Demozoo removals

This is where you post all your requests for demos, intros, pubtros etc...

Moderators: Mug UK, lotek_style, Moderator Team

Rajah Lone
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Demozoo removals

Postby Rajah Lone » Mon Aug 12, 2019 2:03 pm

This is not a demo title, though the subject runs as long as a demo making.

I regularly notice that my not-demoscene and out-dated versions softwares are still listed on demozoo.org and pouet.net. I asked the admins to remove them, but still no effect nor answer. For exemple: https://demozoo.org/sceners/33044/

Moreover, wanting to delete my own softwares, my account was disabled after. Please tell ltk_tscc to remove them once and for all. And also, enable my account because I'm probably the one who will have to add the compos entries after the "Alchimie treize" party (1-2-3 Nov 2019).

@lotek : stop adding (my) crap to these websites. Just ask the authors before.

mikro
Hardware Guru
Hardware Guru

Re: Demozoo removals

Postby mikro » Mon Aug 12, 2019 4:14 pm

Rajah, I understand your frustration (it applies to many of my software releases as well, not only on Demozoo but for instance also for Marcer's DVD) but once you have released something, I don't think you have right to ask other people how to treat your productions. You can ask the admins to update or change something, sure, but if they don't reply, there's nothing you can do about it. Welcome to the Internet. :)

P.S. However Lotek and the guys are actually nice people, so there's a good chance you can find some agreement.

Rajah Lone
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Postby Rajah Lone » Mon Aug 12, 2019 4:31 pm

Thanks, but I asked the admins and modos: no effect. I still maintain my software, I code for free, I ask nothing in return, but I consider still having the right of fatherhood: how my productions is distributed: as far I as I am concerned, I do not want old crappy versions of not-demoscene programs still available on a demoscene website. I love demoscene but I don't want my softwares related to it. These live in another category.

I asked politely Lotek a long time ago, but he fails, forgets or runs away. No chances to find an agreement, unless I shout my anger against him.

Rajah Lone
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Postby Rajah Lone » Tue Aug 13, 2019 10:04 am

When I ask to remove one entry on pouet.net.
To reject my argument "my crap is not demoscene stuff", Havoc quotes : pouët != scene && scene != pouët
This is insane.
Are these websites unable to remove datas?

havoc
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Postby havoc » Sat Aug 17, 2019 2:21 am

Thanks for those nice words spoken behind my back!
A more verbose version of my statement would be: "Not being in the "demoscene domain" (whatever that means exactly) in and of itself is not a reason for a prod to be deleted from Pouet.net." But I figured you, as an obviously skilled programmer, would also grasp the short version.

wongck
Ultimate Atarian
Ultimate Atarian

Postby wongck » Sat Aug 17, 2019 4:08 am

havoc wrote:would also grasp the short version.

LOL funny
better try GFA version instead of C
My Stuff: FB/Falcon CT63 CTPCI ATI RTL8139 USB 512MB 30GB HDD CF HxC_SD/ TT030 68882 4+32MB 520MB Nova/ 520STFM 4MB Tos206 SCSI
Shared SCSI Bus:ScsiLink ethernet, 9GB HDD,SD-reader @ http://phsw.atari.org
My Atari stuff for sale - click here for list

jfl
Atari Super Hero
Atari Super Hero

Postby jfl » Sat Aug 17, 2019 7:58 am

I'm not getting this whole argument concerning Rajah's software but how about removing it from the website in question and be done with it?
Jean-François
GEMDict – GEMClip

joska
Hardware Guru
Hardware Guru

Postby joska » Sat Aug 17, 2019 11:46 am

jfl wrote:I'm not getting this whole argument concerning Rajah's software but how about removing it from the website in question and be done with it?

That is exactly what Rajah is asking demozoo to do, but he/they apparently won't...
Jo Even

VanillaMiNT - Firebee - Falcon060 - Milan060 - Falcon040 - MIST - Mega ST - STM - STE - Amiga 600 - Sharp MZ700 - MSX - Amstrad CPC - C64

joska
Hardware Guru
Hardware Guru

Postby joska » Sat Aug 17, 2019 11:49 am

havoc wrote:A more verbose version of my statement would be: "Not being in the "demoscene domain" (whatever that means exactly) in and of itself is not a reason for a prod to be deleted from Pouet.net." But I figured you, as an obviously skilled programmer, would also grasp the short version.

And an author's request is not a reason either?
Jo Even

VanillaMiNT - Firebee - Falcon060 - Milan060 - Falcon040 - MIST - Mega ST - STM - STE - Amiga 600 - Sharp MZ700 - MSX - Amstrad CPC - C64

havoc
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Postby havoc » Sat Aug 17, 2019 12:21 pm

joska: The commonly accepted definitions of those words are not exactly the same indeed.

joska
Hardware Guru
Hardware Guru

Postby joska » Sat Aug 17, 2019 1:51 pm

So if the author of a piece of software requests pouet to remove references to his software, then this request is not respected by pouet.
Jo Even

havoc
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Postby havoc » Sat Aug 17, 2019 2:07 pm

Every request we get is evaluated similarly and individually, and we always listen to both sides of a story. If you think those are bad habits, so be it.

Social Media

Return to “Demos - Requests”