Hardware, coding, music, graphic and various applications

Moderators: Mug UK, moondog/.tSCc., [ProToS], lp, Moderator Team

yungjoon
Obsessive compulsive Atari behavior

How to revive a nearly dead falcon ?

Postby yungjoon » Mon Nov 24, 2014 2:56 pm

My falcon is nearly dead. Yellow_Colorz_PDT_41

I tried everything I could after having read posts and posts on different forums. The only thing I can't do is electronic repair.

Originally it was a CT63 config but I set it to stock config. I get a white screen, no boot with/without disk (floppy, ide, scsi), even with a new nvram.

Is there someone who is able to repair a falcon in this world ?

If not, I am afraid that a CT63 will be on sale, Bye bye cubase audio 060... Yellow_Colorz_PDT_37

exxos
Fuji Shaped Bastard
Fuji Shaped Bastard

Re: How to revive a nearly dead falcon ?

Postby exxos » Mon Nov 24, 2014 3:11 pm

yungjoon wrote:My falcon is nearly dead. Yellow_Colorz_PDT_41

I tried everything I could after having read posts and posts on different forums. The only thing I can't do is electronic repair.

Originally it was a CT63 config but I set it to stock config. I get a white screen, no boot with/without disk (floppy, ide, scsi), even with a new nvram.

Is there someone who is able to repair a falcon in this world ?

If not, I am afraid that a CT63 will be on sale, Bye bye cubase audio 060... Yellow_Colorz_PDT_37

Are you coverclocking it ? most people claim 72-75mhz with the rev1 CPU. I never got it stable past 66mhz.
4MB STFM 1.44 FD- VELOCE+ 020 STE - Falcon 030 CT60 - Atari 2600 - Atari 7800 - Gigafile - SD Floppy Emulator - PeST - various clutter

http://www.exxoshost.co.uk/atari/ All my hardware guides - mods - games - STOS
http://www.exxoshost.co.uk/atari/last/storenew/ - All my hardware mods for sale - Please help support by making a purchase.
http://ataristeven.exxoshost.co.uk/Steem.htm Latest Steem Emulator

paul92706
Atari God
Atari God

Postby paul92706 » Mon Nov 24, 2014 3:48 pm

I am guilty of having same problem :lol: There are shortkeys you must apply at power on, they are Control or Alternate keys before Atari Logo at power on. Press and hold Control or Alternate before Atari Logo and at good moment, took me a few hours :oops:
Atari Falcon CT60/CTPCI 14MB+ 512mb ATI9250 + NetUSBee
Atari Falcon030 CF 4gb + NetUSBee+ 14MB Ram
Atari TT030 2meg STRAM/16meg TTRAM + Nova Adaptor +Maxtor SCSI HD + DaynaPort Pocket SCSI

Dal
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Dal » Mon Nov 24, 2014 4:07 pm

When you removed the ct63, did you place the jumper back on the bus connector nearest the front of the machine? The jumper location is marked with a white box around the two pins concerned.
STE: Desktopper case, IDE interface, UltraSatan (8GB + 512Mb) + HXC floppy emulator. Plus some STE's/STFM's

yungjoon

Postby yungjoon » Tue Nov 25, 2014 8:24 am

Damn! I forgot the jumper... Yellow_Hot_Colorz_PDT_01

Thanks DAL !

- I set it and my stock falcon rebooted again !

- I replugged the CT board, 030 mode was ok, but I got a wrong resolution (15KHz, black screen...) on my VGA screen.

- I tried several restarts, switch on/off, reset,... no success

- I believed I let my hand on space bar before switching it on and the CT boot mode appeared again ! YES (explanation?).

Now, I still have some problems:

- crash after TT memory test (need to try other memory modules)

- ACE midi freeze after loading (DSP issue ? How can I test the DSP? I already performed the pre-boot tests and it was ok)

I don't think the falcon is stable. I must do some tests to be sure (nvram status?).

Thanks for all your replies.

Social Media

Return to “Professionals”