standalone YM sound effect editor?

All about chiptunes

Moderators: Mug UK, lotek_style, Moderator Team

simonsunnyboy

standalone YM sound effect editor?

Postby simonsunnyboy » Thu May 29, 2014 4:22 pm

Hi,

i'm looking for a standalone YM sound effect editor. I know of some outputing GFABASIC statements or those builtin into trackers. Both are of no use for me.
Complete music is not the focus, just plain sound effects like a bell or the keyclick sound. Are there any tools available on the ST that will output m68k code or XBIOS32 compatible data streams for useful effect input?

E.q. i want to edit the effect properties with the mouse and then save to something usable.

Regards,
ssb
Simon Sunnyboy/Paradize - http://paradize.atari.org/

Stay cool, stay Atari!

1x2600jr, 1x1040STFm, 1x1040STE 4MB+TOS2.06+SatanDisk, 1xF030 14MB+FPU+NetUS-Bee

evil
Obsessive compulsive Atari behavior
Obsessive compulsive Atari behavior

Re: standalone YM sound effect editor?

Postby evil » Thu May 29, 2014 7:09 pm

simonsunnyboy wrote:i'm looking for a standalone YM sound effect editor. I know of some outputing GFABASIC statements or those builtin into trackers. Both are of no use for me.
Complete music is not the focus, just plain sound effects like a bell or the keyclick sound. Are there any tools available on the ST that will output m68k code or XBIOS32 compatible data streams for useful effect input?

E.q. i want to edit the effect properties with the mouse and then save to something usable.

How about making the sound effect say in Musicmon (nice UI for creating sounds), play the sound while record it as a YM3! file (Hatari can do it for you). That's very easy to play back as well and uses very little portion of the cpu and you don't need to master the YM (just feed it some values from the YM3! file).

Mug UK
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Mug UK » Thu May 29, 2014 9:03 pm

In the back of my mind there was an XBIOS(32) Sound Designer / DoSound (can't remember exactly) and I'm sure it was either on a Floppyshop disk or LAPD had it?

After a quick look on a random FTP site found by typing in "XBios 32 Music Construction Kit", I found DOSound and inside the DOSOUND file is an effects creator.

DOSOUND.ZIP

There's also something that plays Xbios(32) music from GFA. Not quite what you were after, but it was in the same folder :)

XB32_GFA.LZH
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
My main site: http://www.mug-uk.co.uk - slowly digging up the bits from my past (and re-working a few): Atari ST, Sega 8-bit (game hacks) and NDS (Music ripping guide).

I develop a free Word (for Windows) add-in that's available for Word 2007 upwards. It's a fix-it toolbox that will allow power Word users to fix document errors. You can find it at: http://www.mikestoolbox.co.uk

simonsunnyboy

Postby simonsunnyboy » Fri May 30, 2014 7:28 am

Mug UK wrote:In the back of my mind there was an XBIOS(32) Sound Designer / DoSound (can't remember exactly) and I'm sure it was either on a Floppyshop disk or LAPD had it?

After a quick look on a random FTP site found by typing in "XBios 32 Music Construction Kit", I found DOSound and inside the DOSOUND file is an effects creator.

DOSOUND.ZIP

There's also something that plays Xbios(32) music from GFA. Not quite what you were after, but it was in the same folder :)

XB32_GFA.LZH

@MugUK

these would be exact what I was looking for with the sole problem: SAVE is disabled making the whole thing pretty worthless :\

@evil
Yes recording something to YM3 files would be quite similar to what I want. But i'd rather use that tool with GFA statements and then read out the YM registers to fill the string myself. I can try that.

But I'm sure there are more tools like those above. I am still looking for them :)
Simon Sunnyboy/Paradize - http://paradize.atari.org/

Stay cool, stay Atari!

1x2600jr, 1x1040STFm, 1x1040STE 4MB+TOS2.06+SatanDisk, 1xF030 14MB+FPU+NetUS-Bee

charles
10 GOTO 10
10 GOTO 10

Postby charles » Tue Jun 10, 2014 1:06 am

maybe the stos music kit would help ,,,,,im not familar too much with the xbios32 do sound etc...ym stuff

charlie
atari is my lifestyle,not a hobby.
HOLD ON ! ! !,
Im printing unreadable characters ...!

Social Media

Return to “Ym rockin'”