Hardware, coding, music, graphic and various applications

Moderators: Mug UK, moondog/.tSCc., [ProToS], lp, Moderator Team

cyberish
Atari freak
Atari freak

VOXX-Falcon Vocoder Fullversion?

Postby cyberish » Wed Sep 23, 2009 8:16 am

Hi all

does anybody have the full version of VOXX? - I tried to google to find its author without any luck...

thanx

raphael

[ProToS]

Re: VOXX-Falcon Vocoder Fullversion?

Postby [ProToS] » Sat Sep 26, 2009 6:21 pm

try this email "***(arobace)gmx(dot)de" for the author
Last edited by [ProToS] on Thu May 06, 2010 9:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: wrong email sorry
SeeU
[ProToS]/Facebook

atarimusic[dot]net
Atari freak
Atari freak

Postby atarimusic[dot]net » Mon Sep 28, 2009 4:34 pm

Let us know if you had any luck contacting the author. I tried contacting him a year ago without any reply. If he's still alive/involved/responsive, I want to know. I'd like to interview him for http://www.AtariMusic.net when the site opens in a few months (under development right now)

Erazotropa
Atari freak
Atari freak

Postby Erazotropa » Tue Oct 20, 2009 5:23 pm

Any demo version available?

Cant find 123 on the web..
Björn - Erazotropa - Eraz

[ProToS]

Postby [ProToS] » Tue Oct 20, 2009 5:55 pm

SeeU
[ProToS]/Facebook

Erazotropa
Atari freak
Atari freak

Postby Erazotropa » Thu Oct 22, 2009 7:17 pm

Ok thanks!
Björn - Erazotropa - Eraz

atarimusic[dot]net
Atari freak
Atari freak

Postby atarimusic[dot]net » Tue Dec 15, 2009 7:22 pm

I'm assuming this software is abandoned then. I'll post a request on my website http://www.atarimusic.net for someone to crack it.

axxim
Retro freak
Retro freak

Postby axxim » Tue May 04, 2010 9:33 am

Hello every one.

Cracking software is illegal ;)

But it would be nice to know if someone has reached it.

If you are searching the author, look here: http://www.axxim.de/r3dias (click until you get vocoder/history)

axxim
Retro freak
Retro freak

Postby axxim » Wed May 05, 2010 7:14 am

Hi everyone,
I had a repply to VOXX but it isn't published! Why?

Mug UK
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Mug UK » Wed May 05, 2010 5:48 pm

axxim wrote:Hi everyone,
I had a repply to VOXX but it isn't published! Why?

Because I forgot to log in last night and approve the posts that were in the queue. Once you reach your 4th post, it's plain sailing.
My main site: http://www.mug-uk.co.uk - slowly digging up the bits from my past (and re-working a few): Atari ST, Sega 8-bit (game hacks) and NDS (Music ripping guide).

I develop a free Word (for Windows) add-in that's available for Word 2007 upwards. It's a fix-it toolbox that will allow power Word users to fix document errors. You can find it at: http://www.mikestoolbox.co.uk

calimero
Fuji Shaped Bastard
Fuji Shaped Bastard

Postby calimero » Wed May 05, 2010 8:53 pm

Hi,
this is copy of Voxx that I found on my old Atari collection CD - .PRG file is langer than in archive on ftp://ftp.lip6.fr/pub/atari/Falcon/Music/voxx.zip

My Falcon is taken apart so I can not test it! Anyway, maybe it is newer than version on FTP...

cu
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
using Atari since 1986.http://wet.atari.orghttp://milan.kovac.cc/atari/software/ ・ Atari Falcon030/CT63/SV ・ Atari STe ・ Atari Mega4/MegaFile30/SM124 ・ Amiga 1200/PPC ・ Amiga 500 ・ C64 ・ ZX Spectrum ・ RPi ・ MagiC! ・ MiNT 1.18 ・ OS X

axxim
Retro freak
Retro freak

Postby axxim » Wed May 05, 2010 11:08 pm

Hi everyone,

for all those interested in VOXX and are lucky to have a Falcon in good working conditions, this may be of interest:

I am the author from VOXX. Unfortunately after launching it and prior to launch my second programm (a synthesizer based on inverse fourier transforms) my F30 begann to have timing problems which was about the same time Atari stopped producing the best music workstations. It begann with my F30 unable to load VOXX itself and the actual work, maybe because I had one of the first models that were delivered mainly to registered envelopers. Having no good chance to continue my projects with it and due to my family I had to attend, I decided to wait for alternatives and continue later... that was about 15 years ago! In that time music and my projects faded more and more but vocoders always were my fascination. A few months ago I restarted to make music and of course wanted a vocoder which took me to buy a KORG R3 and after 3 months change it for a Radias. I googled sometimes (year by year?) in the web to see what is left from VOXX and yesterday I found this thread!

I would agree and be glad to make VOXX freeware under some conditions that I haven't clear now and post later when we get a solution to the main problem it involves: To find a a version that is not the demo. I will try to list here some infos on how this could be reached. Please take note that I have to activate memory cells that are about 15 years without refresh!

To all crackers: To crack software is illegal.... but who will trow the first stone? Not me :)
VOXX can't be cracked because there are two versions: The demo and the FV (full version).

The demo as far as I remember had the full functionality without the Load/Save option. Please correct or confirm me if you have it running. There is nothing to crack because some parts of the programm were omitted and then compiled.

In the FV the programm itself was encrypted with a serial number for each customer. This means that each customer had a serial number he had to enter at the installation and then the programm was decrypted and branded with that serial. The customer was able to redistribute the FW but then his serial number would be spreaded and could be spotted because he had registered with me at purchase time. Maybe the post from calimero above is one of those copies. Don't worry, the registering postcards are maybe in the cellar or maybe thrown away years ago. If someone of you can test it and it works let me know. If it works, send me a copy of the working version and I will host and offer it as freeware after being clear about the conditions.

If this does not work, there is another alternative left that will get cleared next week:

I sold my F30 few months ago (was sad to have it catching dust in the cellar) to some one who has a working one as backup. I gave it to a friend (Atarian too) who made the contact and begged him to rescue or make copies of what he could restore from the HD. He said he still has the HD and will try to make a backup next weekend. If we are lucky, I will recover the Master or a Copy ready for delivery (with the serial) and then we are done.

What do I expect from doing this?
More or less this will be the conditions:
- No commercial redistribution
- Copyrights stay with the author
- Would be glad to recive musical copies/references where VOXX was used
- Donations: If someone feels the need to make one, then for those who really need them!
Last edited by axxim on Thu May 06, 2010 8:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

axxim
Retro freak
Retro freak

Postby axxim » Wed May 05, 2010 11:28 pm

This is an EDIT to my prior post!

Hi again,

As my posts still have to be authorized by the moderator (can you explain me the rason?), what makes an edit impossible due not being available until published here I go.

A simple look at calimeros download reveals that this should be a demo version (Open it with a text editor and look at the end). There also I found that the demo is limited by time!

Crash
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Postby Crash » Thu May 06, 2010 1:26 am

Years ago the author was trying to release this software as freeware, and sent me some files to test, but I could never get it working. I'll have to search for the files and his correspondence to make sure this is okay, and then find the appropriate place to make Voxx available.

Crash
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Postby Crash » Thu May 06, 2010 4:21 am

I've put together the files that I have and requested permission from the author to test and distribute them. Are there any Falcon owners out there that can test the installation and vocoder funtions of this program to see if this package works?

Thanks

Mug UK
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Mug UK » Thu May 06, 2010 6:02 am

axxim wrote:This is an EDIT to my prior post!
As my posts still have to be authorized by the moderator (can you explain me the rason?), what makes an edit impossible due not being available until published here I go.

There are more than enough posts in the Welcome area of the forum that explain your first 3 posts have to be authorised. It's to stop spammers plain and simple.

Now you're on your fourth post you're free from our moderation shackles and can post as much as you want now.
My main site: http://www.mug-uk.co.uk - slowly digging up the bits from my past (and re-working a few): Atari ST, Sega 8-bit (game hacks) and NDS (Music ripping guide).

I develop a free Word (for Windows) add-in that's available for Word 2007 upwards. It's a fix-it toolbox that will allow power Word users to fix document errors. You can find it at: http://www.mikestoolbox.co.uk

axxim
Retro freak
Retro freak

Postby axxim » Thu May 06, 2010 7:10 am

Mug UK wrote:
There are more than enough posts in the Welcome area of the forum that explain your first 3 posts have to be authorised. It's to stop spammers plain and simple.

Now you're on your fourth post you're free from our moderation shackles and can post as much as you want now.

Thank you.
I asked, because it is the first time I had this after registering in a forum. I thought it could have to do with posting an URL right in the first post.

axxim
Retro freak
Retro freak

Postby axxim » Thu May 06, 2010 7:17 am

Crash wrote:I've put together the files that I have and requested permission from the author to test and distribute them. Are there any Falcon owners out there that can test the installation and vocoder funtions of this program to see if this package works?

Thanks

Hi Crash,

Can you send me the files to see if I can recall what version it is? By the way, if you got in contact with me, can you remember where, when or how it was? My Idea is, I have a lot of old PC-Backup HDs at home and if I get an idea when it was, I could spot which HD I have to search on.

Crash
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Postby Crash » Thu May 06, 2010 11:01 am

Hi Axxim,

I sent the files along with my earlier request to you for permissions - please let me know if that does not reach you. I can confirm that the package will register with the codes that you provided, and that I can load and save settings. I do not have Falcon compatible microphone available right now, so I haven't been able to actually test the audio in/out/vocoding features.

I'll reply privately regarding details of our previous correspondence.

BTW, do you think that any of your saved VOXX vocoder settings or presets may still be on your old hard disk drive?

Cheers!

axxim
Retro freak
Retro freak

Postby axxim » Thu May 06, 2010 12:14 pm

Crash wrote:I sent the files along with my earlier request to you for permissions - please let me know if that does not reach you.

When was it? I can't remeber it so it should be long time ago, or you had the wrong person (or my mind is really wearing out). That is why I asked you to give some contact clues to help me to remember!

As I posted before, I have no F30, nor the archives.. symply nothing. I have about 6 HD's in the cellar that may contain only a copy of the master. Maybe next week my friend will find more on the original F30 HD. If not, the only way would be to find a working FV which is what I am trying to get to make it available and declare it freeware for all on my webpage.

Cheers!

Crash
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Postby Crash » Thu May 06, 2010 12:36 pm

I sent two emails today, but the earlier ones were in 1999. Check here for a private message if you did not get my emails.

Thanks![attachment=0]voxx.jpg[/attachment]
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

axxim
Retro freak
Retro freak

Postby axxim » Thu May 06, 2010 2:07 pm

Hi Crash,

ok I have got a PM from you in this forum. I will answer to your emailt tonight from home and give you my e-mail adress (at work now!). Nice to see a screen shot of my programm after so many years :D

To all: The email address karo3 [at] gmx [dot] de never belonged to me!

Until later

[ProToS]

Postby [ProToS] » Thu May 06, 2010 9:01 pm

axxim wrote:What do I expect from doing this?
- Donations: If someone feels the need to make one, then for those who really need them!

Thanks for this
SeeU
[ProToS]/Facebook

Xerus

Postby Xerus » Thu May 06, 2010 10:13 pm

[ProToS] wrote:
axxim wrote:What do I expect from doing this?

Thanks for this

+1
And I like the last sentence :thumbs:
Thank you !

axxim
Retro freak
Retro freak

Postby axxim » Thu May 06, 2010 11:36 pm

Hi again,

Is there someone with a working Falcon and the posibility to use the two audio inputs who wants to test a VOXX version I sent to Crash 10 years ago as a free version? Please send me a PM with where I should send it.

Thanks to Crash for having keept this files and mails for more than ten years!

Social Media

Return to “Professionals”