PH Gmap - Google maps, Street View, Routes, GPX & more

Hardware, coding, music, graphic and various applications

Moderators: Mug UK, moondog/.tSCc., [ProToS], lp, Moderator Team

wongck
Ultimate Atarian
Ultimate Atarian

Re: PH Gmap - Google map viewer - with Routing & GPX support

Postby wongck » Fri Sep 14, 2012 12:19 pm

Latz wrote:- The "travel mode selecting-button" (rsc TREE004, obj. 14) is still displaying
the english words and NOT the translated ones from TREE006. The selection list itself (click on button)
is OK (german), but the selected option appears in button in english.

Ok, I briefly looked at this in my code.
It is being replaced by the actual text that is sent to Google for the travel mode.
That's why it is still in English.
I have modified the code to now use the RSC version of the text. So they show German now.

Also you will need to rename your RSC to phgmapde.rsc as it will select this RSC file if the language cookie is set to German.
This is a quick fix for Falcon, cookies are easier to read. :wink:
I have to find the code to read the rom headers in TT. :(
My Stuff: FB/Falcon CT63+CTPCI_ATI_RTL8139 14+512MB 30GB HDD CF HxC_SD/ TT030 68882 4+32MB 520MB Nova/ 520STFM 4MB Tos206 SCSI
Shared SCSI Bus:ScsiLink ethernet, 9GB HDD,SD-reader @ http://phsw.atari.org
My Atari stuff for sale - click here for list

wongck
Ultimate Atarian
Ultimate Atarian

Re: PH Gmap - Google maps, Street View, Routes, GPX & more

Postby wongck » Fri Sep 14, 2012 12:26 pm

BlankVector wrote:Unfortunately :
- the gdb I provide is severely outdated, I didn't finish to port the new ones to MiNT (a few new code has to be written)
- GCC 4.x has a bug when producing a.out debug information, it prevents using breakpoints 95% of the time and crashes gdb (works well with GCC 2.x). I have not investigated that.

:lol: I know why it did not work.... because you started in the wrong footing by using 4444....
In Chinese 4 sounds like die so we avoid using that number.
Make matter worst because you have 4 fours.... :roll:

yeah this is just superstitious.
My Stuff: FB/Falcon CT63+CTPCI_ATI_RTL8139 14+512MB 30GB HDD CF HxC_SD/ TT030 68882 4+32MB 520MB Nova/ 520STFM 4MB Tos206 SCSI

jfl
Atari Super Hero
Atari Super Hero

Postby jfl » Fri Sep 14, 2012 1:08 pm

wongck wrote:Also you will need to rename your RSC to phgmapde.rsc as it will select this RSC file if the language cookie is set to German.
This is a quick fix for Falcon, cookies are easier to read. :wink:
I have to find the code to read the rom headers in TT. :(

Don't do that. Use:
appl_getinfo(AES_LANGUAGE, &apgout, &foo, &foo, &foo);

This is even better than the _AKP cookie, since it yields the actual language of the user, not the keyboard layout (I use a German keyboard, but use English as my system language, even though I'm a native French speaker. Go figure...). And it works on any computer.

The only limitation with this call is that you can't get the language before appl_init(). Which is only limiting to freaks like me who want to warn the user of an appl_init() failure in his/her own language...
Jean-François
GEMDict – GEMClip

wongck
Ultimate Atarian
Ultimate Atarian

Postby wongck » Fri Sep 14, 2012 1:34 pm

jfl wrote:Don't do that. Use:
appl_getinfo(AES_LANGUAGE, &apgout, &foo, &foo, &foo);

This is even better than the _AKP cookie, since it yields the actual language of the user, not the keyboard layout (I use a German keyboard, but use English as my system language, even though I'm a native French speaker. Go figure...). And it works on any computer.

The only limitation with this call is that you can't get the language before appl_init(). Which is only limiting to freaks like me who want to warn the user of an appl_init() failure in his/her own language...

There are 2 parts on _AKP, the lower byte give the keyboard & the upper bytes give the desktop. I am looking at the upper byte means the desktop.
I reckon that someone who is using German on a program will have to have a German language desktop.
I'm kind of like you.... My TT has German ROM but I am using a English keyboard on it and I also not a native speaker of both language. :lol:
I was trying to figure this out before coding and reckon it will not work for me because ROM will yield German but Mint is running English.

But yes, this appl_getinfo is better, then I now do not have to get a separate test for TT. Save me from thinking too much. Thanks :mrgreen:

joska
Hardware Guru
Hardware Guru

Postby joska » Fri Sep 14, 2012 1:48 pm

wongck wrote:But yes, this appl_getinfo is better, then I now do not have to get a separate test for TT. Save me from thinking too much. Thanks :mrgreen:

Do you need a separate test for the TT? Remember, your programs are running under MiNT, not TOS. And MiNT creates the _AKP cookie itself.

However, for an AES application the correct way to detect language would be appl_getinfo() as suggested by jfl.
Jo Even

Firebee - Falcon060 - Milan060 - Falcon040 - MIST - Mega ST - STM - STE - Amiga 600 - Sharp MZ700 - MSX - Amstrad CPC - C64

wongck
Ultimate Atarian
Ultimate Atarian

Postby wongck » Fri Sep 14, 2012 2:27 pm

Ah... good to know that. Thanks.

Latz
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Postby Latz » Fri Sep 14, 2012 2:46 pm

Hi,

wongck wrote:
Latz wrote:- The "travel mode selecting-button" (rsc TREE004, obj. 14) is still displaying
the english words and NOT the translated ones from TREE006. The selection list itself (click on button)
is OK (german), but the selected option appears in button in english.

I have modified the code to now use the RSC version of the text. So they show German now.

Great!! Did you fix the other resource-strings yet ("Data input button string length limit", "Markers" strings for infoline (FORM 8 i think) and
the "number of trackpoints-message" when using GPX files)?

wongck wrote:Also you will need to rename your RSC to phgmapde.rsc as it will select this RSC file if the language cookie is set to German.

OK.
Thank you!
Latz
Falcon/CT60, 14+128 MB RAM, CTPCI/Radeon 9250, EtherNeC, Carte Eiffel+LCD, 80GB IDE HD, DVD-RW.
Falcon/CT63, 4+128 MB RAM, CTPCI/Radeon 9250, NetUSBee, Carte Eiffel+LCD, 80GB IDE HD, CD-RW.

wongck
Ultimate Atarian
Ultimate Atarian

Postby wongck » Fri Sep 14, 2012 11:58 pm

Latz wrote:Great!! Did you fix the other resource-strings yet ("Data input button string length limit", "Markers" strings for infoline (FORM 8 i think) and
the "number of trackpoints-message" when using GPX files)?

That data input button was just the button text being too small. I extended that.
The other 2 are due to text used in the program, not the RSC.
I have move them to the RSC so you need to translate them. There are only 60+ more lines, some are very short.
But I am having some bugs after I did that.... :(

Latz
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Postby Latz » Sat Sep 15, 2012 8:58 am

Hi,
wongck wrote:That data input button was just the button text being too small. I extended that.

OK,Thanks!

The other 2 are due to text used in the program, not the RSC.
I have move them to the RSC so you need to translate them. There are only 60+ more lines, some are very short.
But I am having some bugs after I did that.... :(

Hope you can sort them out! Please send the new version via PM when you are ready, so next release will be
ready in german.

Regards,
Latz
Falcon/CT60, 14+128 MB RAM, CTPCI/Radeon 9250, EtherNeC, Carte Eiffel+LCD, 80GB IDE HD, DVD-RW.
Falcon/CT63, 4+128 MB RAM, CTPCI/Radeon 9250, NetUSBee, Carte Eiffel+LCD, 80GB IDE HD, CD-RW.

wongck
Ultimate Atarian
Ultimate Atarian

Postby wongck » Sat Sep 15, 2012 9:29 am

Yeap coming out soon :wink:

wongck
Ultimate Atarian
Ultimate Atarian

Postby wongck » Sun Sep 16, 2012 3:16 am

BlankVector wrote:Don't forget to also put that -mcpu=5475 option on the link command line to automatically pick up the right libraries. For debugging purpose, you can also add "-Wl,-t" on the link command line to see exactly where linked objects come from. Except your project ones, all .o files should be read from m5475 subdirs.

Oh-oh.... some thing bad is happening.
The Gemlib are coming from the normal lib not m5475.
I went to SpareMint and look at the Gemlib information and it says they are in lib folder like mine.

I downloaded the GEMlib tar from your website, but can I just copy that specific gemlib (5475 version) into my m5475 folder?
And the linking will auto take from there?

Edit: Ok I did that & it is taking from the m5475 folder. :D
Hopefully it is better now.
Last edited by wongck on Sun Sep 16, 2012 3:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

wongck
Ultimate Atarian
Ultimate Atarian

Postby wongck » Sun Sep 16, 2012 3:18 am

jfl wrote:What happens if you don't do that? Can the program run if it was built from libraries from different architectures?

The program runs.
Looks like all my programs are like that. My Gemlib does not seems to be coming from the m5475 folder. :(

wongck
Ultimate Atarian
Ultimate Atarian

Re: PH Gmap - Google map viewer

Postby wongck » Wed Sep 26, 2012 2:38 pm

wongck wrote:
christos wrote:Also with standard falcons using jpegdsp or a gif dsp decoder would speed things up immensely (i think both can be found easily)

Yes, yes, yes... let me look in to it :D
But standard Falcon was not the target.... but not to worry I hear you :D :D

I was looking at the zView code today, and saw that the jpeg LDG code actually uses the Falcon030 DSP JPEG Decoder by Brainstorm decoder.
I wonder if anyone have tried it on a stock Falcon. Guess this one can be taken off my todo list now. :D

DarkLord
Fuji Shaped Bastard
Fuji Shaped Bastard

Postby DarkLord » Wed Sep 26, 2012 3:43 pm

Don't know if you follow the MINT list Wong, but Zorro was actually on there,
discussing things with MiKro....
Welcome To DarkForce! http://www.darkforce.org "The Fuji Lives.!"
Atari SW/HW based BBS - Telnet:darkforce-bbs.dyndns.org 520

wongck
Ultimate Atarian
Ultimate Atarian

Postby wongck » Wed Sep 26, 2012 11:02 pm

DarkLord wrote:Don't know if you follow the MINT list Wong, but Zorro was actually on there,
discussing things with MiKro....

Thanks.
Yeap, I posted a question recently and Mikro answered.

m0n0
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Postby m0n0 » Thu Sep 27, 2012 8:51 pm

Hello Wongck, I just came across the TOOLBAR + Keyboard Input problem during development :/

It happens on XaAES only, MyAES works correctly - I also tested with Steem + Falcon TOS (4.04) - but it looks like TOOLBARS are not supported by that TOS.

So I can say for sure that TOOLBARS+Keyboard with xaaes doesn't work (When the toolbar has an Textfield - then that is automatically focused and the field receives ascii input - so the events are processed correctly for Toolbar .... ) .

It works well with MyAES.

jfl
Atari Super Hero
Atari Super Hero

Postby jfl » Thu Sep 27, 2012 9:34 pm

m0n0 wrote:It happens on XaAES only, MyAES works correctly - I also tested with Steem + Falcon TOS (4.04) - but it looks like TOOLBARS are not supported by that TOS.

Toolbars were implemented in AES 4.1 (TOS 4.04 has AES 3.3, if I'm not mistaken).
Jean-François
GEMDict – GEMClip

wongck
Ultimate Atarian
Ultimate Atarian

Postby wongck » Thu Sep 27, 2012 11:06 pm

m0n0 wrote:Hello Wongck, I just came across the TOOLBAR + Keyboard Input problem during development :/

Thanks for verifying the findings.
Guess that there's always some further improvement to be done.
When each AES is ready, we will be there to program it. :mrgreen:

joska
Hardware Guru
Hardware Guru

Postby joska » Fri Sep 28, 2012 6:56 am

XaAES toolbars are much more advanced than standard toolbars. It's actually a complete dialog handler - you can attach a complete dialog as a toolbar and let XaAES handle it. So unlike normal toolbars XaAES toolbars has to eat keyboard events as well - when an editable text-field has input focus. It looks like a bug related to keyboard focus or maybe keyboard navigation in XaAES.
Jo Even

Firebee - Falcon060 - Milan060 - Falcon040 - MIST - Mega ST - STM - STE - Amiga 600 - Sharp MZ700 - MSX - Amstrad CPC - C64

wongck
Ultimate Atarian
Ultimate Atarian

Postby wongck » Sun Oct 07, 2012 3:51 pm

I have uploaded a MagiC test version of PH Gmap at my site download page.
You may need to get the latest zView Codec builds by Mikro here to get it to work on MagiC.
The previous versions of zCodec seems to crash in MagiC, in any case it is best to get the latest builds.

Please let me know if it is working on a real MagiC machine.
I only tested it in the emulator.

Ektus
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Postby Ektus » Sun Oct 07, 2012 5:55 pm

wongck wrote:I have uploaded a MagiC test version of PH Gmap at my site download page.
You may need to get the latest zView Codec builds by Mikro here to get it to work on MagiC.
The previous versions of zCodec seems to crash in MagiC, in any case it is best to get the latest builds.

Please let me know if it is working on a real MagiC machine.
I only tested it in the emulator.

It's working! It did crash on the first try, but that was due to an outdated version of the LDG codecs I had installed. After replacing these with the latest version, it's working. Mouse wheel does scroll the picture, but that might be a setting in the eiffel config somewhere.

System 1: Falcon 030 with Centurbo 2A, MagiC 6.2, 256 colours (no graphics card). 14.5s to display a single tile.
System 2: Falcon with CT63, CTPCI and graphics card. Much faster :D 10.9s to download and display 4 tiles, 3s for one tile (2s download, 1s display)

Regards
Ektus.
Schneider CPC464 (long retired), Atari Mega ST4 (retired), Falcon+CT2A, Falcon+CT63+CTPCI+Radeon 9250, Milan040+SCSI+Rage

wongck
Ultimate Atarian
Ultimate Atarian

Postby wongck » Sun Oct 07, 2012 11:10 pm

Great to know that it is working :D
Yes, the old zView codec was crashing only in MagiC. When I traced to the Codecs I thought PH GMap would never be MagiC compatible.
Latest build by Mikro seems to fixed all the issue, Thanks to him and all those at MintList :wink: :cheers:

Looking great.
So now I wait for final German doc and possibly an icon for it before I make official release. :D

Next one for MagiC compatibility will be PH Clock... as AtFact is already asking. :mrgreen:

wongck
Ultimate Atarian
Ultimate Atarian

Postby wongck » Sun Oct 07, 2012 11:15 pm

Ektus wrote:Mouse wheel does scroll the picture, but that might be a setting in the eiffel config somewhere.

I though Eiffle will sent UP/DOWN arrow keys to the Atari.
PH Gmap looks for UP/DOWN arrow keys to make the zoom.
If it supports the newer Windows mouse events then your do not have to set the Eifle.
Otherwise use just the plus and minus keys.

AtFaCT
Atari nerd
Atari nerd

Postby AtFaCT » Sat Oct 13, 2012 2:59 pm

wongck wrote:So now I wait for final German doc and possibly an icon for it before I make official release. :D

Next one for MagiC compatibility will be PH Clock... as AtFact is already asking. :mrgreen:

Icon set is almost ready :D I´ve sent you a PM.

It seems the next icon set is for PH Clock ;)

wongck
Ultimate Atarian
Ultimate Atarian

Postby wongck » Sun Oct 14, 2012 4:07 am

AtFaCT wrote:It seems the next icon set is for PH Clock

yes !! :D

Social Media

Return to “Professionals”