CuBase Score + FriendChip8 on TT

Hardware, coding, music, graphic and various applications

Moderators: Mug UK, lp, [ProToS], moondog/.tSCc., Moderator Team

FatRakoon
Atari Super Hero
Atari Super Hero

CuBase Score + FriendChip8 on TT

Postby FatRakoon » Tue Nov 24, 2009 9:05 am

Im wondering if anyone can tell what I am doing wrong here...

Normally, I use CuBase Audio on the Falcon. I have sent off the CT to get flashed and so I am using the TT for a while.

I am therefore using CuBase Score.

Now, I have the FriendChip Parallel expender thing that gives me 8 more MIDI-OUTs

Its fine on the Falcon, however, I am trying to set it up on the TT and it wont go!

First of all, I have used the very same MROS files from off the Falcon.
I have used the initialising app in the Auto folder, and I have also used the ACC to enable MIDI instead of PRINT but as soon as I try to send any data to it... The TT hangs?

What am I missing?
MSTE @ 16Mhz : 4MB+8MB : Magic & Jinnee
TT030 @ 32Mhz : 10+16MB : Magic & Jinnee
Falcon060 @ 95Mhz : 16+512MB : MiNT & Jinnee
More PCs than PC World has... Probably

edingacic
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Re: CuBase Score + FriendChip8 on TT

Postby edingacic » Thu Jun 28, 2018 7:15 am

are you still active using MM1? I just got my MM1 and I am using it with TT without any issues. I put the switch on the MIDI and don't use the ACC app and it works fine.

FatRakoon
Atari Super Hero
Atari Super Hero

Re: CuBase Score + FriendChip8 on TT

Postby FatRakoon » Thu Jun 28, 2018 10:13 am

Oh heck no, this is a blast from the past.
I did resolve the iossue... I honestly cannot remember what I did now, but it was sorted.
I am just fine going between the Falcon ( CuBase Audio ) and the TT ( Score )
Its almost 10 years ago, so maybe it was something in the AUTO Folder, but whatever its done.

I did have nothing but issues with my Falcon actually, and only a year or so ago, I gave up on it and I pleaded with Rodolphe to have a look at it before I threw it in the bin and he found a load of Chips were knackered on it and he replaced them all and its now rock solid ( Not as realiable as the TT but it rarely crashes now and only when booting, never once its up and running )

Anyway yeah, I have my Midi ports all mostly out of my reach ( Im disabled now and so its not ea\sy to keep reaching over and behind the Rack mount and so the ACC is kind of Vital to me, and in truth, I never use the printer anymore ( dont have one anymore thats why ) and so it would be better to alter it, so ONLY use MIDI, but since the switch is a rocker type that locks one way and is a momentary the other, means that I probably should not hard wire it the other way. I could perhaps make a remote switch so that there is a button in easy reach I suppose? a remote If you will, but hey ho, the ACC works flawlessly for me.

If you use MIDI, can I ask... Electric guitars... I have never been 100% happy with any of my kit for a good electric guitar.
I have a few devices, so I have full GM,XG and GS devices, plus a few generic ones, and one that is turning out to be better than I first thought, is a Technics KN750 It has ok guitars and a few other sounds that are not that bad, but my electric guitars are still not as good as I would like them to be...
There are some nice effects and tricks that I have had to use, but I have simply NEVER been able to get a really convincing guitar sound. Yo ualways know its a rubbish keyboard player, trying to use a keyboard to get a guitar sound.
I got a mate wh ohas a guitar synth, and he has been in the Navy for a few years now and I have asked him if I can grab his kit, but he never repliesanymore and so its there in his parents house doing nothing and he has no intention if ever going back... Thats killing me. Not that I can play the guiter cos I cannot, but at least it will help me, if I can try useing the right instrument to input the midi data, or even use the module that he has... Maybe his module wil sove everything?

Anyway, do you have any suggestions?
MSTE @ 16Mhz : 4MB+8MB : Magic & Jinnee
TT030 @ 32Mhz : 10+16MB : Magic & Jinnee
Falcon060 @ 95Mhz : 16+512MB : MiNT & Jinnee
More PCs than PC World has... Probably

Social Media

Return to “Professionals”