All about games on the Falcon, TT & clones

Moderators: Mug UK, moondog/.tSCc., [ProToS], lp, Moderator Team

MacFalcon
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

STemboy on Falcon?

Postby MacFalcon » Tue Apr 20, 2004 8:21 am

Hello,

I was aksing myself, if anyone did manage to get stemboy running on a falcon? My best result was seeing the gem screen, but loading a game, always causes a system crash.

As I no have a ct60 and so, a powerful machine, from the atari side of view, I tried gnuboy first to get my favorite gameboy-games running.

But this is really slow, I mean, it is playable, but slow.

I think GNUboy isn´t optimised for the atari, nor for 060!

I played some games on stemboy on a mega ste before and they were nearly the same speed!

So I think stemboy would work on ct60 better...

Maybe anyone can help,

Cheers!
Falcon060, 100/25 MHz, 256 MB SD-RAM, PhantomPBS, CTPCI with Radeon, USB and Network Card. atari rulez!

CiH
Atari God
Atari God

Postby CiH » Thu Apr 22, 2004 7:34 am

I had the same identical experience with Stemboy :-(

I might add that it isn't any different running under CT60, still crashes out whenyou try to run a game on it.

I'd be interested to find out what Matthias Jaap tested it on. He seemed to imply that Stemboy should work on other TOS MC68k apart from plain ST?

MacFalcon
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Stemboy on Falcon? part II

Postby MacFalcon » Thu Apr 22, 2004 6:10 pm

Hello CiH,

I have had a writing mistake in my first message: I have now a ct60 ;-) (happy owner)

I contacted Matthias via Email and he told me that stemboy should run, what it definetly not does, on my Falcon and under MagiC.

He gave me the hint to try out GNUboy, but there has to be more optimising...

If you have nesulator, you can see how powerful the ct60 is with a bit optimising, but not how powerful it could be if you write 060code ;-)

Maybe anyone could write a patch for one of the above?

Cheers,

Chris
--------
MacFalcon
Falcon060, 100/25 MHz, 256 MB SD-RAM, PhantomPBS, CTPCI with Radeon, USB and Network Card. atari rulez!

CiH
Atari God
Atari God

Postby CiH » Fri Apr 23, 2004 9:39 am

I've already had my three old pence worth about emulation on CT60 in the last issue of Alive ;-)

I might suggest that the best chance of getting something to fit in a closely optimised fashion to our '060, might be to check out Amiga binaries, namely those made to work around a 68xxx series, rather than relying on the intel-biased sources out there?

There really isn't a great gameboy emu out there at the moment for Atari? I do have a good GB emu for my low-end Risc PC 600 (Acorn) which manages to get full speed, or close to it, on a fairly low powered RiscOS system. I think that it is biased to emulating the GB processor quite well, where our cisc processors are less well equipped to do so, as Gnuboy struggles like hell even on '060?

Someone with a decent technical background ought to take over the thread at this point to clarify further!

Social Media

Return to “Games”