Frontier Elite 2 Galaxy Map

Requests for manuals and detailed information on playing games

Moderators: Mug UK, Doctor Bob Gordon, Moderator Team

FatPigeon25
Atariator
Atariator

Frontier Elite 2 Galaxy Map

Postby FatPigeon25 » Mon Jul 02, 2007 2:10 pm

Hi, does anyone have a scan of the frontier galaxy map? or could anyone tell me what planets are in the imperial part of the system? i'm flying round sol at the mo but would like to find the imperial system

RetroGamerUK
RetroLamerUK
RetroLamerUK

Postby RetroGamerUK » Mon Jul 02, 2007 2:54 pm

Woah, a full readable printout of the galaxy in frontier would be something 8O but quite pointless as there are only relatively few systems that are inhabited, once you get so far away from the Core Systems all the planets are uninhabited so theres literally no point to them all really :|
I found this out when my ship did a jump drive malfunction and my ship ended up so far away it would have taken about 2 years of game time to jump back assuming I had the fuel and yearly servicing.

Anyway, the imperial systems are directly below (or south if there is such a direction in space) the Core systems.
The easiest way to find the Imperial systems is to centre the star map on Sol, then hold the down arrow so the map scrolls down until you see the purple "Imperial Systems" sphere of influence and near the center of it you will find the "Facece" system, to the right of this you will find "Achenar" which is the Imperial Capital.
I like the Imperial Trader vessel, its good for missions where you need big weapons and speed :)
A great game it is an all.

simonsunnyboy

Postby simonsunnyboy » Mon Jul 02, 2007 6:35 pm

Somewhere in Imperial Space you can get filthy rich by buying gem stone due to a bug in the game ^^
Simon Sunnyboy/Paradize - http://paradize.atari.org/ - STOT: http://www.npoi.de/stot/

Stay cool, stay Atari!

1x2600jr, 1x1040STFm, 1x1040STE 4MB+TOS2.06+SatanDisk, 1xF030 14MB+FPU+NetUS-Bee

Jabber: simonsunnyboy@atari-jabber.org

RetroGamerUK
RetroLamerUK
RetroLamerUK

Postby RetroGamerUK » Mon Jul 02, 2007 7:02 pm

That would be the CEMIESS system (-2,-2) :wink:
Definitely a bug as you say, simply check the bulletin boards for the dodgy dealers, find one that is not the scuffers, buy gemstones for a negative value / kg in other words they pay you to take them away!!! :)
Worth also noting however that there is, nowhere in any of the Imperial systems, any planets with tech level as high as Sol....
Which is a bit tedious when buying new ships as you can't get Class 3 Military drives.

FatPigeon25
Atariator
Atariator

Postby FatPigeon25 » Tue Jul 03, 2007 12:19 am

Thanks guys thats a great help, i just wanted to up my imperial ranking, but now have to start from scratch cause somehow i buggered up my save games so now i have gone from a panther clipper to an eagle trader again lol

thanks again

StickHead
Atari Super Hero
Atari Super Hero

Postby StickHead » Tue Jul 03, 2007 5:33 pm

I always made a smackload of money from trading between Sol and Barnards Star at the beginning of the game. Computers and Robots are sometimes in demand from the bulletin board at Sol, so you get twice as much. A bit tedious going backwards or forwards, but it'll get you back to your Panther Clipper very quickly (without taking advantage of bugs :wink: )

Also, you might need a faster ship for some of the imperial missions. I remember some of them are for more remote systems.
The Joy of STicks - YouTube - Blog - Twitter - Facebook
New Developments and old inspirations in Atari ST gaming.

RetroGamerUK
RetroLamerUK
RetroLamerUK

Postby RetroGamerUK » Tue Jul 03, 2007 6:49 pm

Theres a good trade route between Barnard's Star and a world nearby that sells narcotics, slaves and animal skins, if you don't mind the criminal record :)

cb
Fuji Shaped Bastard
Fuji Shaped Bastard

Postby cb » Tue Jul 03, 2007 8:00 pm

RetroGamerUK wrote:Theres a good trade route between Barnard's Star and a world nearby that sells narcotics, slaves and animal skins, if you don't mind the criminal record :)

Narcotics and slaves, now that sounds interresting! :)
Heghlu'meH QaQ jajvam!

StickHead
Atari Super Hero
Atari Super Hero

Postby StickHead » Tue Jul 03, 2007 9:13 pm

RetroGamerUK wrote:narcotics, slaves and animal skins

How could you?
The Joy of STicks - YouTube - Blog - Twitter - Facebook
New Developments and old inspirations in Atari ST gaming.

FatPigeon25
Atariator
Atariator

Postby FatPigeon25 » Wed Jul 04, 2007 2:24 pm

ok i now have my panther clipper back just but scanning the board for crew i need another 2 :( keep using the star dreamer to skip a couple of days and checking back i can see this taking some time lol,

FatPigeon25
Atariator
Atariator

Postby FatPigeon25 » Wed Jul 04, 2007 2:26 pm

i also tried the bug thing in the imperial system with the gem stones but it gave me a criminal record so i went back to trading between barnards star and sol

RetroGamerUK
RetroLamerUK
RetroLamerUK

Postby RetroGamerUK » Wed Jul 04, 2007 2:50 pm

FatPigeon25 wrote:i also tried the bug thing in the imperial system with the gem stones but it gave me a criminal record so i went back to trading between barnards star and sol

Of course Gemstones are illegal in the Cemiess system so that's why you need to buy them off a trader....
Criminal records go away after time I think...

FatPigeon25
Atariator
Atariator

Postby FatPigeon25 » Wed Jul 04, 2007 2:56 pm

i bought them off someone on the bulliten board

RetroGamerUK
RetroLamerUK
RetroLamerUK

Postby RetroGamerUK » Wed Jul 04, 2007 4:44 pm

FatPigeon25 wrote:i bought them off someone on the bulliten board

Yes, the traders I call them, sometimes its actually the Police though, and sometimes a bribe works :wink:

FatPigeon25
Atariator
Atariator

Postby FatPigeon25 » Wed Jul 04, 2007 5:30 pm

is there anywhere in the frontier universe that does a class 8 hyperdrive so i can remove it from my panther clipper as i would like to swap it with a class 3 militery drive.

RetroGamerUK
RetroLamerUK
RetroLamerUK

Postby RetroGamerUK » Wed Jul 04, 2007 5:44 pm

The highest Tech as far as I know is at the SOL system and prob a few other core systems, I think the highest military drive sadly is the class 3, its a shame as the bigger ships would be great with class 7, 8 or even 9 military drives.

FatPigeon25
Atariator
Atariator

Postby FatPigeon25 » Wed Jul 04, 2007 8:03 pm

what is the lightyear limit on a class 3 military drive? would there be any point in swapping the class 8 standard drive with it? if i could

RetroGamerUK
RetroLamerUK
RetroLamerUK

Postby RetroGamerUK » Wed Jul 04, 2007 8:04 pm

FatPigeon25 wrote:what is the lightyear limit on a class 3 military drive? would there be any point in swapping the class 8 standard drive with it? if i could

Depends entirely on the ship to which it is intalled....
Which is why I like the Asp Explorer, the largest drive it can take is a class 3 I think, so it is ideal for the Military Drives, the best medium ship I reckon :wink:

FatPigeon25
Atariator
Atariator

Postby FatPigeon25 » Wed Jul 04, 2007 8:14 pm

i remember a good few years back when i bought elite first encounters for the pc i did a thargoid mission in which i had to do something for the thargons and in return they gave be a super ship is there anything remotly like this in frontier?

RetroGamerUK
RetroLamerUK
RetroLamerUK

Postby RetroGamerUK » Wed Jul 04, 2007 8:51 pm

FatPigeon25 wrote:elite first encounters

WAAAHH?? 8O
Whats this?? I never heard of that one, is it MS-DOS??

FatPigeon25
Atariator
Atariator

Postby FatPigeon25 » Wed Jul 04, 2007 9:18 pm

yes it is ms dos came out a while ago and with a crap load of bugs but was still a very good game it was much like frontier but with a few different missions it was a rush job to bring out as they were ment to bring out elite 3 but then they didnt so they brought out encounters very quickly and didnt bother patching it, i belive there is an open gl version frontier floating about the internet for the pc now too.

FatPigeon25
Atariator
Atariator

Postby FatPigeon25 » Mon Jul 16, 2007 11:54 am

i have got the frontier first encounters gl version for windows very much like the original for dos but better graphics,

Omikronman
Atari Super Hero
Atari Super Hero

Postby Omikronman » Fri Jul 20, 2007 11:27 am

The original paper map out of the original Frontier box does not show much infos about the systems. The only things I can see are colored dots including the names of the star systems.

earx
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Postby earx » Fri Jul 20, 2007 12:11 pm

a full map?? holy poo.. i guess you'd need to hack the program and let it print out coordinates and names for each sector.. doing it by hand is almost hopeless, unless you are only looking for the core systems..

BTW nice and offtopic again :)) : in case some of you didn't know yet: it's possible to use the "modulo" behaviour of the hyperjumps.. you can jump over 65536 LY in one go ;) just look for a crowded area with loads of stars.. then jump back to your destination. now you you can manage those nasty jumps you otherwise would have needed a detour for ;)

and first encounters would be great. they did a fine job on those planets.. but it was indeed more buggy than hell.. Thanks for the tip about the GL version, didn't know! :)

Ruzty
Atarian
Atarian

Postby Ruzty » Sat Aug 04, 2007 6:24 pm

Check this out, could be of help..

http://www.jongware.com/

Ive just downloaded and started playing the open GL version of FFE, re-living the old days and all that =p
Do you have any problems with the system/orbital map? I cant seem to see any warp points or (more importantly) ships in system when i look at it. Have been searchin the net for ages looking for anyone with similar porbs but cant find anything

Social Media

Return to “Doc Disks, Manuals & Instructions”