hangs there I'd suspect the problem is not in XaAES. Have you tried to replace the current "INIT=..." in mint.cnf with a "GEM=c:/mint/1-19-cur/xaaes/xaloader.prg" to start XaAES directly and not from init? What happens if you enable memory protection?
Jo Even

Firebee - Falcon060 - Milan060 - Falcon040 - MIST - Mega ST - STM - STE - Amiga 600 - Sharp MZ700 - MSX - Amstrad CPC - C64

mfro
Atari Super Hero
Atari Super Hero

Postby mfro » Fri Jan 27, 2017 6:44 am

As it appears it hangs on trying to access a network resource (which is something definitely outside XaAES and not shown in your screenshots): did you ever try to just hit CTRL-C there?

jury

Postby jury » Fri Jan 27, 2017 11:17 am

Yes, I tried CTRL-C, but nothing happened.

@Cyprian
Yes, we finally need to meet! :)

joska wrote:Also, could you please post the actual error message you get when booting? The standard EasyMiNT boot scripts will mount any network volumes before XaAES is even loaded, so if it hangs there I'd suspect the problem is not in XaAES. Have you tried to replace the current "INIT=..." in mint.cnf with a "GEM=c:/mint/1-19-cur/xaaes/xaloader.prg" to start XaAES directly and not from init? What happens if you enable memory protection?

Sorry, I was not clear. There is no error message. When trying to:
- boot 'normal' way, through INIT=/sbin/init it hangs with this message "mounting network volumes" forever
- boot INIT=GEM and then start XALOADER.PRG manually it displays whats on the attached xaloader.jpg ending with message "Reading "...XAAES/XAAES.CNF ... 28393 bytes done"
So no error message at any case.
But news is that yesterday when tried to start it like lets say 8 times, 4 times XAAES with Teradesk finally loaded, but only one time it worked fine. Other 3 times I had no working keyboard. Well, it was working, but it was keypressing space key forever. When I started standard TOS ( bypassing MiNT ) the keyboard was working fine. After a reboot and starting MiNT ( with INIT=GEM or INIT=.../XALOADER.PRG ) the keyboard was busy typing space key all the time :/

mikro
Atari Super Hero
Atari Super Hero

Postby mikro » Fri Jan 27, 2017 1:41 pm

Just for the record, you should use GEM=<path>/xaloader, not INIT. INIT is for the unix init process.

Social Media

Return to “Professionals”