Dark side of the spoon

This is where you post all your requests for demos, intros, pubtros etc...

Moderators: Mug UK, lotek_style, Moderator Team

Ryo

Dark side of the spoon

Postby Ryo » Mon Apr 29, 2002 2:03 pm

Does there exist a patch to make turn the mega-demo Dark side of the spoon???

Thanks

Ryo.

Brume
Red eyes
Red eyes

Postby Brume » Tue Apr 30, 2002 4:59 pm

Yes there is a patch to unprotect this megademo, but it doesn't allow to run correctly the main menu with emulators such as Steem or SainT. So it is useless at the moment.

Before you ask: I don't have it, sorry :cry:

Gunstick

trying to make it work...

Postby Gunstick » Wed May 22, 2002 5:17 pm

Can someone send me that patch so
I might release a special version officially supported by ULM.
Also any programmer of emulators should contact me, I'll send over the mainmenu sources so it could be made to work.

Gunstick
http://ulm.atari.org/
gkes@cpu.lu

MoodST
Brume's Right Hand
Brume's Right Hand

Waouw, great news,

Postby MoodST » Wed May 22, 2002 5:29 pm

I haven't got the patch,
I haven't got the sources,

but I support you 100% if you manage to get a release of the Dark Side working on Steem.

This is a great challenge, and probably one of the most awaited news from all ST Demomaniacs on the web.....isn't it Brume ??? :wink:

thanks by advance,

MoodST

C-Rem
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

daaaark siiiiiiiide of theeee spooooon !!!!!!

Postby C-Rem » Thu May 23, 2002 5:57 pm

oh yes !! dark side of the spoon running with steem ... my dream ....
please ... do it ... pleaaassssee !!!!!!!!!

leonard

Postby leonard » Thu May 23, 2002 10:57 pm

I'm crying, everybody speak about one and only emulator ! :-) Do you know SainT ? I know SainT suffer of bad compatiblity and complex setup. But soon I'll release SainT 1.00beta, wich have to be the best "demo viewer" ever ! :-) Easy configuration, real 400*300 fullscreen support, disk-drive sound, so... total demo immersion !
Concerning DSOTS, just know the problem is not the protection but the video sync method. (Hey gunstick, you're sync rout is a nightmare to emulate !! waiting VBL using cmp $ffff8201 in sr=$2700 mode is a pain ! :-))
Ok, to keep people alive, here is a screenshot from a famous demo running on the new SainT, *the* demo viewer ! :-)
Cheers,
Arnaud Carré
Leonard/OXYGENE.

MoodST
Brume's Right Hand
Brume's Right Hand

I can't believe my eyes....

Postby MoodST » Fri May 24, 2002 8:03 am

Hi Arnaud,

No need to cry, we all know Saint is another great emulator, and I suppose like myself, everybody is using both emulators depending on what to emulate..

This is a pretty good news to hear about a new release coming, especially when you send this kind of snapshot :wink: I cannot believe my eyes 8O , have you done it ???? :D

From what we read on this Forum, the emulation of the Dark Side will be a huge step in Atari demo emulation, and many fans are wainting for this.

By the way, and talking about another demo, any chance to see the Songs of the Unexpected STe demo emulated some day ?

anyway, it is good to keep this "friendly competition" between Steem and Saint, Atari emulation will be closer and closer to perfection.

Thanks a lot,

Cheers,

MoodST

Zorro 2
Administrator
Administrator

I just say...

Postby Zorro 2 » Fri May 24, 2002 8:18 am

leonard wrote:I'm crying, everybody speak about one and only emulator ! :-) Do you know SainT ? I know SainT suffer of bad compatiblity and complex setup.

:cry: Sorry Leonard, my configuration AMD+ATI+DirectX v8 doesn't work with your emulator with two last version.

leonard wrote:But soon I'll release SainT 1.00beta, wich have to be the best "demo viewer" ever ! :-) Easy configuration, real 400*300 fullscreen support, disk-drive sound, so... total demo immersion !

:lol: I try it with no problem and developp on it if "the demo viewer" run on my config.

Leonard, make more update of your emulator please, developping THE emulator to see great demo Atari with big overscan, raster, ... IS A BIG IDEA !!!

I will be patient to see the Dark Side of the Spoon, C-Rem and others.
Member of NoExtra Team

Gunstick

Postby Gunstick » Fri May 24, 2002 9:36 pm

> waiting VBL using cmp $ffff8201 in sr=$2700 mode is a pain

Oh, why that?
At the time it seemed quite easy.
You must know, that ULM was a fullscreen programming crew just out of lazyness. Much easier to do fullscreens instead of messing around with those interrupts.
So how to get the VBL without using an interrupt?
I read now the 10 year old code and can't really figure out myself why it's working :-)

How are you getting along with the multiple sync routines in the mainmenu? Those are needed because the keyboard has variable waitstates, and we have to read the keyboard so often because you can use the joystick in the mainmenu!

Yes DSOTS is has the only joystick controlled fullscreen.

leonard

SainT

Postby leonard » Tue May 28, 2002 6:01 pm

Today I just fixed an MFP bug in SainT, and here is a screenshot of one of my fave fullscreen demo on ATARI !
I really want to release SainT soon but I have to fixe some cosmetics bugs with mouse and joystick (so "gamers" can use SainT !), playing with nasty directX8 compatibility and last but not least, write a nice HTML doc for the end-user.
If anyone have some nice "little" graphics for an HTML documentation (some gfx for chapters or anythink you want), feel free to send to me. I don't promize I can reply or make comment on all gfx.
cheers,
Arnaud Carré
SainT survivor.
Leonard/OXYGENE.

C-Rem
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

cool !

Postby C-Rem » Tue May 28, 2002 8:59 pm

Leonard rules... :D

leonard

Darkside release

Postby leonard » Tue Jun 04, 2002 6:14 pm

The first "almost" working version of Darkside on emulator !

Get it on my webpage http://leonard.oxg.free.fr/SainT/saint.html

As the mainmenu is not working, press key "n" during the boot to get a no-menu version of the demo.

Enjoy !
Leonard/OXYGENE.

ryo

Postby ryo » Wed Jun 05, 2002 12:16 pm

Very great. Thanks Leonard..... :P :D :) :lol:

Postby Guest » Tue Dec 17, 2002 8:11 am

DSOTS werk perfectly in steem for me.. is it something wrong with steem since everyone seem to talk about saint? steem has run every demo I have tossed at it sofar... Infact Im now running it in the background just to listen to musix from the demos :)

MoodST
Brume's Right Hand
Brume's Right Hand

Just a matter of time

Postby MoodST » Tue Dec 17, 2002 1:01 pm

The discussion above happened at a time when steem could not emulate the Dark Side of the Spoon. It happened that new releases of steem and Patched version of the Dark Side of the Spoon by Leonard allowed it to run perfectly on Steem too.

Cheers,

MoodST

Social Media

Return to “Demos - Requests”