All about games on the Falcon, TT & clones

Moderators: Mug UK, moondog/.tSCc., [ProToS], lp, Moderator Team

sety
Atari freak
Atari freak

Has BadMood gone stale?

Postby sety » Thu Aug 29, 2019 1:49 pm

Hi,

Does anyone know what's happening with BadMood? I know there are other alternatives. And if I really wanted to play Doom I could use a 486, an emulator or even my NeXT (if I want to play without sound or colour) but I really love BadMood. I love the intro graphics and the music. I also like the demo mode with all the Atari references and acknowledgements (which crashes with CT6 exactly when the demo player turns right of the Atari Logo) but I haven't heard anything since 2017.

I also can't play it because I can't invert the Y-Axis and there is still the shaking HUD bug with CT6 and I can't change it because the (buildable) sources for BM aren't available.

Does anyone know if it's coming back?

Kind regards,
Stuart
ATARI FALCON/CT60 @99/25Mhz 512MB - ATARI FALCON/CT60e @101.5/16Mhz 256MB - 520STF 1MB TF68020 - 520ST unmodified (my very first computer) - A couple of useless XE's - and a really cool Atari desktop calculator :)

Eero Tamminen
Atari God
Atari God

Re: Has BadMood gone stale?

Postby Eero Tamminen » Sat Aug 31, 2019 8:21 pm

I thought Douglas was eventually going to publish the modified sources, but he's apparently been busy with other things for quite a while. The sources were in his private Mercurial repository (I have an older checkout from time when I was profiling it with Hatari).

At least his BadMood page is still up: http://www.leonik.net/dml/sec_bm.py

Social Media

Return to “Games”