All about games on the Falcon, TT & clones

Moderators: Mug UK, moondog/.tSCc., [ProToS], lp, Moderator Team

Ektus
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Re: Hex-a-hop

Postby Ektus » Sat Mar 30, 2019 4:53 pm

jury wrote:Thanks Ektus for tests.
Ektus wrote:It would be playable if there weren't massive problems with the Eiffel (mouse too fast? Have to check with older one...)

Thats strange for me. In my case I could never make mouse working for this game. Either I get no mouse pointer and other
times ( happening really rarely ) when I can see the pointer, its so slow that its not possible to use it. So there is something fishy I certainly not understand.
I play it with arrow keys and also it can be played with keys Q,W,E,A,S,D. But I will try to look into this mouse problem.

My problem with Eiffel is not specific to hexahop. It's a general problem on that machine, to the extent that it's practically unusable under MagiC, a little better under MiNT. It's the key autorepeat bug, looks like some timing issue or some such that leads to bogus key press messages that are not followed by corresponding key release messages, resulting in lots of chars input by the repeat function. Stops when pressing any key, resumes sooner or later when moving the mouse.

On the Radeon under MagiC, hexahop starts in window mode and the mouse pointer is working to select the next tile to jump to.

Regards
Ektus.
Schneider CPC464 (long retired), Atari Mega ST4 (retired), Falcon+CT2A, Falcon+CT63+CTPCI+Radeon 9250, Milan040+SCSI+Rage

jury
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Postby jury » Sat Mar 30, 2019 6:50 pm

Ektus wrote:My problem with Eiffel is not specific to hexahop. It's a general problem on that machine, to the extent that it's practically unusable under MagiC, a little better under MiNT. It's the key autorepeat bug, looks like some timing issue or some such that leads to bogus key press messages that are not followed by corresponding key release messages, resulting in lots of chars input by the repeat function. Stops when pressing any key, resumes sooner or later when moving the mouse.

I have exactly the same looking issue, in my case it generaly happens quite rarely ( especially in MiNT its really rarely ), but when I play Quake or Duke it happens much, much more often. But in my case its definitely not Eiffel, as once I have done a test by connecting Mega ST/STE or TT keyboard ( I never had any of those, so do not know which keyboard if for what computer, I got the keyboard together with towered case Falcon ) and played Quake and Duke. And that autorepeat key bug was happening also, so definitely not Eiffel related in my case. If I remember correctly, I'm able to get rid of this annoyment in Duke just by configuring Duke not to use mouse, playing just with the keyboard. And whats more weird, if I remember correctly, currently there is a different motherboard in my Tower case, as once I exchanged boards with my second Falcon, and the key repeat problem is still there.

wongck wrote:hex2.zip .... no difference, still hangs on mine.

Thanks for test. Your case is probably the same as MacFalcon has.

vido wrote:I am looking forward to it :)

Coldfire version attached in first post.

vido
Atari Super Hero
Atari Super Hero

Postby vido » Sun Mar 31, 2019 7:24 am

jury wrote:
vido wrote:I am looking forward to it :)

Coldfire version attached in first post.

Thank you Jury! It works like a charm except there is no sound! :)
Really fun game :)

jury
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Postby jury » Sun Mar 31, 2019 9:46 am

vido wrote:It works like a charm except there is no sound! :)
Really fun game :)

Yeap, game is really enjoable, I like it too. As for sound, it should be there. Falcon version plays sound without any problems, and doing Coldfire build I have not changed anything except changing build target.

Social Media

Return to “Games”