All about modules/digital tunes in a variety of tracker & sampled formats

Moderators: Mug UK, lotek_style, Moderator Team

dougfly
Atarian
Atarian

question - How to update files created with MasterTracks Pro

Postby dougfly » Wed Aug 19, 2015 3:40 am

Hi all,

I hope this is the right forum in which to post.

I have what I believe may be the original version of MasterTracks Pro for theAtari 1040ST (circa late '80s / early '90s) and I'd like to be able to bring my old sequences (stored on diskettes) into the new millenium. The diskettes are not readable by my current Mac and only one of the sequences was stored in the General MIDI format.

Is there any way to convert / bulk convert these diskettes / sequences so that they are readable by a modern DAW?

I am using a Macbook Pro Retina running OS 10.9.5 but I also have a number of other computers including a PC running Windows XP. I have a functioningAtari 1040 (no hard drive) and could potentially convert them one by one but I'm not sure how I should format the diskettes or even on which device I should format them.

Thanks for any help :)

Dal
Administrator
Administrator

Re: question - How to update files created with MasterTracks Pro

Postby Dal » Wed Aug 19, 2015 7:28 am

Your least expensive option is to buy a USB floppy drive for your Mac. You can then convert each sequence to GM on the ST and copy then over.

The Mac will happily read disks formatted on the Atari.
TT030: 4MB/16MB + Crazy Dots, Mega"SST" 12, MegaSTE, STE: Desktopper case, IDE interface, UltraSatan (8GB + 512Mb) + HXC floppy emulator. Plus some STE's/STFM's

Social Media

Return to “The Digital Department”