News on my GEM games

All about games on the Falcon, TT & clones

Moderators: Mug UK, moondog/.tSCc., [ProToS], lp, Moderator Team

Rajah Lone
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Re: News on my GEM games

Postby Rajah Lone » Tue Jan 03, 2017 11:45 am

vido wrote:Its a bit slow on the FireBee but with possible graphic card you think it would run faster?

- it's a bit slow in TC32 screenmode, but still acceptable, at least for me (compared to the ST original version).
- it's pretty smooth in 256c screenmode. I don't like to swap/change screenmodes for one application, but it's worth the effort here.

If Radeon+PCI card comes out for the FireBee, it will be quicker: VRAM of the video card is used, like in CT60+SV (thanks to Didier Mequignon CT60 XBIOS functions), VDI blitting will be done directly without TT/STRAM transfers.

I don't know how the built-in video chip works on the FireBee, but it has its own RAM. Is it possible to use the free memory (most is used to display the screen) for third party applications?
Last edited by Rajah Lone on Tue Jan 03, 2017 9:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BoNuS
Atari Super Hero
Atari Super Hero

Re: News on my GEM games

Postby BoNuS » Tue Jan 03, 2017 12:58 pm

Nice to see one of my statements come to live: Doesn't matter what language you program in, as long as the hardware is fast enough it's still good enough.
http://bonus.home.xs4all.nl/
2 x Falcon 030 - a mint Atari TT - Mega STE - 2x STE - 1x Mega 2 - 2x STFM - 1 x STF - 3x SC1224 - 2x SM124 - 1x SM125 2x Portofolio+interface
- 3x 1435 monitor - 1 x Ult.Ripper cardridge - Mega 1,2,and 4 ( just to much Atari stuff)

Social Media

Return to “Games”