Ultimate Atarian
Ultimate Atarian

Re: PH Gmap - Google maps, Street View, Routes, GPX & more

Postby wongck » Thu Oct 18, 2012 5:14 am

Released PH Gmap
1. German translation !! :D
2. Supports MagiC with MagXnet !!

Get it from https://sites.google.com/site/probehouse/download
My Stuff: FB/Falcon CT63+CTPCI ATI R7500 14+512MB 30GB HDD CF HxC_SD EtherNEC/ TT030 68882 4+32MB 520MB Nova/ 520STFM 4MB Tos206 SCSI
Shared SCSI Bus:ScsiLink ethernet, 9GB HDD,SD-reader @ http://phsw.atari.org
My Atari stuff for sale - click here for list

AtFaCT
Atari nerd
Atari nerd

Postby AtFaCT » Sat Oct 20, 2012 7:15 pm

Hi WongCK,

PH GMap rocks! I like this kind of very effective interface without ballast. Thank you so much for such a great app.

And I´ve got two questions:

a) In the route window, you can choose a route colour. If I close the opened colour box, not only the area for this box is redrawn, at least under MagiC. The area on the right side and below the box also flickers. Can you reproduce that under MiNT?

b) What do you think about supporting iconify. Since GMap has no menu, this would be very much appreciated. Of course, I´d make some nice iconify icons :) And if you like, for each map another one :D

By the way, I´ve sent you a PM with new icon sets, as well for PH Weather :wink:

Best regards,
AtFaCT

wongck
Ultimate Atarian
Ultimate Atarian

Postby wongck » Sun Oct 21, 2012 1:24 am

Thnaks for your kind word on PH Gmap.
AtFaCT wrote:a) In the route window, you can choose a route colour. If I close the opened colour box, not only the area for this box is redrawn, at least under MagiC. The area on the right side and below the box also flickers. Can you reproduce that under MiNT?

This is because it uses the Form_dial() functions provided by the AES. This function automatic save the area for redraw after the dialog is closed. The area is typically 1/4 the same of the window. So you are seeing that the function redraws the entire 1/4 space. I am surprise because MagiC does smart redraws and should have only used the area of the dialogue box (this information is passed to that function).

AtFaCT wrote:b) What do you think about supporting iconify. Since GMap has no menu, this would be very much appreciated. Of course, I´d make some nice iconify icons :) And if you like, for each map another one :D

Sure would be nice to have the windows in the icon, it does open a few of them at run time. I will make this change after getting the rest (ph clock & ph weather) working in MagiC.

AtFaCT wrote:By the way, I´ve sent you a PM with new icon sets, as well for PH Weather :wink:

Got it thanks.
My Stuff: FB/Falcon CT63+CTPCI ATI R7500 14+512MB 30GB HDD CF HxC_SD EtherNEC/ TT030 68882 4+32MB 520MB Nova/ 520STFM 4MB Tos206 SCSI

AtFaCT
Atari nerd
Atari nerd

Postby AtFaCT » Sun Oct 21, 2012 9:17 am

wongck wrote:This is because it uses the Form_dial() functions provided by the AES. This function automatic save the area for redraw after the dialog is closed. The area is typically 1/4 the same of the window. So you are seeing that the function redraws the entire 1/4 space. I am surprise because MagiC does smart redraws and should have only used the area of the dialogue box (this information is passed to that function).

Since a part of the desktop is also redrawn, it seems that MagiC thinks the box takes up much more space. At least, upper and left borders are okay. Could you imagine why?

wongck wrote:Sure would be nice to have the windows in the icon, it does open a few of them at run time. I will make this change after getting the rest (ph clock & ph weather) working in MagiC.

Fantastic! Tell me when you´re ready. I´ll need to know how many iconify icons you´d like to use.

wongck
Ultimate Atarian
Ultimate Atarian

Postby wongck » Sun Oct 21, 2012 10:43 am

Not sure why. I think both MagiC and Mint behave the same.

When I am finish with the other 2 proggies I will inform you. But you may also already know if you see me making announcements about them. :wink:

AtFaCT
Atari nerd
Atari nerd

Postby AtFaCT » Sun Oct 21, 2012 3:29 pm

wongck wrote:Not sure why. I think both MagiC and Mint behave the same.

When I am finish with the other 2 proggies I will inform you. But you may also already know if you see me making announcements about them. :wink:

Thanks. It´s even worse, though. GMap sometimes crashes with a 68000 exception after closing the colour box (by clicking outside the box). Especially if I do nothing more than start GMap, open the route window and open and close the colour box.

wongck
Ultimate Atarian
Ultimate Atarian

Postby wongck » Sun Oct 21, 2012 4:12 pm

AtFaCT wrote: GMap sometimes crashes with a 68000 exception after closing the colour box (by clicking outside the box). Especially if I do nothing more than start GMap, open the route window and open and close the colour box.

When you change the colour, PH Gmap will change the actual map if you're on markers or re-paint the route if you're on GPX file.
Both are different mechanism, which one are you using?
I am not sure if it is because there is no map, while it is expecting a map.
This is in MagiC, right ?

wongck
Ultimate Atarian
Ultimate Atarian

Postby wongck » Mon Oct 22, 2012 1:52 pm

Not a new release but PH GMap now has a new logo and icon set !!
Easily identify it on your desktop with the new icons.
Get it from the same web site as before.

AtFaCT
Atari nerd
Atari nerd

Postby AtFaCT » Mon Oct 22, 2012 5:55 pm

wongck wrote:
AtFaCT wrote: GMap sometimes crashes with a 68000 exception after closing the colour box (by clicking outside the box). Especially if I do nothing more than start GMap, open the route window and open and close the colour box.

When you change the colour, PH Gmap will change the actual map if you're on markers or re-paint the route if you're on GPX file.
Both are different mechanism, which one are you using?
I am not sure if it is because there is no map, while it is expecting a map.
This is in MagiC, right ?

I tested GMap 2.00 under MiNT 1.17, too. I can see there the same redraw problem as under MagiC. Open the route window above a directory desktop window. After closing the colour box, the desktop icons in the directory window flicker. Another problem: Quitting GMap results in a memory violation. Surprisingly, version 1.91 doesn´t seem to have these two issues.

Since I made all tests without internet connection, there was no map opened (in the popup configuation menu, Road Map was selected).

By the way, under MagiC and MiNT, the route window is always completely redrawn after the colour box has been closed. You wrote, however, the function redrew the entire 1/4 space.

wongck
Ultimate Atarian
Ultimate Atarian

Postby wongck » Mon Oct 22, 2012 10:39 pm

AtFaCT wrote:By the way, under MagiC and MiNT, the route window is always completely redrawn after the colour box has been closed. You wrote, however, the function redrew the entire 1/4 space.

This behaviour is correct. An entire redraw of the window is called.
The 1/4 is a generic behaviour of AES storing the screen for redraw by the dialog function.
(This amount may be different by Mint/MagiC AES. The 1/4 is under GEM but the general idea remains).
Here I called the redraw of entire window because it is the best way to update the colours bar.

So I am thinking that there may be 2 redraws for this, one when the colour dialog is removed and then the entire window redraw when the colour bar change.
May be this is too much. Only 1 redraw is needed. :roll:

wongck
Ultimate Atarian
Ultimate Atarian

Postby wongck » Mon Oct 22, 2012 11:14 pm

AtFaCT wrote:I tested GMap 2.00 under MiNT 1.17, too. I can see there the same redraw problem as under MagiC. Open the route window above a directory desktop window. After closing the colour box, the desktop icons in the directory window flicker. Another problem: Quitting GMap results in a memory violation. Surprisingly, version 1.91 doesn´t seem to have these two issues.

Is this the GMAp 2.0 from 21 Oct ?
There was something wrong with both phclock and ph gmap build that affected both by crashing in the previous release. I am not sure what it was, so rebuild both of them. I guess it was pointing to wrong library or some modules was build wrongly mixed architecture.
Ph clock don't seems to crash any more and ph gmap when I tested on MP mode was OK. I have not tested on Magic yet ( I have an issue with MagiC on my Falcon, only works with Videl so not enough colours).

I updated the ph gmap download archives last night on my web site( but not uploaded for ph clock yet).

AtFaCT
Atari nerd
Atari nerd

Postby AtFaCT » Wed Oct 24, 2012 6:27 pm

wongck wrote:Is this the GMAp 2.0 from 21 Oct ?
There was something wrong with both phclock and ph gmap build that affected both by crashing in the previous release. I am not sure what it was, so rebuild both of them. I guess it was pointing to wrong library or some modules was build wrongly mixed architecture.
Ph clock don't seems to crash any more and ph gmap when I tested on MP mode was OK. I have not tested on Magic yet ( I have an issue with MagiC on my Falcon, only works with Videl so not enough colours).

I updated the ph gmap download archives last night on my web site( but not uploaded for ph clock yet).
Well done! No crashes, no flickering at all. You did it. :cheers: Now I can't stand waiting to run the MagiC-compatible PHClock :D

While testing your great GMap, this raises some other questions:

a) In PH GMap's route window, there is a red frame around the R of Route colour. What is it for?

b) My icon sets contain an icon for a configuration file. Can anything be saved in PH GMap? What about your other new PH Software apps? Do they use config files?

By the way, if I can help you to install MagiC, don´t hesitate to ask. MagiC works perfectly on a CT60/63.

wongck
Ultimate Atarian
Ultimate Atarian

Postby wongck » Wed Oct 24, 2012 11:21 pm

AtFaCT wrote:Well done! No crashes, no flickering at all. You did it. :cheers: Now I can't stand waiting to run the MagiC-compatible PHClock :D

Don't really know the reason for the crashes, as I just did a full rebuild.
Phclock should be out by the weekend if nothing bad happens.

AtFaCT wrote:a) In PH GMap's route window, there is a red frame around the R of Route colour. What is it for?

I don't know, was it in the RSC ? I never draw any frame around any characters.

AtFaCT wrote:b) My icon sets contain an icon for a configuration file. Can anything be saved in PH GMap? What about your other new PH Software apps? Do they use config files?

I suppose to save tons of things. I saw an issue with PH News Feed on saving files on Magic, it was fixed. So I will take a look at it, probably the same issue. I may forget to fix this in PH Gmap.

AtFaCT wrote:By the way, if I can help you to install MagiC, don´t hesitate to ask. MagiC works perfectly on a CT60/63.

Thanks but now my Falcon CT63 is testing with new firmware and RTL PCI network adapter. It is not working ( the network). I need to put everything back together again ( I removed the HDD in case it get corruption ). This is the reason also why software developement is slower than normal :wink:

wongck
Ultimate Atarian
Ultimate Atarian

Postby wongck » Wed Oct 24, 2012 11:23 pm

sorry double post. Did the delete trick but did not work.
Last edited by wongck on Wed Oct 24, 2012 11:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

wongck
Ultimate Atarian
Ultimate Atarian

Postby wongck » Wed Oct 24, 2012 11:23 pm

sorry triple post. again the delete trick did not work.

AtFaCT
Atari nerd
Atari nerd

Postby AtFaCT » Fri Oct 26, 2012 9:24 am

wongck wrote:Phclock should be out by the weekend if nothing bad happens.

Great :D

wongck wrote:
AtFaCT wrote:a) In PH GMap's route window, there is a red frame around the R of Route colour. What is it for?

I don't know, was it in the RSC ? I never draw any frame around any characters.

Yes, it is. I´d say you should delete the red frame :wink:

wongck wrote:
AtFaCT wrote:b) My icon sets contain an icon for a configuration file. Can anything be saved in PH GMap? What about your other new PH Software apps? Do they use config files?

I suppose to save tons of things. I saw an issue with PH News Feed on saving files on Magic, it was fixed. So I will take a look at it, probably the same issue. I may forget to fix this in PH Gmap.

Good idea, never saw a config file for GMap. Is it supposed to be saved in the GMap or Home directory?

wongck wrote:
AtFaCT wrote:By the way, if I can help you to install MagiC, don´t hesitate to ask. MagiC works perfectly on a CT60/63.

Thanks but now my Falcon CT63 is testing with new firmware and RTL PCI network adapter. It is not working ( the network). I need to put everything back together again ( I removed the HDD in case it get corruption ). This is the reason also why software developement is slower than normal :wink:

Good Luck!

Latz
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Postby Latz » Fri Oct 26, 2012 4:20 pm

Hello WongCK,

with the latest PH GMaps, i get this error at start, with english or german resource:
"(phgmap): rsrc_gaddr: invalid pointer: 0(rsc=2018C34->201ACD8), type=0"

But program starts anyway and i could not find any other problem yet.

Latz
Falcon/CT60, 14+128 MB RAM, CTPCI/Radeon 9250,
EtherNeC, Carte Eiffel+LCD, 80GB IDE HD, DVD-RW.
Falcon/CT63, 4+128 MB RAM, CTPCI/Radeon 9250,
NetUSBee, Carte Eiffel+LCD, 40GB IDE HD, CD-RW.

wongck
Ultimate Atarian
Ultimate Atarian

Postby wongck » Sat Oct 27, 2012 3:20 am

I wonder what does this error means.
Does anyone knows ?

jfl
Atari Super Hero
Atari Super Hero

Postby jfl » Sat Oct 27, 2012 7:39 am

wongck wrote:I wonder what does this error means.
Does anyone knows ?

It looks like XaAES detected an invalid pointer :D I would trust the error message if I were you and check my code.
Jean-François
GEMDict – GEMClip

wongck
Ultimate Atarian
Ultimate Atarian

Postby wongck » Sat Oct 27, 2012 8:58 am

Ok I know what that's is now.
It means that there is one missing tree in the RSC file.
The icons for minimise window is missing in the current RSC.

I guess that the pointer is invalid because it is not there.... (would be better if it just says missing tree) :lol: :lol:
The program don't use these missing icons yet. The icon drawing code is in but are not called.

wongck
Ultimate Atarian
Ultimate Atarian

Postby wongck » Sat Oct 27, 2012 10:03 am

I updated PH GMap archive:
1. MagiC CFG file saving fix.
2. The new RSC with minimised windows icons. ( this fix rsc pointer message).

The map window has now a minimise button. Icon is drawn correctly in Mint but not in MagiC. I am not sure why.
until I find out why, I will leave out the minimise button from the rest of the windows.

helmut
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Postby helmut » Sat Oct 27, 2012 10:17 am

wongck wrote:Ok I know what that's is now.
It means that there is one missing tree in the RSC file.
The icons for minimise window is missing in the current RSC.

I guess that the pointer is invalid because it is not there.... (would be better if it just says missing tree) :lol: :lol:
The program don't use these missing icons yet. The icon drawing code is in but are not called.

It is missing in your case, but it could also be something else like corrupted rsc-structure. But as it is 0, it is likely it's missing.

Why do you call rsrc_gaddr for an object you don't use at all?

wongck
Ultimate Atarian
Ultimate Atarian

Postby wongck » Sat Oct 27, 2012 12:27 pm

helmut wrote:It is missing in your case, but it could also be something else like corrupted rsc-structure. But as it is 0, it is likely it's missing.
Why do you call rsrc_gaddr for an object you don't use at all?

Thanks Helmut for deciphering the error code. Now that you mention it, it is looking very logical.

The programs starts by getting all the address of the objects for later use.
I am hiding the minimise feature and did not use the new RSC in the release version previously.
Now the RSC contains the icon objects, so it is fine.
So it is not a real coding error but a SDLC problem ( or a lack of it :wink: )

wongck
Ultimate Atarian
Ultimate Atarian

Postby wongck » Mon Oct 29, 2012 2:40 pm

Not a new version but updated the RSC files ( removed that red square I-Box in route window).

AtFaCT
Atari nerd
Atari nerd

Postby AtFaCT » Sat Nov 03, 2012 12:41 pm

Hi WongCK,

New stuff for PH GMap (will be sent via PM):
- iconify icons for road, satellite, hybrid and terrain maps
- a general iconify icon

I´d suggest to use the four map icons for the main window, depending on which map is displayed. And the general icon could be used for all other windows. I think it doesn´t make sense to create icons for all kind of windows since primarily the main window is iconified. What do you think?

All iconify icons have a size of 96x96 pixels as this is supposed to be the maximum size for an iconified window, isn´t it? For smaller sizes, a clipping of the icon should be displayed. It would be great if, in contrary to the general icon, the map icons aren´t centered for smaller iconified windows but show a clipping beginning from the left upper corner (was a bit hard to create meaningful map icons for all sizes and colours).

If you like the icons, I´ll create monochrome and 16 colour versions, too.

Best regards,
AtFaCT

Social Media

Return to “Professionals”