All about games on the Falcon, TT & clones

Moderators: Mug UK, moondog/.tSCc., [ProToS], lp, Moderator Team

christos
Fuji Shaped Bastard
Fuji Shaped Bastard

Mega drive joypads?

Postby christos » Fri Apr 23, 2004 3:03 pm

Hi, (again(:))
I remember reading sth about connecting a sega joypad to the st (falcon is implied). I took a look at my brother's megadrive pad. Guess what. It's 9 pin female. After connecting it (difficulty) two things happened. 1. The mouse wouldn't move. 2. Only the firebutton of the pad would work. Should it work or not?

Thanks in advance

moondog/.tSCc.

Postby moondog/.tSCc. » Sun Apr 25, 2004 9:56 pm

i doubt it will work without any modifications... remember, also simple joysticks needed often a switch to connect them to st or amiga or wont run at all on a special machine...

greetings, eric
Undercover Magascene - observing the Atari scene since 1993

MacFalcon
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Sega Joypads DO work!

Postby MacFalcon » Mon Jun 21, 2004 12:26 pm

Hello,

I use a sega (master system) Joypad with my sts and falcons for a long time and it works without any problems, also the mouse is still working allright ;-)

But in fact you can only use 1 of the Firebuttons... I thinks with a megadrive or genesis joypad it should behave as above!

I am talking for the normal joystick port, not the jagpads ones, maybe theres a special way to use more buttons there, as the sega md pad had 3 fire buttons as the jag did.

Btw, I always have trouble when I connect atari joystick from the 2600 and 7800 series... while using them, my keyboard is dizzy... strange, isn´t it?

Cheers,

Chris
-------
MacFalcon
Falcon060, 100/25 MHz, 256 MB SD-RAM, PhantomPBS, CTPCI with Radeon, USB and Network Card. atari rulez!

Social Media

Return to “Games”