All about chiptunes

Moderators: Mug UK, lotek_style, Moderator Team

LorenzYM
Atarian
Atarian

XLR8 and E.P.S.S. Control

Postby LorenzYM » Mon Jun 01, 2009 5:51 pm

Hello everybody,

I'm new to this forum and to Atari chiptunes too and I'm slowly understanding how things might work. I'm using a 1040STe machine with Sm124 monochrome monitor. so - unfortunatly i can't use most of the trackers provided by the scene. I've got a few question and hope someone will be so patient and help me 8 bit.

1. I'm running a version of XLR8 chipcomposer. there are 4 channels but only 3 are working. 4th is for digitized dma sound as far as i remember. when i go to voiceedit mode i can see a menue which is for loading samples, but it doesn't work(very grey). Is there a full-featured version out there or hasn't it been finished?

2. about E.P.S.S : I finally managed to run E.P.S.S controll (after a nice guy gave my advice on how to use ACCs :cheers: )
I got a PD version, but i would like to combine it with cubase (or better Creator) but i havn't got the driver file.
Does anyone use this programm with the "EPSS.DRV" file? I'm also willing to pay alittle bit for it because i think the programm is really cool.
but before i've got the get me some more RAM!

3. I'd love to take a look at the "new" maxYMiser DMA Tracker by Mr.Morris. If i connect a color TV - will it work?
I guess this software can do all the things i want and a lot more!!!

now i'm gonna continue with formating disks and trying out software. Unfortunatly I'm a total noob as far as coding is concerned otherwise I#d like to write some kind of programm and add my music to it... maybe sometime

best regards, LorenzYm

dma
Atari Super Hero
Atari Super Hero

Re: XLR8 and E.P.S.S. Control

Postby dma » Tue Jun 02, 2009 9:04 am

LorenzYM wrote:I'd love to take a look at the "new" maxYMiser DMA Tracker by Mr.Morris. If i connect a color TV - will it work?
I guess this software can do all the things i want and a lot more!!!

Yes it will and yes it can. ;)

simonsunnyboy

Re: XLR8 and E.P.S.S. Control

Postby simonsunnyboy » Tue Jun 02, 2009 4:18 pm

Mym uses a very tiny font. It might be unreadable if you use it on a cheap TV....but Mym itself should work ofcourse.
Simon Sunnyboy/Paradize - http://paradize.atari.org/

Stay cool, stay Atari!

1x2600jr, 1x1040STFm, 1x1040STE 4MB+TOS2.06+SatanDisk, 1xF030 14MB+FPU+NetUS-Bee

Social Media

Return to “Ym rockin'”