Stos Demo Request

This is where you post all your requests for demos, intros, pubtros etc...

Moderators: Mug UK, lotek_style, Moderator Team

The Real KrazyK
Atarian
Atarian

Stos Demo Request

Postby The Real KrazyK » Fri Dec 05, 2003 11:57 am

Hi ppl,
Does anyone have the Stosser Megademo or know where I can get it from as i've searched the entire web (seems like it anyway) and cannot find it anywhere :?:
It was a 2 disk demo that was created by the regulars from the Stosser diskmag back in '94. I belive that Martin Cubitt collated it and distributed it to the regulars.
I was one of the contributers to that demo and still have my old code but alas - have lost the disks.
Also, if anyone know the whereabouts of Martin Cubitt, Tony Greenwood, Deano, Darran Taplin, Martin Milner, Bob Goodfellow, and the rest of the stosser crew then please contact me as it would be great to here from them again.

TIA
KrazyK

Darran
Atarian
Atarian

Postby Darran » Mon Jan 05, 2004 12:08 am

Hi

Completely forgot about the Stosser demo,must be nearly 10 years ago now.Still have my St though its not been used in years. I recently downloaded STeem and am very impressed at how well it handles the demos.

I still live in the south east of England and am a frustrated demo programmer,the PC is not like the ol St,it may had flashy gfx and sounds but there is something missing.

would also love to hear from fellow stossers

Darran Taplin

TonyG
Atarian
Atarian

Postby TonyG » Sun Sep 05, 2004 5:05 pm

Well I am still alive.. I started STOSSER diskzine around 1992.. I wont go on.. All well documented :)

I never liked the STOSSER Demo .. I contributed to the demo... The opening screen to STOSSER 5 iirc but STOS was never for DEMOs and I still think it was a bad idea...

Mug UK
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Mug UK » Sun Sep 05, 2004 6:41 pm

Got it on a Floppyshop CD...

Will try and image up into MSA format and upload here.

DEM.4948 & DEM.4949 THE STOSSER DEMO by Martin Cubitt and Friends - A
two disk selection containing thirteen small demos by regular contributors
to the STOSSER diskzine. Demos include a tracker screen, a demo based around
the Rainbow star, Zippy and a collection of mandlebrots. Other screens have
lots of scrollers, music and graphic effects and all are coded in 100% STOS.
A great example of what you can do with STOS if you really put your mind to
it.
My main site: http://www.mug-uk.co.uk - slowly digging up the bits from my past (and re-working a few): Atari ST, Sega 8-bit (game hacks) and NDS (Music ripping guide).

I develop a free Word (for Windows) add-in that's available for Word 2007 upwards. It's a fix-it toolbox that will allow power Word users to fix document errors. You can find it at: http://www.mikestoolbox.co.uk

Mug UK
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Mug UK » Sun Sep 05, 2004 6:51 pm

Here we go .. tested under TOS v1.4 but doesn't work under TOS 2.06 which is no surprise as it's STOS.

One for Moa/Megatari to sit down and fix with the new STOS patcher tool.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
My main site: http://www.mug-uk.co.uk - slowly digging up the bits from my past (and re-working a few): Atari ST, Sega 8-bit (game hacks) and NDS (Music ripping guide).

I develop a free Word (for Windows) add-in that's available for Word 2007 upwards. It's a fix-it toolbox that will allow power Word users to fix document errors. You can find it at: http://www.mikestoolbox.co.uk

Nev (Orbital Software)
Obsessive compulsive Atari behavior

Postby Nev (Orbital Software) » Thu Nov 25, 2004 9:44 pm

EZ People.

Hows it going? I'm back!

8)

:wink:

Heh heh.

Peace...
-=0rB17@l 50f7w@R3=-

sinbad
Retro freak
Retro freak

Re: Stos Demo Request

Postby sinbad » Thu Sep 18, 2008 1:13 pm

The Real KrazyK wrote:Hi ppl,
Does anyone have the Stosser Megademo or know where I can get it from as i've searched the entire web (seems like it anyway) and cannot find it anywhere :?:
It was a 2 disk demo that was created by the regulars from the Stosser diskmag back in '94. I belive that Martin Cubitt collated it and distributed it to the regulars.
I was one of the contributers to that demo and still have my old code but alas - have lost the disks.
Also, if anyone know the whereabouts of Martin Cubitt, Tony Greenwood, Deano, Darran Taplin, Martin Milner, Bob Goodfellow, and the rest of the stosser crew then please contact me as it would be great to here from them again.

TIA
KrazyK

KRAZYK!!!

sinbad
Retro freak
Retro freak

Re:

Postby sinbad » Thu Sep 18, 2008 1:14 pm

Darran wrote:Hi

Completely forgot about the Stosser demo,must be nearly 10 years ago now.Still have my St though its not been used in years. I recently downloaded STeem and am very impressed at how well it handles the demos.

I still live in the south east of England and am a frustrated demo programmer,the PC is not like the ol St,it may had flashy gfx and sounds but there is something missing.

would also love to hear from fellow stossers

Darran Taplin

DARRAN!!!!!!

sinbad
Retro freak
Retro freak

Re:

Postby sinbad » Thu Sep 18, 2008 1:14 pm

TonyG wrote:Well I am still alive.. I started STOSSER diskzine around 1992.. I wont go on.. All well documented :)

I never liked the STOSSER Demo .. I contributed to the demo... The opening screen to STOSSER 5 iirc but STOS was never for DEMOs and I still think it was a bad idea...

TONY!!!!!!!!! [for it is he!]

mOa

Postby mOa » Thu Sep 18, 2008 6:32 pm

muguk wrote:One for Moa/Megatari to sit down and fix with the new STOS patcher tool.

Well... no more patching needed . GGN STOS fix does it all ;)

Mug UK
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Mug UK » Thu Sep 18, 2008 7:28 pm

Glad to see you're still alive Moa :) There can't be much STOS stuff left that isn't patched?

sinbad
Retro freak
Retro freak

Postby sinbad » Sun Apr 09, 2017 8:01 am

Nostalgia, right there, in this thread!

Social Media

Return to “Demos - Requests”