SCUMMVM problems

All about games on the Falcon, TT & clones

Moderators: Mug UK, moondog/.tSCc., [ProToS], lp, Moderator Team

wthorbjo
Atari freak
Atari freak

SCUMMVM problems

Postby wthorbjo » Mon Apr 12, 2010 9:29 pm

I was playing around with the latest version (1.1.0) today, and got it to run after turning off memory protection and setting the resolution to 640x480 at 256 colours. However, when I start scummvm, I'm unable to move the mouse pointer - it remains stuck in the top left corner of the screen. When I quit the program by hitting ESC, the mouse pointer is still hidden until I reboot or restart XaAES (I can still use the mouse to select menus, etc., it's just not visible). Google tells me that some others have reported the same issue, and Patrice Mandin has acknowledged that it may be a bug in his SDL port, but my Google-fu isn't strong enough to help me find a workaround. Anybody have any ideas?

I'm running a Falcon/CT63 with 256MB SDRAM and 14MB ST-RAM, and a FreeMiNT install upgraded to kernel version 1-17-cur (to or three month old build by Alan Hourihane).
wthorbjo
Edmonton, AB, Canada
Falcon030/CT63, 1040STE, etc...

MacFalcon
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Re: SCUMMVM problems

Postby MacFalcon » Thu Apr 29, 2010 11:54 am

Try pressing <ctrl><alt><clr home> --> That should give you control for mouse cursor...
Falcon060, 100/25 MHz, 256 MB SD-RAM, PhantomPBS, CTPCI with Radeon, USB and Network Card. atari rulez!

wthorbjo
Atari freak
Atari freak

Postby wthorbjo » Thu Apr 29, 2010 9:00 pm

MacFalcon wrote:Try pressing <ctrl><alt><clr home> --> That should give you control for mouse cursor...

Thanks for the tip! Unfortunately, it didn't work :(

When I start scummvm, it still displays the mouse cursor in the top left corner of the screen, but I can't move it at all. When I quit scummvm again, the mouse pointer is invisible, though I have mouse control (can select menus, etc.). This goes whether I start the program in fullscreen mode (-f) or not.
wthorbjo
Edmonton, AB, Canada

MacFalcon
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Postby MacFalcon » Fri Apr 30, 2010 7:22 am

Which OS and machine are you using? ScummVM runs perfectly on my ct60 falcon with mint/n_aes and mint/myaes. You *might* have trouble with the xaaes as I had those on the Milan (mainly with openTTD, scummVM was working).
Falcon060, 100/25 MHz, 256 MB SD-RAM, PhantomPBS, CTPCI with Radeon, USB and Network Card. atari rulez!

wthorbjo
Atari freak
Atari freak

Postby wthorbjo » Fri Apr 30, 2010 3:03 pm

MacFalcon wrote:Which OS and machine are you using? [...]

I'm running a CT63 Falcon with MiNT/XaAES (EasyMiNT upgraded to kernel 1.17-cur). XaAES might be where the problem lies, then. I've been thinking about trying MyAES for a while, and this could be just the excuse I need.

I'll let you know how I get on!

Edit: Success! With MyAES, or booting to a plain bash shell, the mouse works as it should. I was able to start Monkey Island 2, which I've been wanting to do for a long time. Now I just have to figure out how to get rid of the stuttering in the music :?

I suppose I'm in the market for an MT-32, now :wink:. Actually, what I'd like the most would be a CM-32L, like I had 20 years ago!
wthorbjo
Edmonton, AB, Canada

MacFalcon
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Postby MacFalcon » Mon May 03, 2010 9:18 am

Nice that it did work with myAES! It will do with XAAES, too, it´s just a matter of configuration (SDL_video driver or something like that), but I am not a guru for that :)

Stuttering music... hmm... try the unofficial port from http://www.radix.net/~atari/ it´s a little faster... I have only stuttering with the newest games, the Humongus games (Freddi Fish) work like a charm on my CT60! My daughter loves Freddi Fish :)

jury
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Postby jury » Mon May 03, 2010 11:13 am

MacFalcon wrote:Try pressing <ctrl><alt><clr home> --> That should give you control for mouse cursor...

I'm trying to run OpenTTD for some time now :)
but here I found some new light in the tunnel :)
the combination of <ctrl><alt><clr home> did help a little bit, the openttd cursor still is not movable ( upper left corner ), but the new ( that from Atari ) cursor has appeared and its moving :)
the problem with it is that the new cursor doesnt click anything, maybe you have some clue ?
I ran it on xaaes, on myaes it just doesnt even start.

MacFalcon
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Postby MacFalcon » Tue May 04, 2010 9:26 am

Hey Jury,

I am VERY sorry! I totally forgot about you! Could you email me to christian<dot>hellmuth<at>gmx<dot>de and I hope we will find a way to get openttd running for you!

Best regards,

Chris

wongck
Ultimate Atarian
Ultimate Atarian

Postby wongck » Tue May 04, 2010 11:30 am

MacFalcon... I see you are having fun with your new toy CTPCI :D
My Stuff: FB/Falcon CT63 CTPCI ATI RTL8139 USB 512MB 30GB HDD CF HxC_SD/ TT030 68882 4+32MB 520MB Nova/ 520STFM 4MB Tos206 SCSI
Shared SCSI Bus:ScsiLink ethernet, 9GB HDD,SD-reader @ http://phsw.atari.org
My Atari stuff for sale - click here for list

jvas
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Postby jvas » Wed May 05, 2010 7:22 am

MacFalcon wrote:Hey Jury,

I am VERY sorry! I totally forgot about you! Could you email me to christian<dot>hellmuth<at>gmx<dot>de and I hope we will find a way to get openttd running for you!

Best regards,

Chris

Don't forget to keep up updated ... ;)

MacFalcon
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Postby MacFalcon » Wed May 05, 2010 8:26 am

wongck wrote:MacFalcon... I see you are having fun with your new toy CTPCI :D

Well although I erased FLASH of CTPCI by beta flash060.prg I had a lot of fun with it already! It´s really amazing to browse the web with the Atari in 1280x960 and 16 million colors while listening to webradio :D But when I put in my ct60 the last time something went wrong and I (really) killed my falcon´s motherboard :? :( Luckily CT60 (tested) and CTPCI (not tested) didn´t take damage by that. But I am VERY sad killing my first Falcon mainboard... Now it doesn´t make a picture anymore and CPU is getting hot (>50 Celcius) when I switch it on... DAMN [smilie=greencolorz4_pdt_11.gif]

wongck
Ultimate Atarian
Ultimate Atarian

Postby wongck » Wed May 05, 2010 11:37 am

MacFalcon wrote: But I am VERY sad killing my first Falcon mainboard... Now it doesn´t make a picture anymore and CPU is getting hot (>50 Celcius) when I switch it on... DAMN [smilie=greencolorz4_pdt_11.gif]

Sorry to hear that, and Falc on ebay now are very expensive.
Does CT63 works if you remove the mobo CPU?
I think it should by pass the mobo CPU.
My Stuff: FB/Falcon CT63 CTPCI ATI RTL8139 USB 512MB 30GB HDD CF HxC_SD/ TT030 68882 4+32MB 520MB Nova/ 520STFM 4MB Tos206 SCSI

MacFalcon
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Postby MacFalcon » Thu May 06, 2010 12:07 pm

According to Rodolphe it should work without MB-CPU. I will try that as a last option to have the falcon at least working again. Yesterday I could try the CTPCI, it also works and has no problem.

But today I got an other slap in the face: My 2,5" harddisk (for Jury: the one with openttd on it!!!) died. The electrics are dead! I hope to find a electric of an other harddrive and exchange that (already succesfully did that several times with pc disks). Maybe I could at least make an image...

Main problem is, that all my sources are on that disk... I have backups of the TOS partitions, but not of the ext2 ones :(

When poo happens, then a lot of it!

wongck
Ultimate Atarian
Ultimate Atarian

Postby wongck » Thu May 06, 2010 12:17 pm

MacFalcon wrote:According to Rodolphe it should work without MB-CPU. I will try that as a last option to have the falcon at least working again. Yesterday I could try the CTPCI, it also works and has no problem.

Wow... good guess on my part :mrgreen:
Good job that the CT6x + CTPCI is OK.

wongck
Ultimate Atarian
Ultimate Atarian

Postby wongck » Thu May 06, 2010 12:20 pm

MacFalcon wrote:But today I got an other slap in the face: My 2,5" harddisk (for Jury: the one with openttd on it!!!) died. The electrics are dead! I hope to find a electric of an other harddrive and exchange that (already succesfully did that several times with pc disks). Maybe I could at least make an image...
Main problem is, that all my sources are on that disk... I have backups of the TOS partitions, but not of the ext2 ones :(

Yeah, I understand.
Alor easier to backup TOS partitions than ext2 partitions.
If you need some ideas, my web page on backup have some pointers on this.
http://phsw.110mb.com/sw-mintback.html

jury
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Postby jury » Thu May 06, 2010 1:49 pm

MacFalcon wrote:But today I got an other slap in the face: My 2,5" harddisk (for Jury: the one with openttd on it!!!) died. The electrics are dead! I hope to find a electric of an other harddrive and exchange that (already succesfully did that several times with pc disks). Maybe I could at least make an image...

Oh boy, I really looks bad, first Falcon MB now this, some kind unluck :( . Hope you get all those back on the track :)
I'm doing my ext2 partition backup tonight :)

edit:
started tar'ing my 7 gb ext2 partition :)
than I'll zip it and than scp it to my main linux machine :)
I think this operation will take at least 2 days :)

ups, forgot about 2gb file limit, darn, have to backup it in parts :)

MacFalcon
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Postby MacFalcon » Fri May 07, 2010 7:53 am

wongck wrote:

Yeah, I understand.
Alor easier to backup TOS partitions than ext2 partitions.
If you need some ideas, my web page on backup have some pointers on this.
http://phsw.110mb.com/sw-mintback.html

Thanks a lot mate! I will now do .tars of my ext2 partition regularly! For backing up the TOS (and fat32) partitions I use CD- Writer Suite from www.anodynesoftware.com. It's excellent for that as usually you don have partitions over 2 GByte and you can backup whole partition on a DVD.

wongck
Ultimate Atarian
Ultimate Atarian

Postby wongck » Fri May 07, 2010 3:31 pm

good luck with your new mobo for the falc.

030falcon030
Atari Super Hero
Atari Super Hero

Postby 030falcon030 » Sun May 09, 2010 12:25 am

Wow that's a real shitter man. Thats like the nightmare scenario of any falcon owner (and I have had moments where I thought I killed mine).
The hard drive breaking just takes the piss as well, brings it home I need to backup mine and my st's hard drive both of which have some unique programs and code written by my dad on.
On a lighter note has anyone tried the 2 discworld adventures (great games I have all them and noir for pc) with scummvm yet?
Beneath a steel sky I am looking forward to trying too. This thread looks like it could give me some help if I run into any problems so thanks!
hmmm:/
I have an ste 4mb... with a 20mb powerdrive slimline and a cumana external fdd.
And a falcon 14mb w/ ct63 + ctpci

Dal
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Dal » Thu Jul 07, 2011 4:09 pm

Where can the SDL runtime for the Falcon be downloaded from. I see there is the Devel version on Patrice's site, but no compiled runtime - or am I missing something?
Mega"SST" 12, MegaSTE, STE: Desktopper case, IDE interface, UltraSatan (8GB + 512Mb) + HXC floppy emulator. Plus some STE's/STFM's

simonsunnyboy

Postby simonsunnyboy » Thu Jul 07, 2011 6:14 pm

AFAIk there are no seperate SDL runtimes or libraries. IIRC on the Atari, SDL is always staically linked into the application.
Simon Sunnyboy/Paradize - http://paradize.atari.org/

Stay cool, stay Atari!

1x2600jr, 1x1040STFm, 1x1040STE 4MB+TOS2.06+SatanDisk, 1xF030 14MB+FPU+NetUS-Bee

Dal
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Dal » Thu Jul 07, 2011 6:25 pm

Right so an update to SDL requires a recompile of the SCUMMVM binary then
Mega"SST" 12, MegaSTE, STE: Desktopper case, IDE interface, UltraSatan (8GB + 512Mb) + HXC floppy emulator. Plus some STE's/STFM's

Social Media

Return to “Games”