Looking for Norwegian stuff - especially OUCH!

This is where you post all your requests for demos, intros, pubtros etc...

Moderators: Mug UK, lotek_style, Moderator Team

Thordarson
Atariator
Atariator

Looking for Norwegian stuff - especially OUCH!

Postby Thordarson » Thu May 24, 2007 1:31 pm

Hello,

this is my first post here. I have recently taken my old STE from the attic, imported an 1040ST without the E from Sweden, swapped an Amiga 3000 into a Mega ST 4 with internal HDD (what a good swap, huh? :-)), and is now all ready to explore the ST again, and found all my good old source disks with all that devpac stuff, and some unreleased demos.

But as I am a little newcomer to the RETROscene I am not sure if I have all the oversight. Is there any Norwegian demo sceners active here, and is there some web place with focus on the Scandinavian Atari scene?

I was in the group O.U.C.H (which consisted mostly of the people who were described as "the Nutty Norwegians" in ST News in their Norwegian tour), and I made a demo disk toghether with Wizzcat which later became member of Delta Force using the handle Lord Hackbear. [EDIT: I remembered wrong. Hackbear is/was another OUCH member, sorry for the confusion!] This disk was to be sent to the Norwegian Dator Magazine to the demo compo, but the magazine was shut down shortly after. The disk contained one ST demo by Wizzcat using all the CPU time available, one ST demo by me featuring fairly oldskool sideborderscroller and lots of moving pixels, and one STE-only demo by me which basically was a slideshow with hardwarescrolling and one rasterbar with two scrollers in medium resolution (640x200) which split up the screen, all parts moving.

I checked the floppy this morning, watched the demos for the first time for several years and it worked all fine :D

I am going to get this stuff converted and put it up here soon, but I would like to check if some of this stuff or other OUCH stuff already leaked out on the net. I do not know if some of it already is uploaded as I lost contact with all the ST people shortly after.

I found three OUCH demos on Pouet, by Wizzcat and Zealot, that was all. Other places to look? Is there any OUCHers on this forum? :)
Last edited by Thordarson on Fri May 25, 2007 8:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Thordarson

spiny
Disk Imager Supreme
Disk Imager Supreme

Postby spiny » Thu May 24, 2007 3:07 pm

I'd like to see them :)

Zorro 2
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Zorro 2 » Thu May 24, 2007 3:13 pm

At first, welcome mister Thordarson.

I remember Ouch by the "Songs Of The Unexpected", famous disk-zik with VGT-raster'like intro. You want to need exactely from the crew (intros, sources, demos, etc...), I may can help you...

You can see some OUCH's stuffs on http://pacidemo.planet-d.net/, POV part by exemple...
Member of NoExtra Team

Mug UK
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Mug UK » Thu May 24, 2007 6:46 pm

I'm a little confused by your sentence re: Wizzcat.

Was Wizzcat previously known as Lord Hackbear before joining Deltaforce?

or

Were you known as Lord Hackbear?
My main site: http://www.mug-uk.co.uk - slowly digging up the bits from my past (and re-working a few): Atari ST, Sega 8-bit (game hacks) and NDS (Music ripping guide).

I develop a free Word (for Windows) add-in that's available for Word 2007 upwards. It's a fix-it toolbox that will allow power Word users to fix document errors. You can find it at: http://www.mikestoolbox.co.uk

Marcer
Atarilegend
Atarilegend

Postby Marcer » Thu May 24, 2007 8:10 pm

Karl Ander Oygard.. Author of the popular Protracker 2.0 and former Esion XLI.. then later on got into Delta force as Wizzcat.

I have some old OUCH stuffs.. Party invit stuff etc..

// Marcer
- Atari ST/FM/E - Mega sTe - Portfolio - Falcon 030 FX 3 in 1 -- Atari 7800/Lynx/Jaguar -
- FTP... Ask for info
- Atari Legend (Games all-a-round)
- Paradize (Chip Music)
- Elite (Atari Softs)
- The Legion (Demos)
- Alive Maggie Team
_/|\_YM-RockerZ_/|\_

Thordarson
Atariator
Atariator

Postby Thordarson » Thu May 24, 2007 8:10 pm

Hmm... I thought he changed name from Wizzcat to Lord Hackbear when entering DF, but it is possible I am mistaken. I lost contact when I quit the scene. I do not remember so well.

I was never known as anything on the ST due to that I never really released my demos :)

muguk wrote:I'm a little confused by your sentence re: Wizzcat.

or

Thordarson

Thordarson
Atariator
Atariator

Postby Thordarson » Thu May 24, 2007 8:13 pm

Karl Anders Øygard it spells. The sound of Ø is rather hard to explain to those who only know English :D

Marcer wrote:Karl Ander Oygard.. Author of the popular Protracker 2.0 and former Esion XLI.. then later on got into Delta force as Wizzcat.

I have some old OUCH stuffs.. Party invit stuff etc..

// Marcer
Thordarson

Mug UK
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Mug UK » Thu May 24, 2007 9:24 pm

Ah right .. welcome to the forum anyway :)

The more the merrier :)
My main site: http://www.mug-uk.co.uk - slowly digging up the bits from my past (and re-working a few): Atari ST, Sega 8-bit (game hacks) and NDS (Music ripping guide).

I develop a free Word (for Windows) add-in that's available for Word 2007 upwards. It's a fix-it toolbox that will allow power Word users to fix document errors. You can find it at: http://www.mikestoolbox.co.uk

Bnicke
Obsessive compulsive Atari behavior
Obsessive compulsive Atari behavior

Postby Bnicke » Thu May 24, 2007 11:11 pm

Ah, hello Thordarson... Nice to know that your STfm arrived safely.. :)
/Niklas

p01
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Postby p01 » Fri May 25, 2007 6:46 am

Thordarson: Hi. Are you in Oslo ? AFAIK there's only a few semi-active ST sceners there: D-Bug/NeXT, EVIL/DHS ( I think that's him, at least there's s1 from DHS :p ), and myself P01/RIBBON ( ex Poï poï/Amnesic Cactus ).

Karl Anders is still around, working at Opera. But he seems to have moved on and lost track of the demo scene. He was quite surprised to know there's still people producing on Atari.

For people who know a bit of French, Øy, is basically pronounced like "oeil".

Thordarson
Atariator
Atariator

Postby Thordarson » Fri May 25, 2007 8:32 am

Now I checked out some of the old floppies, and sorry for the wrong information: Hackbear is NOT the same guy as Wizzcat. I just mixed it up in my head. (My first post up here is edited now).

Hackbear is another OUCH member which released OUCH STE Slideshow among other things.

muguk wrote:I'm a little confused by your sentence re: Wizzcat.

or

Thordarson

Thordarson
Atariator
Atariator

Postby Thordarson » Fri May 25, 2007 8:39 am

Hi :)

Yes, I live in Oslo :)

You should not happen to have copies of the Norwegian disk magazine ST Klubben? I have lost them...

Do you have some web pages with your stuff or something?

p01 wrote:Thordarson: Hi. Are you in Oslo ? AFAIK there's only a few semi-active ST sceners there: D-Bug/NeXT, EVIL/DHS ( I think that's him, at least there's s1 from DHS :p ), and myself P01/RIBBON ( ex Poï poï/Amnesic Cactus ).

Karl Anders is still around, working at Opera. But he seems to have moved on and lost track of the demo scene. He was quite surprised to know there's still people producing on Atari.

For people who know a bit of French, Øy, is basically pronounced like "oeil".
Thordarson

p01
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Postby p01 » Fri May 25, 2007 9:26 am

Sorry I'm a froggy living/working in Norway since 1.5year, og jeg er dårlig i Norsk. Fordi jeg har ikke ST Klubben.

All my releases ( ST, PC, web ) are on my site ( click on my sig ), and most of them are on Pouet as well.

Thordarson
Atariator
Atariator

Postby Thordarson » Fri May 25, 2007 9:52 am

I see you joined Opera Software. So that explains why opera is fast, small and has yet not grown into bloatware. That is because old atari coders now code for opera?? can you put a hidden fujiboink demo screen in Opera??? :D :D

If you stay in Oslo, then I think ST Klubben would be one of the most entertaining ways to learn Norwegian - second to human interacion :) I will try to get them again, tell you if I got some!

p01 wrote:Sorry I'm a froggy living/working in Norway since 1.5year, og jeg er dårlig i Norsk. Fordi jeg har ikke ST Klubben.

All my releases ( ST, PC, web ) are on my site ( click on my sig ), and most of them are on Pouet as well.
Thordarson

p01
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Postby p01 » Fri May 25, 2007 11:14 am

I don't work on the browser itself. Wizzcat OTOH works on the core. He's one of people responsible for us passing Acid2.

Too bad Nintendo changed their mind for the help of the Wii browser. I made the JS for it in the beta of the browser, and could probably have done something :p

Could be fun to try and read some issues of ST Klubben.

Cronos
Atari freak
Atari freak

Re: Looking for Norwegian stuff - especially OUCH!

Postby Cronos » Fri Aug 08, 2008 11:31 am

Late reply :-(

Lord HackBear (LHB) is Torbjorn Ose, from Norway. So called because he hacked the Thalion Sound Demo in 1990/1991 somewhere which was deemed unhackable and uncopyable. He was not really part of the 'scene', demo-wise nor hacking-wise.
Richard Karsmakers

http://www.STNICCC.com (1990, 2000, 2015, 2032 :-))
http://www.ST-NEWS.com (1986-1996)
"Ultimate Virus Killer 2000" (1987-2004)

Mug UK
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Mug UK » Fri Aug 08, 2008 12:08 pm

He also 'cracked' the Amiga & BIG demos and did two menu disks with lots of these demos (of that time) on the same disk.

MiggyMog
Atari Super Hero
Atari Super Hero

Postby MiggyMog » Sun Aug 17, 2008 9:25 pm

I missed this thread first time round, but think it is great that an ST Scener who made cool stuff on the ST helped make the cool browser I am using now, and have used on & off since 1998. I think the original boast against the bloatware rival was that the whole think fits on a few floppy disks :-) we now have Opera mini for the Mobiles.
('< o o o o |''| STM,2xSTFM,2xSTE+HD,C-Lab Falcon MK2+HD,Satandisk,Ultrasatandisk,Ethernat.

solskogen
Atariator
Atariator

Postby solskogen » Fri Mar 14, 2014 12:27 pm

I don't suppose any of you have a copy of the norwegian diskmag STench?

lotek_style
Mod(ul)erator
Mod(ul)erator

Postby lotek_style » Fri Mar 14, 2014 5:01 pm

Well it's not int he Fujiology archive... yet... If anyone has it please post it :)
lotek style / the sirius cybernetics corporation
- musician - ascii-artist - swapper - archivist -

.tSCc. - low-tech atari cyberpunks since 1990
http://www.tscc.de/ | http://demozoo.org/ | http://www.lotekstyle.de/ | http://ymrockerz.atari.org/

Social Media

Return to “Demos - Requests”