TT and Crazy Dots problem

Hardware, coding, music, graphic and various applications

Moderators: Mug UK, moondog/.tSCc., lp, [ProToS], Moderator Team

damanloox
Atari maniac
Atari maniac

TT and Crazy Dots problem

Postby damanloox » Sun May 20, 2018 4:46 pm

After fixing scsi issues I installed Crazy Dots (1st revision) and nvdi 5.0 drivers. It (obviously) complained about NVDIVGA.INF file (and I have no idea how to create it) so I downloaded one from here: http://www.mr2.net/marknias/atari_tt030.html
It all worked but the display is not perfect ie. the display is sort-of wavy (horizontal line moving up the screen)... Not sure how to describe it to be honest (English is not my native language)... It displays all resolutions defined in the file and it's really nice but that line moving up the screen al the time is annoying. I'm wondering if anybody has correct NVDIVGA.INF for crazy dots I (the one I downloaded is for Crazy Dots II so this may be the cause)?
Or else - does anybody know how to create the file (I know it's VMG-4000 application that comes with nvdi but there's so many parameters and I have no idea what they are for)... My monitor is NEC 1990SXi...

helmut
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Re: TT and Crazy Dots problem

Postby helmut » Mon May 21, 2018 8:51 am

Change horizontal size in your monitor, then change the "fine-tune"-setting or something similar. That works for me.

In the VMG it's really trial & error. Takes some time.

I've attached my nvdivga.inf, but I'm using NVDI4-ET4000, not 5.

-Helmut
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Rustynutt
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Re: TT and Crazy Dots problem

Postby Rustynutt » Wed Jun 13, 2018 2:59 pm

Takes a lot of tweaking with the VMG. Think we see the same display. When I load an alternate desktop, it's gets much more clear.

Social Media

Return to “Professionals”