Dragon's Breath - Spellbook

Requests for manuals and detailed information on playing games

Moderators: Mug UK, Doctor Bob Gordon, Moderator Team

DragonsLover
Atari freak
Atari freak

Dragon's Breath - Spellbook

Postby DragonsLover » Mon Sep 24, 2007 1:48 am

I'm looking for the spellbook of the game: Dragon's Breath (or Dragon Lord). Do you know where I could find it please? Thanks for your help!

==========

Je suis à la recherche du livre de sorts du jeu Dragon's Breath (ou Dragon Lord). Savez-vous où je pourrais le trouver svp? Merci! J'aimerais l'avoir en français de préférence.
I like dragons! They're the center of my life! I'll never forget them...

Kroah
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Postby Kroah » Mon Sep 24, 2007 8:45 am

The PDF in the following thread isn't good enough for you ?

http://www.atari-forum.com/viewtopic.php?t=9564

PaulB
Fuji Shaped Bastard
Fuji Shaped Bastard

Postby PaulB » Mon Sep 24, 2007 8:46 am

I don't know if this is a spellbook as I didn't dl it but you can try here:
http://www.replacementdocs.com/download.php?20.list.30.20.download_name.ASC

DragonsLover
Atari freak
Atari freak

Postby DragonsLover » Tue Sep 25, 2007 1:58 am

Thanks a lot Kroah! You're great! :D Thanks to Stethane too!

DragonsLover
Atari freak
Atari freak

Postby DragonsLover » Thu Oct 11, 2007 10:54 pm

UP!

Wait, there's something really strange between Stethan spellbook and ReplacementDocs spellbook. The tables of ingredients aren't the same! 8O

I've read on ReplacementDocs that it's the AtariST manual, but the one that Stethane has is very different.

Let me show you:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

DragonsLover
Atari freak
Atari freak

Postby DragonsLover » Thu Oct 25, 2007 5:29 am

UP!

Nobody here knows? :(

Mug UK
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Mug UK » Thu Oct 25, 2007 6:47 pm

I've not got the game on any other format so I've no idea.
My main site: http://www.mug-uk.co.uk - slowly digging up the bits from my past (and re-working a few): Atari ST, Sega 8-bit (game hacks) and NDS (Music ripping guide).

I develop a free Word (for Windows) add-in that's available for Word 2007 upwards. It's a fix-it toolbox that will allow power Word users to fix document errors. You can find it at: http://www.mikestoolbox.co.uk

ICS

Dragon's Breath Spellbook

Postby ICS » Thu Oct 25, 2007 11:02 pm

Hello!

I have no idea why the spellbooks differ, but the replacementdocs one corrosponds with mine, which would be the spellbook for full priced ATARI ST release version from Palace.

From the PDF only two spells matched (forgot which ones tho, sorry).

Hope that helped.
Cheers.

Stethane
Atari freak
Atari freak

Postby Stethane » Mon Oct 29, 2007 1:10 am

Strange. My own spellbook(The one in the PDF) worked fine with the version of Dragon's Breath on the Automation 300 disc. And also, the doc file on Pompey Pirates 36 matches up with my spellbook also.

It seems to me that the ingredients are just in slightly different places on the two manuals.

DragonsLover
Atari freak
Atari freak

Postby DragonsLover » Mon Oct 29, 2007 2:38 am

Finally, you're there!!! :D Which version of the spellbook do you have? Is it the one for the ST version? If yes, is it the American one, the European one (or does it matter anyway)? If not, is it the one for the Amiga version, Dos version?

The one on ReplacementDocs website is different from yours: it has ingredients descriptions, tables are slightly different (and a bit wrong) and they come in multiple languages. Yours doesn't have ingredients descriptions, has an improved version of the tables and summary sheet, and is only in English. Do you know if the one you have is a retailed version or something?

I mean, there's surely a good reason why there are 2 versions of the spellbook.

Also, I would be very curious to look at the DOC file.

Stethane
Atari freak
Atari freak

Postby Stethane » Fri Nov 23, 2007 1:47 am

My version of Dragon's Breath is not the "official" retail version. It came with my 520-STE package, which was the STE Turbo Pack*. It came with two thick instruction manuals, one for STOS which came with it, and the other for the rest of the applications and games. The instructions for most of the games were very short (Half a page for some) but the Dragons Breath instructions were around 20 pages long. Since the manual wasn't with the official ST retail version of the game it could have been an updated one with fixed spell tables, or it could have copied been from the Amiga or PC version. I really have no idea though.

*The Turbo Pack is seemingly one of the rarest ST packages since I have never seen it mentioned anywhere other than just before we ordered it in about 1991.

RetroGamerUK
RetroLamerUK
RetroLamerUK

Postby RetroGamerUK » Fri Nov 23, 2007 6:26 pm

I completed this game back in the day without any spell charts to start with, I researched the alchemy myself, took ages but made the game the classic that it is Yellow_Colorz_PDT_11, give it a try and you will see what I mean.

Stethane
Atari freak
Atari freak

Postby Stethane » Mon Nov 26, 2007 3:43 am

RetroGamerUK wrote:I completed this game back in the day without any spell charts to start with, I researched the alchemy myself, took ages but made the game the classic that it is Yellow_Colorz_PDT_11, give it a try and you will see what I mean.
Same here. I was only young at the time, and I couldn't make head nor tail of the spell charts. It's only when I started playing it again a couple of years back that I figured out how to use them. Back then I couldn't finish the game because I didn't think to systematically scour the map for the two hidden talisman pieces. I just kept randomly searching.

RetroGamerUK
RetroLamerUK
RetroLamerUK

Postby RetroGamerUK » Mon Nov 26, 2007 5:03 pm

I remember it was great going through all the possible combinations of herbs and minerals and eventually creating the perfect Dragon, not sure if I ever got the talismans though, all I remember is the laboratory and my dragon torching some villages.....
Great fun :D

Social Media

Return to “Doc Disks, Manuals & Instructions”