TT game compatibility list

All about games on the Falcon, TT & clones

Moderators: Mug UK, moondog/.tSCc., [ProToS], lp, Moderator Team

NGF
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

TT game compatibility list

Postby NGF » Mon Apr 11, 2011 7:08 am

This is a list that will contain all games we TT owners on the forum have managed to get to work on our machines. I hope it will grow :)

Dbug hd patches:
Addams Family
After The War
Another World (run in ST low rez)
Back to the Future II
Badlands
Bombjack (too fast)
Chaos Engine
Chips Challenge
Chuck Rock
Crack Down
D/Generation
Forgotten Worlds
Ghost N Goblins
Gods
Harlequin
James Pond II: Robocod
Kick Off
Leander
Lemmings 2
Leisure Suite Larry 3 - Passionate Patti
Lotus Espirit Turbo Challenge
Mega Lo Mania
Nitro
Ork
P-47 (runs a bit fast)
Parasol Stars
Pushover
Return To Genesis
Rick Dangerous (runs fine from A: diskette)
R-Type 2
ST Tetris
Switchblade (works fine from diskette)
Xenon (works but too fast :P)

Klapauzius patches:
Arkanoid
Black Tiger
Darius
Defender of the Crown
Goldrunner (starts ok but I had joystick issues, maybe someone else could try?)
Mickey Mouse
North & South
Overlander
Pacmania
Populous
Rolling Ronny
The Seven Gates of Jambala
Starglider
Super Hang-On
Trailblazer

PP hd patches:
Chaos Strikes Back
Dungeon Master
Grandad
Grandad 2
Simulacra
Ultima 3

The rest:
Ballerburg
Colour Clash
Crapman (stand alone version)
Frontier Elite II
Leisure Suite Larry
Starball
Superfly
All Infocom games, (e.g. Zork, etc. All rez)

Games that might work with experimentation and time (could be driver issues or cache on my TT, more testing would be good):
Barbarian (starts but corrupt graphics) (pp)
Black Lamp (freeze on titlescreen) (dbug)
Civilization (works according to this video. Unknown what version this is.) (dbug)
Eco (stuck on titlescreen)
Eliminator (PP, gets stuck on titlescreen)
Ghouls n Ghosts (crash) (dbug)
IK+ (crash after dbugscreen) (dbug)
Oids (asks for gamedisk after titlescreen, perhaps bad disk)
R-Type (works perfectly on Falcon..) (dbug)
Rick Dangerous 2 (dbug)
Rodland (nothing happends after ingame intro) (dbug)
Saint Dragon
SuperCars II (works but crashes soon ingame just like on other systems(tried it in Mega ST and 1040 STE) (dbug)
Last edited by NGF on Fri Jan 02, 2015 12:04 pm, edited 16 times in total.
"4160" STE with Ultrasatan | Falcon 030 14MB with CF-reader | TT030 | STacy | 520STFM x 2 | 520ST x 2

bid
Atari Super Hero
Atari Super Hero

Re: TT game compatibility list

Postby bid » Mon Apr 11, 2011 10:45 am

Great start. I read that some flight sims also work. I have not had a chance to try this out.

Certainly Frontier Elite II has a much much faster framerate, and is well worth trying on the TT. Really a great demo of the 030 improvements, and very smooth.

I really wish that Sim City was Gem compliant (as it looks like Gem!) but only allows ST-Low to be selected, and my version bombs on the TT. Real shame as I love this game (that uses real Gem windows), and the TT Med resolution would make this ace. I always hated the crammed map window, and dreamed of it running at higher res. Also the increased screen size would allow multiple dialogue boxes to run... I bet its not a hard hack, to take out the code that forces ST Low res.

Actually. I might try to find some Gem based games. There don't seem to be many. But some of these would certainly handle the new resolutions.

Anyway, next games I'd like to try are the 3D ones, including flight sims, for the ST and see if they support a faster framerate. Also 3D racing games would be good. I'll have to try F1GP.
My company website http://www.thebigconsultant.com[/i][/color]

SofiST
Atari Super Hero
Atari Super Hero

Postby SofiST » Mon Apr 11, 2011 12:54 pm

I think that for TT is best to try Klapauzius adaptations (patches). Likely all what he made is TT runnable.
Myself have no TT, and only in last time try to make adaptations TT compatible - mostly because there is partial TT emul. in Hatari. It helps, but can not test with Hddriver and SCSI - where the problem is. I will get one TT for testings in sommer, so can fix things ...

Until there: on TT should run much more than listed. What is checked and works: Simulcra, Grandad 1-2 - PP adapts.

bid
Atari Super Hero
Atari Super Hero

Postby bid » Mon Apr 11, 2011 3:31 pm

SofiST wrote:I think that for TT is best to try Klapauzius adaptations (patches). Likely all what he made is TT runnable.
Myself have no TT, and only in last time try to make adaptations TT compatible - mostly because there is partial TT emul. in Hatari. It helps, but can not test with Hddriver and SCSI - where the problem is. I will get one TT for testings in sommer, so can fix things ...

Until there: on TT should run much more than listed. What is checked and works: Simulcra, Grandad 1-2 - PP adapts.

Wow. Great news. I dont mind doing some testing, and I I sure NGF wont mind either. Looks like NGF is on a mission! Grandad is a great game, and I will have to get around to completing it sometime!

NGF
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Postby NGF » Mon Apr 11, 2011 3:57 pm

SofiST wrote:I think that for TT is best to try Klapauzius adaptations (patches). Likely all what he made is TT runnable.

This is just a start and what I could remember did work, much more games works, both PP and dbug. This will be work in progress :wink:
All TT users on this forum are welcome to report working games.
"4160" STE with Ultrasatan | Falcon 030 14MB with CF-reader | TT030 | STacy | 520STFM x 2 | 520ST x 2

NGF
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Postby NGF » Mon Apr 11, 2011 3:59 pm

bid wrote:Great start. I read that some flight sims also work. I have not had a chance to try this out.

Certainly Frontier Elite II has a much much faster framerate, and is well worth trying on the TT. Really a great demo of the 030 improvements, and very smooth.

I really wish that Sim City was Gem compliant (as it looks like Gem!) but only allows ST-Low to be selected, and my version bombs on the TT. Real shame as I love this game (that uses real Gem windows), and the TT Med resolution would make this ace. I always hated the crammed map window, and dreamed of it running at higher res. Also the increased screen size would allow multiple dialogue boxes to run... I bet its not a hard hack, to take out the code that forces ST Low res.

Actually. I might try to find some Gem based games. There don't seem to be many. But some of these would certainly handle the new resolutions.

Anyway, next games I'd like to try are the 3D ones, including flight sims, for the ST and see if they support a faster framerate. Also 3D racing games would be good. I'll have to try F1GP.

Great bid! Just report here when you have got a game to work and we'll add it to our list, if it's a difficult game to run we'll post instructions and settings aswell :)

bid
Atari Super Hero
Atari Super Hero

Postby bid » Mon Apr 11, 2011 4:49 pm

Question? Just how many TT owners are there out there? (also TT compatibles I suppose fit this) ?? :roll:

Shredder11
Fuji Shaped Bastard
Fuji Shaped Bastard

Postby Shredder11 » Mon Apr 11, 2011 7:45 pm

If you find F1GP works on the TT, I will be insanely envious! :mrgreen:

bid
Atari Super Hero
Atari Super Hero

Postby bid » Mon Apr 11, 2011 8:37 pm

Shredder11 wrote:If you find F1GP works on the TT, I will be insanely envious! :mrgreen:

If I do, I will make you answer lots of tedious TT related questions until I am happy. Then I might think about telling you how to do it. :lol:

Actually I just tried, and was upset it did not work. F1GP is amazing, and way better on the ST than the Amiga. On the TT it would be swhweeet!! And probably absorb many many happy hours. :D

Dal
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Dal » Mon Apr 11, 2011 9:34 pm

bid wrote:I really wish that Sim City was Gem compliant (as it looks like Gem!) but only allows ST-Low to be selected, and my version bombs on the TT. Real shame as I love this game (that uses real Gem windows), and the TT Med resolution would make this ace. I always hated the crammed map window, and dreamed of it running at higher res. Also the increased screen size would allow multiple dialogue boxes to run... I bet its not a hard hack, to take out the code that forces ST Low res.

Probably number of colours was the problem and it would mean a second bank of 'sprites' in order to avoid it all looking squashed along the x-axis (not sure they were coded as sprites per-se so correct me if I'm wrong here).
TT030: 4MB/16MB + Crazy Dots, Mega"SST" 12, STacy 2, MegaSTE, STE: Desktopper case, IDE interface, UltraSatan (8GB + 512Mb) + HXC floppy emulator. Plus some STE's/STFM's

bid
Atari Super Hero
Atari Super Hero

Postby bid » Mon Apr 11, 2011 11:29 pm

Dal wrote:
bid wrote:I really wish that Sim City was Gem compliant (as it looks like Gem!) but only allows ST-Low to be selected, and my version bombs on the TT. Real shame as I love this game (that uses real Gem windows), and the TT Med resolution would make this ace. I always hated the crammed map window, and dreamed of it running at higher res. Also the increased screen size would allow multiple dialogue boxes to run... I bet its not a hard hack, to take out the code that forces ST Low res.

Probably number of colours was the problem and it would mean a second bank of 'sprites' in order to avoid it all looking squashed along the x-axis (not sure they were coded as sprites per-se so correct me if I'm wrong here).

What tools do hackers and tinkerers use to disassemble programs and games. Is it a highly skilled job, or are there some easy hacks?

lp
Fuji Shaped Bastard
Fuji Shaped Bastard

Postby lp » Tue Apr 12, 2011 6:05 am

bid wrote:What tools do hackers and tinkerers use to disassemble programs and games. Is it a highly skilled job, or are there some easy hacks?

I use TT Digger myself.
http://members.chello.nl/h.robbers/TTD.html

Better brush up on your assembly if you head down this path. :wink:

bid
Atari Super Hero
Atari Super Hero

Postby bid » Tue Apr 12, 2011 11:14 am

lp wrote:
bid wrote:What tools do hackers and tinkerers use to disassemble programs and games. Is it a highly skilled job, or are there some easy hacks?

I use TT Digger myself.
http://members.chello.nl/h.robbers/TTD.html

Better brush up on your assembly if you head down this path. :wink:

Thanks. lol. I am no programmer or assembler. But I actually I did download this program already, as I saw it I think on the Zogging Hell website. I was not sure what it was, but when I loaded it up, I could see the options, for example to load TOS in or other files. So I loaded in an image of TOS3.01 and had a nosey on through it.

This does look like an AMAZING programme. Pure quality, and as I was running under Magic also, I was impressed how I could review files, and read documents, and surely if I were a programmer, compile data in the background using the VT52 emulator. You know I am really impressed by Magic and GEM. When I rant TOS and TTP programmes in Magic, I realised and could see that the TOS/GEM OS was UNIX like (perhaps I am wrong and its CP/M like) anyway, I was impressed that the original 1985 GEM was basically running a command line interpreter, with a cool easy to use TTP double click command, and I am guessing that the TOS files, have the command flags/arguments built in somehow into the file? Anyway, I do a LOT of raytracing, and back in the day, this would have been great. Its a pity I could not afford Magic, at TT030 and do all the rendering in the background. It used to freeze up my ST for days!! :lol:

Anyway, I digress, back to TTDigger and games. So I was very very very impressed by TT Digger, even though all I could do was search for text stings and read them in what I think is the Hex Editor / Viewer? So I could see any comments by programmers, or text for display output to screen. So I had thought of a game, Ballerburg, that is the biggest selling game in Germany, but has no English menus or text would be easy to hack some English menus and translate this fine game.

BTW. Ballerburg works well on the TT!!
- Also Liesure Suit Larry, which is another fine game.

Are there other easy hacks, such as certain flags in files (e.g. resolution enforcement, or change way it accesses memory) that could be made simply and easily to try and make games work. If I had the skills, I would love to see the following (but I dont expect to be able to do it) (a) hack a Gem game like Sim City and make it work in larger windows. (v) Put some kind of Gem wrapper around a TOS game, and make it run in a Gem window. I would imagine (b) is harder, but then again, please try some infocom games on your TT in any resolution (Trust me, try "Beyond Zork") these games are great. I love em, and in fact I used to play on a Z-Machine interpreter when I moved to the PC at work!! When I should be working, I was enjoying playing interactive fiction games. But the infocom games for the ST are really great in any res, and some so have graphics too! Really well programmed I am guessing! Yes its all text and works is any res!! So again, looking at the VT52 emulator, is this the start of something that could do more. Im interested to discuss, even if its just academic. Im interested how these things work. And this is what I like about Atari, its an elegant system. :cheers:

bid
Atari Super Hero
Atari Super Hero

Postby bid » Tue Apr 12, 2011 11:44 am

By the way. I would love a good Interactive Fiction A-Machine interpreter for Atari or Magic! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Z-machine This would open the TT up to literally hundreds of games. I love the old Infocom titles and similar. Perhaps this is just me. But I could be bored with my MIDI program, or working with something else and think.. Hmm "the answer to the riddle is 'tines'" (from Beyond Zork) and there are some really great games, and you can appreciate the authors humor.

Yes I'll have to admit it. I did like the games like Grandad, Lure of the Temptress, Delphine Games, and all the graphical and text adventures. Solving puzzles etc.

By the way, Beneath a Steel Sky works!!

bid
Atari Super Hero
Atari Super Hero

Postby bid » Tue Apr 12, 2011 11:46 am

Oh, and while I am at it. I wondered what happened to this great site. Looks like a lot of games to work on the TT, obviously in Gem. Image Gem Candy. Real shame as some of the links are dead. One to bring over to the wiki perhaps?

wongck
Ultimate Atarian
Ultimate Atarian

Postby wongck » Tue Apr 12, 2011 12:17 pm

List of over 500 games tested on TT for compatibility is on the wiki, under "compatibility list". :mrgreen:

Edit: the url is wiki/index.php?title=Compatible_games_for_TT
Last edited by wongck on Tue Apr 12, 2011 12:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My Stuff: FB/Falcon CT63+CTPCI ATI R7500 14+512MB 30GB HDD CF HxC_SD EtherNEC/ TT030 68882 4+32MB 520MB Nova/ 520STFM 4MB Tos206 SCSI
Shared SCSI Bus:ScsiLink ethernet, 9GB HDD,SD-reader @ http://phsw.atari.org
My Atari stuff for sale - click here for list

wongck
Ultimate Atarian
Ultimate Atarian

Postby wongck » Tue Apr 12, 2011 12:18 pm

bid wrote:
Shredder11 wrote:If you find F1GP works on the TT, I will be insanely envious! :mrgreen:

Actually I just tried, and was upset it did not work. F1GP is amazing, and way better on the ST than the Amiga. On the TT it would be swhweeet!! And probably absorb many many happy hours. :D

This one I cannot find in the list... so may be needs updating.
My Stuff: FB/Falcon CT63+CTPCI ATI R7500 14+512MB 30GB HDD CF HxC_SD EtherNEC/ TT030 68882 4+32MB 520MB Nova/ 520STFM 4MB Tos206 SCSI

bid
Atari Super Hero
Atari Super Hero

Postby bid » Tue Apr 12, 2011 12:41 pm

wongck wrote:List of over 500 games tested on TT for compatibility is on the wiki, under "compatibility list". :mrgreen:
Edit: the url is wiki/index.php?title=Compatible_games_for_TT

Ok. This is a good find. I thought at first it would spoil our fun here, but....

1. Only half of these are games. And of the games, many are not commercial.
2. For some reason, the tester has tested a lot of crappy games, and certainly very old ones.
(Frontier is not here, and nothing newer certainly - so needs updating)
3. This list needs resorting, as its not all games, since when is Calamus a game?
4. I know for a fact that there are great games that run, that are also fun to play!
5. When we update the list, we should have "date tested". "Version", perhaps a rating "*****" and other columns.

I propose that we should carry on with a updated list here. I have a lot of software that I am going to get round to uploading to TT and testing. And we also include what does not work, and what we would LIKE to work. Discuss workarounds, and hacks etc.

bid
Atari Super Hero
Atari Super Hero

Postby bid » Tue Apr 12, 2011 12:52 pm

wongck wrote:Edit: the url is wiki/index.php?title=Compatible_games_for_TT

Ok. I was just about to ask who Schuylar was. I could not find him on this forum!!

lol. :D Google was my friend, and helped me trace the source of this list!!!! :lol:

There is an archive on the TT030 info site. I download it! The top of the text says

This is an update to a list from about 7 months ago.
OS under Comments means OTHER SOURCE. I myself did not run, or see it
run. There are over 500 titles on the list now. I can be reached by
E-Mail on Delphi- Username: Schuylar

TT Software Compatability Test 5/17/92

Title Run Comments
---------------------------- --- ------------------------------------------

lol lol lol lol sigh :lol: :lol: :lol: :roll:

The list is last updated 1992!!!! Ha ha ha. Jesus TT only came out in what '91 ??!? And really 1991 was a poor year for games. Some really great ones after this.

Plus I am willing to bet that poor Schuylar had no Internet, or Hard Drive. Jesus, I bet we can do better than this BBS effort!! lol He will have to have dug through his collection of bargin ST software on disk, and tried in the TT. No wonder he is testing LeaderBoard Golf. I should want to know about MicroProse Golf, with the 3D graphics flyover, and really playable (although to be honest, I used to play leaderboard as I bought it for £1 at a fleamarket in Rotherham when I was about 17 years old) and was basic but playable.. Just

But come on guys. Surely we can do better than 1992!! lol :lol:

wongck
Ultimate Atarian
Ultimate Atarian

Postby wongck » Tue Apr 12, 2011 1:18 pm

bid wrote:But come on guys. Surely we can do better than 1992!! lol

That's where you step BIG guy... :lol:
All for you to start updating that list.

Sort out what's a game and what's not.
Split the list up into 2 lists, or we move that table to another place... not under game.

What do you say?

Frankly I stopped playing games on the Atari since 1995 or there abouts when I got my PII 450MHz monster.
So I have no idea if Calamus is a game or a proggie that someone have dtp fun with.

NGF
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Postby NGF » Tue Apr 12, 2011 1:42 pm

wongck wrote:
bid wrote:But come on guys. Surely we can do better than 1992!! lol

That's where you step BIG guy... :lol:
All for you to start updating that list.

Sort out what's a game and what's not.
Split the list up into 2 lists, or we move that table to another place... not under game.

What do you say?

Frankly I stopped playing games on the Atari since 1995 or there abouts when I got my PII 450MHz monster.
So I have no idea if Calamus is a game or a proggie that someone have dtp fun with.

Better to start over as we are doing now, that list is old, inaccurate and flooded with other software. A list for working non-games software would be of interest though..

wongck
Ultimate Atarian
Ultimate Atarian

Postby wongck » Tue Apr 12, 2011 2:03 pm

NGF wrote:Better to start over as we are doing now, that list is old, inaccurate and flooded with other software. A list for working non-games software would be of interest though..

Yeap. Agreed.
Can you update the 1st post with the all new information, including future ones?
We can put a link from the wiki to this very thread.

SofiST
Atari Super Hero
Atari Super Hero

Postby SofiST » Tue Apr 12, 2011 3:07 pm

F1GP should work on TT . It works on Falcon, so is 68030 compatible. What I have currently on site ( and works with 1MB RAM too) is hard disk driver dependant, so will not work on TT with SCSI.
But may work on TT with ACSI (Satandisk for instance). I will dig out RAMdisk variant and test with Hatari, then post here .

NGF
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Postby NGF » Tue Apr 12, 2011 3:42 pm

bid wrote:By the way. I would love a good Interactive Fiction A-Machine interpreter for Atari or Magic! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Z-machine This would open the TT up to literally hundreds of games. I love the old Infocom titles and similar. Perhaps this is just me. But I could be bored with my MIDI program, or working with something else and think.. Hmm "the answer to the riddle is 'tines'" (from Beyond Zork) and there are some really great games, and you can appreciate the authors humor.

Yes I'll have to admit it. I did like the games like Grandad, Lure of the Temptress, Delphine Games, and all the graphical and text adventures. Solving puzzles etc.

By the way, Beneath a Steel Sky works!!

What do you mean Beneath a Steel Sky works? There is to my knowledge no atari version of this game?

NGF
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Postby NGF » Tue Apr 12, 2011 5:41 pm

Updated the list, need some help trying out more games from you guys (and finding solutions for nonworking ones aswell). :)

Too bad Chaos Engine and Leander doesn't have music ingame on Atari, they feel incomplete without it.. Maybe it's better without it if you play the horrible WolfChild though :lol:

Ballerburg looks like a pretty cool game, what else artillery/worms games are there for ST?

Social Media

Return to “Games”