Problems with God-Pey

Speaking with the gods about their latest releases or various subjects

Moderators: Moderator Team, Reservoir Gods

Sauron
Atari User
Atari User

Problems with God-Pey

Postby Sauron » Fri Jan 16, 2004 11:30 pm

I've been playing God-Pey for quite a while now on my Falcon, and haven't had any problems with it. Today I just received a new VGA adapter for my Falcon, so I now have it connected to a VGA monitor. Ever since I did that, though, God-Pey now seems to be running twice as fast as it should. That includes the gameplay AND the chipmusic, which seems to be on "fast forward" mode. It worked fine before when using an RGB monitor. Any ideas on why this is just now happening?

Pink/RG

Postby Pink/RG » Tue Jan 27, 2004 7:26 pm

this sounds like it could be the double vbl bug.

you should be able to fix this by running the utility "TWINSYNC".

Sauron
Atari User
Atari User

Postby Sauron » Wed Jan 28, 2004 11:17 pm

I found and downloaded TWINSYNC, ran it, then ran GodPey, but now it runs slower and glitchy instead of running super fast. The music also sounds garbled. The game is more playable in superfast mode, but I guess I'll have to resign myself to using an RGB monitor to play it. Thanks anyway! :D

sh3-rg
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Postby sh3-rg » Thu Jan 29, 2004 7:35 pm

Sauron wrote:I found and downloaded TWINSYNC, ran it, then ran GodPey, but now it runs slower and glitchy instead of running super fast. The music also sounds garbled. The game is more playable in superfast mode, but I guess I'll have to resign myself to using an RGB monitor to play it. Thanks anyway! :D

Well that's odd... we've tested it on all kinds of hardware & just running it in VGA has never been a problem.

Could it be anything to do with being in the US? Had these issues with any other proggy other than good ol' God Pey?

kevd
fxXxings to disco mobile

Sauron
Atari User
Atari User

Postby Sauron » Thu Jan 29, 2004 10:53 pm

shPEArg wrote:Well that's odd... we've tested it on all kinds of hardware & just running it in VGA has never been a problem.

Could it be anything to do with being in the US? Had these issues with any other proggy other than good ol' God Pey?

kevd

All of the other RG games work flawlessly. GodPey is the only one I've seen this happen with, and even then it only happens with VGA. It's not that big of a deal though, the game is still quite playable, but quite a bit harder to rack up the big scores now. Guess I'll just have to play some more Chu-Chu Rocket instead. :D

sh3-rg
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Postby sh3-rg » Fri Jan 30, 2004 1:22 am

We'll have to look at this at some point... maybe for the ct60 version ;)
fxXxings to disco mobile

Stratagem
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Postby Stratagem » Sun Mar 07, 2004 8:51 pm

kev, cluck for ct60... but i can take a look on this problem here...

Social Media

Return to “Reservoir Gods”