Moderators: Mug UK, moondog/.tSCc., [ProToS], lp, Moderator Team

HuggyOne76
Atari freak
Atari freak

Re: Cho Ren Sha 68k for the Atari Falcon030

Postby HuggyOne76 » Tue Apr 04, 2017 7:20 pm

Anima wrote:
HuggyOne76 wrote:Hi !
@Anima, do you know the "Vampire Accelerator card" for the Amiga family ? One of their member wishes to work with your help to port Cho Ren Sha on this hardware... would you be agree with that ?

I've got your message on my blog as well. Sorry for the late reply. I'll send you an email with my address for him to contact me.

As for the hint I can only say that the custom tools work quite well but the results for the interesting "things" need quite a lot rework. However, it should be good enough to use it. I'll give you some more details when I am certain that the resulting code runs properly on the Atari.

Great !!! :) Thank you for what you'll be able to do for that ! :cheers:

Strider
Atari Super Hero
Atari Super Hero

Postby Strider » Mon May 29, 2017 7:04 pm

@Anima

Last weekend I participated in a retrogaming meeting in France called Retro Game Alpes 2017. I brought my Falcon, I already did it 2 years ago (and I posted a message here). This time I showed the beta release of Cho Ren Sha with speed improvement due to DSP routines.

Cho Ren Sha was the most played game on my Falcon, beating even Racer 2. I was standing near my Falcon during 2 days and according to my observations, more than one hundred players have tried the game (the event gathered about 2,000 people per day). It was funny to see young children, moms or grandparents having fun on a Falcon with a japgad 8)
People were really impressed. I spoke with some of them, they were amazed to see what a Falcon could do.
Sure, the game is too much hard for young children. However, a man manages to reach the level 4! He told me he played on the Windows port of Cho Ren Sha some years ago :lol:

You wrote you have some ideas to improve Cho Ren Sha. I sincerely hope some day you will find some time to do so :wink:

edit : oh and by the way here are some photos of the event, the Falcon running Cho Ren Sha is one of them : https://goo.gl/photos/nntWuNumXQeQhty18
Strider from MJJ Prod
May the TOS be with you!

LaurentS
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Postby LaurentS » Mon May 29, 2017 7:17 pm

> Cho Ren Sha was the most played game on my Falcon, beating even Racer 2.

How is it possible ? ;)
LOL

The falcon should have more good games, it's a great computer
Regards
Laurent

Strider
Atari Super Hero
Atari Super Hero

Postby Strider » Mon May 29, 2017 9:17 pm

I agree with you. Too few games for such a great machine.

And concerning Racer 2, maybe because Cho Ren Sha is more eye-catching for young people ;-)
Strider from MJJ Prod
May the TOS be with you!

Anima
Atari Super Hero
Atari Super Hero

Postby Anima » Tue May 30, 2017 4:15 am

Strider wrote:Last weekend I participated in a retrogaming meeting in France called Retro Game Alpes 2017.

Thanks for your short report and the photos. I'm glad to hear that you and others had fun with the "new" Falcon games.

LaurentS wrote:The falcon should have more good games, it's a great computer

I cannot agree more on this! Maybe there will be more this year? ;)
Many thanks Laurent for your work on the Racer games for the Falcon. :cheers:

calimero
Atari God
Atari God

Postby calimero » Tue May 30, 2017 9:17 am

@Strider

very professional retro show!

btw you have same Logitech mouse for Falcon as I do :)
using Atari since 1986.http://wet.atari.orghttp://milan.kovac.cc/atari/software/ ・ Atari Falcon030/CT63/SV ・ Atari STe ・ Atari Mega4/MegaFile30/SM124 ・ Amiga 1200/PPC ・ Amiga 500 ・ C64 ・ ZX Spectrum ・ RPi ・ MagiC! ・ MiNT 1.18 ・ OS X

Social Media

Return to “Games”